Did I make a financial mistake buying an EG?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Wait.. "The latter" in this case refers to the boxer lancer. I'd prefer the box over the Myvi
English is your friend.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Explain my boss
EG6 is too old already. If must get a Honda, can get Integra DC2 for that price range also, for example:
https://www.mudah.my/1996+Honda+INTEGRA+1+8+M+Type+R+DB6+Many+Extras-70715926.htm
https://www.mudah.my/1995+or+older+Honda+Integra+1+8+M+-73791265.htm

I personally have bought a 2008 Suzuki Swift Sport ZC31S manual for under 30k for my son to learn driving. Fun little car that can surprise many and got 6 airbags for safety too. I actually did think about EG6 but then due to the age and looking at the prices, it's already goreng until just purely for hardcore Honda fans which I'm not. If I want an old basic car to go balls-to-the-wall fast driving, I'd just get a Satria GTI and slap some 4G63T in it.

Reactions: Ranjanmax

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
EG6 is too old already. If must get a Honda, can get Integra DC2 for that price range also, for example:
https://www.mudah.my/1996+Honda+INTEGRA+1+8+M+Type+R+DB6+Many+Extras-70715926.htm
https://www.mudah.my/1995+or+older+Honda+Integra+1+8+M+-73791265.htm

I personally have bought a 2008 Suzuki Swift Sport ZC31S manual for under 30k for my son to learn driving. Fun little car that can surprise many and got 6 airbags for safety too. I actually did think about EG6 but then due to the age and looking at the prices, it's already goreng until just purely for hardcore Honda fans which I'm not. If I want an old basic car to go balls-to-the-wall fast driving, I'd just get a Satria GTI and slap some 4G63T in it.
Honda Integra DC2 if its non type R, still affordable, the Type R version is inhumane to live with on daily basis. Honda EG9 Civic is the next choice, sedan body, slightly heavier and its price should not be too "goreng".

Thanks,
Ken

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Some people willing to spend 90k to 100k for ae86 trueno, or 60k for rx-7 fc, RM 250k for JZA80 Supra. Worth it for them, not worth it to many others.
RX7 FC and Supra i can i understand the sentimental value, but an AE86 ???? Rode that car before and honestly speaking, it will only outperform the most entry level Honda EG9 after its being modified in and out with many many cash dumped in. The chassis flexes a lot during intense cornering. The only most impressive thing i found within this car is the LSD that came with it.

Thanks,
Ken

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
, but an AE86 ???? Rode that car before and honestly speaking, it will only outperform the most entry level Honda EG9 after its being modified in and out with many many cash dumped in. The chassis flexes a lot during intense cornering. The only most impressive thing i found within this car is the LSD that came with it.

Thanks,
Ken
Its not all about performance. AE86 will get a lot of people drooling and opening their eyes really wide. It can get you attention almost as much as a Ferrari.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Its not all about performance. AE86 will get a lot of people drooling and opening their eyes really wide. It can get you attention almost as much as a Ferrari.
AE86 attracts more dudes and minority numbers of ladies that fancy Initial D that knows about the sentimental value of the machine. Any average joe will recognize Ferrari from far far away, so to put them both together for attention catching, very doubtful comparison.

However, AE86 hasn't had a cult like car group like the JAZ80 Supra and Skylines. So talk about JDM attention seeker, AE86 still pretty underrated.

Thanks,
Ken

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
AE86 attracts more dudes and minority numbers of ladies that fancy Initial D that knows about the sentimental value of the machine. Any average joe will recognize Ferrari from far far away, so to put them both together for attention catching, very doubtful comparison.

However, AE86 hasn't had a cult like car group like the JAZ80 Supra and Skylines. So talk about JDM attention seeker, AE86 still pretty underrated.

Thanks,
Ken
I disagree, AE86 is very much a cult car.besides, you are missing the point. the point is how much would you pay for car is different than how much would some one else pay for that same model.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
IMHO ae86 is probably the most overrated of the JDM cars, just don't really see what's so special about it. It only becomes such a cult car due to that Initial D movie.

Reactions: ahxun^^

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
I disagree, AE86 is very much a cult car.besides, you are missing the point. the point is how much would you pay for car is different than how much would some one else pay for that same model.
I don't think i miss any point, if you read about my replies after yours i never talked about monetary value to begin with, only talk about the sentimental value that they possess. To possess a car such as AE86, the price should not be the primary decisive factor (if you have money), its the sentimental value you have towards it.

Btw from my exposure to car world, AE86 is lesser car cult than the Skylines and Supras, even the RX7s. I can safely say the Beemers E3x - E46 has even larger car cult compared to AE86.

Thanks,
Ken

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
may be slow poke.... but to answer TS punya questions,

1/ if ori EG6 chassis, not bad la.. if converted EG6, a little over priced especially with that list of minimal mods
2/ if u bought it as weekend car and only go to places where u can literally park it in front of ur face, ok la taking (1) into consideration. if u bought it as a daily... risk of theft makes it totally not worth it.
3/ 200whp on a b16b? good luck. that takes alot of cash. cheapest way to go since u already have a b16b is to swap the block for a b20b and get a proper tune with crome at the very least. but with a b20b, reliability can be an issue.. so again.. good luck with that hahahahha

for point 2, my own experience, my hatch (avatar pic) was a weekend car.. but a major life change made it into a car that i have to take to places where i wont be able to have it in front of my face for hours (still not a daily, since i ride, but when i do drive, thats the situation im faced with)....and face the fear and worry of the car being stolen so i couldnt really enjoy my time.

so i sold it....with some losses of course.... and bought myself a myvi.... in pink. (que izso's screams of agony)

now i can park anywhere.... sometimes i even forget to lock the doors! HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHA

peace of mind > vtec

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranjanmax and Izso

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
I don't think i miss any point, if you read about my replies after yours i never talked about monetary value to begin with, only talk about the sentimental value that they possess. To possess a car such as AE86, the price should not be the primary decisive factor (if you have money), its the sentimental value you have towards it.

Btw from my exposure to car world, AE86 is lesser car cult than the Skylines and Supras, even the RX7s. I can safely say the Beemers E3x - E46 has even larger car cult compared to AE86.

Thanks,
Ken
Err, thats the whole point of the statement worth it for you not for me. Worth it for some people not worth it for others.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i need some suggestion from you guys
1)Suzuki swift sport / suzuki swift
2)Honda civic es 2.0
3)Toyota vios
i'm not really pro about car.http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/images/smilies/gtnsmilies/stupid.gif
My budget is around 75k - 110k
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience