Proton owners with coilovers

STR

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Penang
wrong spring rate...

u need spring rate around 4-5k at front and 2.5~3k for rear....

problem solved
Okay, will keep that in mind. The rear coilovers already making some weird noise when im driving through bumps. Will look for that particular spring rate when im about service.

STR

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Penang
I had my old front abs redone, means cut open, service/change and now is serviceable. Rear are hilo only. Then friend offered me his D2 coilover which he did not want anymore since his project car cancelled. Bought them cheap but even with softest setting still hard. Live with it for a few years already since the car nowadays rarely driven, but thinking of servicing my old set and change back......lol
So, if you install back the old abs, the rattling and stuffs wont be there anymore?Or is it something like, once they start to rattle, they gonna be there until you actually fix the real root cause?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So, if you install back the old abs, the rattling and stuffs wont be there anymore?Or is it something like, once they start to rattle, they gonna be there until you actually fix the real root cause?
Not sure, as have not done any reversal yet......lol

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Okay, will keep that in mind. The rear coilovers already making some weird noise when im driving through bumps. Will look for that particular spring rate when im about service.
is it like knock knock sound? if so then the valve inside problem dy. HWL is serviceable so u can send it for servicing and setup again.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
is it grooop groooop sound ? mine sound like that when go over bump.
is not bottom scratching btw.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
kluk sound if heard from bottom is balljoint+lower arm bushing

if heard from top at front bonnet...mostly is suspension top mounting

Reactions: STR

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
If from the rear, how to tell if it's top or bottom?
similar method... if sound u hear coming from lower back... its lower arm or trailing arm bush... if from top rear of your head...its top mount..

Reactions: STR

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
If from the rear, how to tell if it's top or bottom?
similar method... if sound u hear coming from lower back... its lower arm or trailing arm bush... if from top rear of your head...its top mount..

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
need to record this sound. haha. i also dunno how to type it. mine the valve inside they said makan dy. coz the alignment guy check the trailing arm bushes all still ok.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

I decided to install exedy racing clutch button type on my satria neo. Which one is better, 3puck or 4puck?...Based on the best performance..:smokin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience