Airtrek Parts Enquiry

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Hi sifus. I've been planning to get an airtrek. Not soon enough, still sorting out my budget. I wanna know, how hard is it to find the parts for airtrek? especially the handling stuff (lower arms, bushes, brake pads etc.) without breaking a leg. the 4g63t engine parts i know still got stock MMC parts that doesnt cost a bomb.

also, how reliable is the gearbox, transfer case and all? i read online the gearbox is rated at 35kgm of torque. what's the common problem u guys while having the airtrek?

thanks sifus!

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Isn't the airtrek older than your defunct Wira? I'd guess it'd be double more expensive than your Wira.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Isn't the airtrek older than your defunct Wira? I'd guess it'd be double more expensive than your Wira.
airtrek is slightly newer. ahahaha. wira is based on the lancer/evo1-3. airtrek is evo 7 crossover.

my option is either getting an airtrek or a suprima S.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
buy buy buy...

more or less similar maintenance...

slightly more parts to wear n tear due to awd

slightly more fc...(trade off for power)

better comfort and luggage space

better street cred

parts since sharing with evo 456789...should be no problem

Reactions: sanekit

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
buy buy buy...

better street cred

Whats the km/l on this thing?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
airtrek is slightly newer. ahahaha. wira is based on the lancer/evo1-3. airtrek is evo 7 crossover.

my option is either getting an airtrek or a suprima S.
One is SUV, one is car loh, depends what you want. Airtrek got mechanic Ah Wah also....haha

Reactions: ^pomen_GTR^

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
buy buy buy...

better street cred

i know the parts sharing with evo. but if go spare part shop ask for evo sure the price will break my wallet. ahahaha. the OEM parts can still get or not? like specifically for CU2W.

the FC more or less is somewhat similar to me whacking my wira daily. but surely gonna be slightly more coz i will definitely whack it.

One is SUV, one is car loh, depends what you want. Airtrek got mechanic Ah Wah also....haha
airtrek my mech can oso can fix. hehe. just wanna know the parts and maintenance whether gonna damage my wallet or not. ahaha

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
dude, just get airtrek instead of suprima.. why?

because it shares an evo parts more than u know. it shares "C" chasis as airtrek are Cu2w/Cu4w while evo are also Ce9a or CT9a bla bla bla.. Engine internal were taken from evo 5 (include piston, conrod, crank, balance shaft). the Invecs 2 tiptronic gearbox shares from a evo 7.5/lancer GT. the whole front/engine subframes can be swap to any evo from 4 to 9, frt absorber can use evo 789. rear absorber shares with lancer gt (tho Lgt absorber are like 2cm lower). ECU is tunable by ECU reflash. even Gearbox can be tune by some old timer tuner but will slightly shorten the durability. stock dyno is around 190ish on wheel. stock turbo is a TD04hl (the biggest td04 in the td04 lineup). evo swap parts/turbo is good for 250 to 300whp. it is advise to stick around 350whp and below to keep the gearbox happy (but it may depends on how healthy is the gearbox, the culprit is the tiny wave spring. change to evo 7.5 wave spring thicker and stronger).

i would love to help u on any airtrek info, im a proud owner of airtrek for 7 years.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
dude, just get airtrek instead of suprima.. why?

because it shares an evo parts more than u know. it shares "C" chasis as airtrek are Cu2w/Cu4w while evo are also Ce9a or CT9a bla bla bla.. Engine internal were taken from evo 5 (include piston, conrod, crank, balance shaft). the Invecs 2 tiptronic gearbox shares from a evo 7.5/lancer GT. the whole front/engine subframes can be swap to any evo from 4 to 9, frt absorber can use evo 789. rear absorber shares with lancer gt (tho Lgt absorber are like 2cm lower). ECU is tunable by ECU reflash. even Gearbox can be tune by some old timer tuner but will slightly shorten the durability. stock dyno is around 190ish on wheel. stock turbo is a TD04hl (the biggest td04 in the td04 lineup). evo swap parts/turbo is good for 250 to 300whp. it is advise to stick around 350whp and below to keep the gearbox happy (but it may depends on how healthy is the gearbox, the culprit is the tiny wave spring. change to evo 7.5 wave spring thicker and stronger).

i would love to help u on any airtrek info, im a proud owner of airtrek for 7 years.
wah. this is lots of tips and info. 7 years stronk, any recurring issues to your airtrek?

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
wah. this is lots of tips and info. 7 years stronk, any recurring issues to your airtrek?
hard to say recurring, but there is some common issues.. such as crack stock turbo manifold (normally occur after 10+ years), stepper motor (Idling motor) kong, MAF sensor kong, stock radiator fan kong, EGR dirty need to be clean, crank sensor faulty (after very long years), gearbox wave spring broken.

thats about it.. the most common is that first 3.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
Parts are still reachable and can also source new from an authorized supplier such as Bintang auto parts (the best airtrek evo supplier i could recommend). some parts can use from halfcut shop, some are better buy new.. so u have to be smart. or if u have unlimited budget, just get all new parts..

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
hard to say recurring, but there is some common issues.. such as crack stock turbo manifold (normally occur after 10+ years), stepper motor (Idling motor) kong, MAF sensor kong, stock radiator fan kong, EGR dirty need to be clean, crank sensor faulty (after very long years), gearbox wave spring broken.

thats about it.. the most common is that first 3.
First 3 not only airtrek but on most 4G63T, even my VR change manifold twice already......lol

Reactions: 4gbanger

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

When looking at oversea selling Motul 800 road racing 2T for +-US$17 and we are getting it at +-RM133 per bottle, I think it is too much. So, I'm wondering if volume can bring down the price a bit. Mix product purchasing also can, like x bottle of different engine oil + x bottle of different 2T.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience