Should i get a 180sx?

iameternal

Known Member
May 16, 2019
posted in car manufacture section earlier, thought it would be more appropriate to post here.

Hi, new here. Planning to get a 180sx.

Would like to ask if it is difficult to get 180sx parts now?

180sx parts are interchangable with which car model?

how about workshop? any recommendation in selangor/KL area?

Thanks !

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
posted in car manufacture section earlier, thought it would be more appropriate to post here.

Hi, new here. Planning to get a 180sx.

Would like to ask if it is difficult to get 180sx parts now?

180sx parts are interchangable with which car model?

how about workshop? any recommendation in selangor/KL area?

Thanks !
To get a 180sx, you need to be willing to risk getting a lemon as the car is pretty old and most if not almost all were drifted. A friend of mine bought one some time back and no matter what couldn't set the alignment for the car to go straight. He stripped the car down bare and found that the rear had some serious metal work done and the car itself was unsafe.

Parts wise isn't hard to get, tonnes of aftermarket support and tonnes of halfcuts. The SR20 engine parts is plentiful and it being such a fundamentally basic car (not a lot of sensors and stuff), most mechanics will know how to service it. The key is finding one willing to strip the car down bare and inspect for you properly for damage.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Hahahahaha

NO

Unless you personally know the owner, he's good friends with you, and you know the history of the car.

iameternal

Known Member
May 16, 2019
Normal mechanic should be able to check the basic right? like if the frame have been badly damage and stuff...

i dont expect the mechanic to be able to check very details stuff in the transmission, engine etc.

At least body ok others can be fixed.. thats what i think la...

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Normal mechanic should be able to check the basic right? like if the frame have been badly damage and stuff...

i dont expect the mechanic to be able to check very details stuff in the transmission, engine etc.

At least check the chassis condition. I assumed u ready to invest on this car.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

You sound like you really like the car model. Test drive any and all cars you are interested in. Make sure they handle straight on power, off power, cruising, idling, etc.

iameternal

Known Member
May 16, 2019
You sound like you really like the car model. Test drive any and all cars you are interested in. Make sure they handle straight on power, off power, cruising, idling, etc.
always into jdm, but nvr really have the money to get one. still wondering if is a good idea to get one now...everyone seems to move on but i am still interested in a 25 years old car .... ha

Reactions: alcyon

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
always into jdm, but nvr really have the money to get one. still wondering if is a good idea to get one now...everyone seems to move on but i am still interested in a 25 years old car .... ha
Its possible to get a almost completely stock model, but you are advised to learn how to troubleshoot and repair at least minor stuff on your own. That will save you a lot of money and also you know its done right. Join FB groups and especially forums for this car and read up as much as you can. 180sx is still cheaper than a s13 silvia.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Personally i would recommend to go for it if you able to answer yourself some questions:

1.) How long i will be owning the 180SX? Is it going to be momento that you want to pass on?
2.) How much money i am willing to spend on it?
3.) Is it going to be garage queen, just park at home or semi daily drive (you can't daily a high performance car especial manual one)
4.) What condition is acceptable ? Lots of dents, faulty engines that require lots of car, dirty interior, messed up wiring (worse nightmare)

Thanks,
Ken

iameternal

Known Member
May 16, 2019
Its possible to get a almost completely stock model, but you are advised to learn how to troubleshoot and repair at least minor stuff on your own. That will save you a lot of money and also you know its done right. Join FB groups and especially forums for this car and read up as much as you can. 180sx is still cheaper than a s13 silvia.
good advice

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The latest race series to partake in the GT Asia series, the Lotus Supercup Asia will also be entering the Malaysian Super Series (MSS) this year in October and November 2011, giving the national championship for circuit racing a timely lift in injecting a sense of excitement in the Malaysia motorsports scene.

‪GT4 at Sepang - Melia Kuala Lumpur...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience