Preferred Piggyback ECU for 1JZGTE VVTI.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
@Mitevo7 come join us la.
This date i can't, family dinner, next one lar, and also give me more time to tidy up the car too, got some loose brackets somewhere, tak tak tak tak tak like something rattling in the engine bay.

Thanks,
Ken

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
im not saying that u cant use emanage blue... just that device capability not worth going to map sensor based...unless the tuner is definately able to smooth things out on every driving occasion...
If my target is 350whp, without going MAP conversion, can the emanage BLUE able to do it?

Thanks,
Ken

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If my target is 350whp, without going MAP conversion, can the emanage BLUE able to do it?

Thanks,
Ken
I doubt you can get that number without a turbo upgrade. My setup had a single large turbo standalone ECU setup to get 360whp with lots of supporting mods (top feed injectors, fuel pump upgrade, injector upgrade, etc etc)

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
I doubt you can get that number without a turbo upgrade. My setup had a single large turbo standalone ECU setup to get 360whp with lots of supporting mods (top feed injectors, fuel pump upgrade, injector upgrade, etc etc)
My plan is to hi-flow the CT15B, standard boost at 0.9 bar, scramble boost at 1.4 bar to get to 350whp when required. The modder’s suggestion to me, larger fuel injector, better ignition, spark plugs, after market BOV to get to that numbers.

Feasible ?

Thanks,
Ken

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
My plan is to hi-flow the CT15B, standard boost at 0.9 bar, scramble boost at 1.4 bar to get to 350whp when required. The modder’s suggestion to me, larger fuel injector, better ignition, spark plugs, after market BOV to get to that numbers.

Feasible ?

Thanks,
Ken
Are your current injectors side-feed? If so the mod will require a fuel rail and top feed injectors. Ignition coils no need to upgrade as stock is already quite good unless yours is worn out and get a GFB or an ori Turbosmart BOV. Those are awesome.

As for scramble boost I'm not a fan as I believe it kills the turbo much faster. But if modders have done it safely and worked well for them then yeah why not? But just be warned that pushing anything above it's maximum state is not going to do it favors.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Are your current injectors side-feed? If so the mod will require a fuel rail and top feed injectors. Ignition coils no need to upgrade as stock is already quite good unless yours is worn out and get a GFB or an ori Turbosmart BOV. Those are awesome.

As for scramble boost I'm not a fan as I believe it kills the turbo much faster. But if modders have done it safely and worked well for them then yeah why not? But just be warned that pushing anything above it's maximum state is not going to do it favors.
Stock everything down to stock BOV. I need recirculating BOV setup, otherwise loose power and idles like shit.

The scramble boost will be done only i modified the CT15B with steel fin. The stock ceramic fin is weak.

Thanks
Ken

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
I am not looking at crazy power upgrades (YET) but wanted to optimize the AFR. I had modified all the, exhaust, downpipe, intake and intercooler pipings when converting the engine in a E46 chassis and i am pretty the air flow measurement is slightly off compare to stock tubes. My gut feelings telling me that the current engine performance is not optimal yet. Idling may be stable but during drive, the acceleration is kinda off as i am expecting even stronger pull.

I have 2 options now, Unichip Q and Emanage Blue, obviously Emanage blue is not everybody's favorite so i will pass on that. What do you guys think of Unichip ? Last time there was this RS Tune used to tune Unichip in Puchong.

Thanks,
Ken
As many upgrade you do, the engine still in stock mode iinm. Keep it that way for a moment. Correct me if i'm wrong.
Calm down and plan lah, have a kit kat.
Modder can tell u this and that. Anyway you the final decider....lol :biggrin:

Last edited:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
As many upgrade you do, the engine still in stock mode iinm. Keep it that way for a moment. Correct me if i'm wrong.
Calm down and plan lah, have a kit kat.
Modder can tell u this and that. Anyway you the final decider....lol :biggrin:
That's the beauty of stock 1JZ, bolt on mods can have so many effects on it. Just checked again myself, if i am not running over 500hp MAP sensor is pretty much unnecessary. I will change title to Prefered Piggyback ECU for 1JZGTE VVTI.

Thanks,
Ken

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
That's the beauty of stock 1JZ, bolt on mods can have so many effects on it. Just checked again myself, if i am not running over 500hp MAP sensor is pretty much unnecessary. I will change title to Prefered Piggyback ECU for 1JZGTE VVTI.

Thanks,
Ken
Done. (the rename)

There isn't a lot of piggybacks out there for you to choose that can handle 6-cylinder. Personally I'm not a fan of the piggyback only because I've seen what standalone can do and the pricing whilst more expensive, makes it more worthwhile in comparison.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Done. (the rename)

There isn't a lot of piggybacks out there for you to choose that can handle 6-cylinder. Personally I'm not a fan of the piggyback only because I've seen what standalone can do and the pricing whilst more expensive, makes it more worthwhile in comparison.
Thanks dude ! Reason i am routing for Piggyback for now is because there were 2 ready for me to install at very fair price. Emanage Blue and Unichip Q. For Unichip Q to perform better, i just need to buy another turbo module. My questions now are:

1.) Which one has more "Know How" people in the market to tune
2.) Which one performs better when i decided to go beyond 350whp
3.) Which one is easily removed so that i can go for standalone, if i have the money :biggrin:

Thanks,
Ken

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Stock everything down to stock BOV. I need recirculating BOV setup, otherwise loose power and idles like shit.

The scramble boost will be done only i modified the CT15B with steel fin. The stock ceramic fin is weak.

Thanks
Ken
Why would the BOV affect idle?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Thanks dude ! Reason i am routing for Piggyback for now is because there were 2 ready for me to install at very fair price. Emanage Blue and Unichip Q. For Unichip Q to perform better, i just need to buy another turbo module. My questions now are:

1.) Which one has more "Know How" people in the market to tune
2.) Which one performs better when i decided to go beyond 350whp
3.) Which one is easily removed so that i can go for standalone, if i have the money :biggrin:

Thanks,
Ken
1. both Unichip and Emanage have huge support in KL. Both have huge followings.
2. both work. Unichip will need that module. EManage however I'd recommend you go higher end like Ultimate.
3. both will need to splice your original wires so switching to standalone might be messy

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Why would the BOV affect idle?
Stock 1jzgte VVTI uses recirculated BOV setup. The HKS SSQV that i had is vent to
atmosphere setup, and since i am still using MAF setup, the vented air will cause the engine to run rich.

Reactions: sweelt

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Another GTR crashes on Jalan Ampang. This time, it's said to be a Bangladeshi car jockey who probably thought the GTR's really fail proof. Sad to say, it's not exactly dummy...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience