Cleaning engine by Changing EO in less than 100km mileage

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
It sounds crazy. I am thinking to clean/flushed the engine of my 100K km mileage myvi by changing the EO again after the second day of changing EO.

Do you think this will work or waste of EO?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
It sounds crazy. I am thinking to clean/flushed the engine of my 100K km mileage myvi by changing the EO again after the second day of changing EO.

What?

meaning Monday - Change EO and filter. Tues - Change EO and filter again?

No point. If you're gonna do that - might as well run it for about 100km before the change. Or flush with Royal Purple oil during your oil change.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

A waste if u have been changing the oil regularly.

Anyway i have been changing semi syn oil at mileage of only 5k km and fully syn at well below 10k km. Thats a waste too as it can still be used.However Tesco is selling oil at cheap price so i really dont mind.

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
A waste if u have been changing the oil regularly.

Anyway i have been changing semi syn oil at mileage of only 5k km and fully syn at well below 10k km. Thats a waste too as it can still be used.However Tesco is selling oil at cheap price so i really dont mind.
Service mostly according to mileage and time

What?

meaning Monday - Change EO and filter. Tues - Change EO and filter again?

No point. If you're gonna do that - might as well run it for about 100km before the change. Or flush with Royal Purple oil during your oil change.
Monday Change EO and oil filter, tuesday change EO again. My mileage daily about 100km.
Flushing with Engine Oil Flush. heard alot of bad stories when googled

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
just use higher quality oil in slightly shorter interval than usually recommended...

that would fine enough...

OR

like me...i'm using diesel engine oil in petrol car...its really clean internally

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
just use higher quality oil in slightly shorter interval than usually recommended...

that would fine enough...

OR

like me...i'm using diesel engine oil in petrol car...its really clean internally
wow. car wont be heavy ar using Diesel EO

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
wow. car wont be heavy ar using Diesel EO

as heavy as lorry... :rofl:

nope.. works just fine...

not only on 1 car... but multiple car i currently own...non turbo and turbo...normal daily drive and weekend fast drive...

key is always keep oil at good level and oil change interval dont drag longer than recommended...(shorter is better..just dont too short like u did)..that is a big waste

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Don’t bother.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If really want to do it, buy cheap single grade oil SAE30 to flush then refill with your normal FS

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Monday Change EO and oil filter, tuesday change EO again.
What's the point and what do you hope to achieve? Recalibrating the butt dyno? Bear in the mind that the filter which you choose not to replace, contains a fair amount of tainted oil.

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
okok. thanks for all inputs, looks that regular change intervals / maintenance is the best.
Thanks

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
Out of curiosity, did you open the oil filler cap and see a lot of muck, sludge or varnish in the engine?
varnish yes.sludge mild

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi I need some information.

I am actually looking for a 4g92 MIVEC engine. Can someone please tell me whats the rough estimation of the the cost.
I intend to upgrade my WIRA 1,5m yr 2000 model. Would I require authorization from JPJ and also do I require to change my current breaking system. At current moment my front breaks are Disc breaks and back breaks are drum breaks.

I also need to know..would this effect my car insurance and NCB..?

I hope all u "tai kor" can help me...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience