how to improve the performance of 4G13 stock engine

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
what happen to your logo?

is 2.5" too big for 1.6? In what scenario pressure can help make power?
Lost the logo when forum got revamped

I don't know about 1.6. Don't even know what pressure does and how they even make power. :dontknow:

LimauKanker

Known Member
Aug 27, 2018
walao eh.. i heard from people that i can find the one true master RENESIS here. i purposely risk my life, climb mountain, swim river, login zth from office pc just to learn from RENESIS sifu.. now he say he duno anything out of no where. :emoji_disappointed_relieved:

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
walao eh.. i heard from people that i can find the one true master RENESIS here. i purposely risk my life, climb mountain, swim river, login zth from office pc just to learn from RENESIS sifu.. now he say he duno anything out of no where. :emoji_disappointed_relieved:
Perhaps tone it down. Dah cukup already

Reactions: alcyon

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
From your detailed description in your posts, indeed you are the one with more experience in 4G15 modding. You are right, about me using butt feel and theories which are just solely my own baseless assumption. As a person without any true hands on experience at all, I advice every one here to take what I said with a pinch of salt. I guess a keyboard warrior like me who only types and writes but without any real knowledge about cars should just be more quiet when seniors are giving out helpful advice.

A very well write up there earlier. It finally cleared some of my clouded thoughts and misconceptions about modding a 4G15. Thank you very much for your detailed explanation earlier as it enlightens with more knowledge about engine modding. I admit that all that I have said earlier are just misguided wrong information which was all made up by myself.
I wouldn’t say everything you post is 100% wrong, but it’s very generalized. I would suggest trying out more stuff on your own car so you can use more updated info for your posts in the future.

The reason why I left that line there is so that if people do come across this and want to copy the setup there’s room for them to think as well instead of just applying outdated theories for headers. There’s still room to improve and update your theories.

But regarding the write up, you’re welcome. I hope the info was useful to whoever comes across it. I also have this stubbornness to stick to the 4G15 so I’m willing to share a very very vague guideline of what works. There’s still a lot of specifics I didn’t mention because I myself have no experience with it.

And just remember la, you’re a very vocal person. It’s hard to hide when you’re prominent... it’ll be nice if you keep the forums alive with accurate information.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Hmmm, perhaps a different Renesis than me. There are a few senior Renesis member here.

Pressure is a form of restriction, do u really make or lose power

You are right. Looks like I got it wrong from my own assumptions again. Pressure is a restriction. Basic physics, how can I forgot or overlook this. In this case, I suppose you are right, back pressure will make you lose power. Otherwise, why do we see racing cars using very short exhaust piping and some even have their exhaust gasses expelled straight out from their exhaust headers. Maybe 2.0, 2.5 inch piping is the right size to go for more power.

LimauKanker

Known Member
Aug 27, 2018
Perhaps tone it down. Dah cukup already
sure man, but just because you asked nicely.

Sometimes it is just annoying to see newbies-people who literally knows nothing trying to learn, in the end what they get is vague and general answers which mislead him as well as inaccurate information or some butt feeling from some "senior members". Being a senior member, should've act as what a senior member should be and not mislead new comers with vague information or his ideology. i believe our dear forumner here LittleWhiteWagon already pointed out enough points to underline what are the issues.

I am not axing anyone here, just a friendly reminder to say what you know and dont be shy to learn. In the end, that's what a forum for.

Aug 27, 2018
The simple truth is power is torque x rpm. You want to make more power, you either increase the amount of torque you make for the same rpm range (which is difficult without increasing displacement), or you make the same torque at higher rpm.

How do you make the same torque at higher rpm? What's the limiting factor when it comes to developing torque at higher rpm? Is it your cams? Is it your exhaust manifold? Is it your exhaust pipe diameter? Is it your port design? Is it your compression ratio? All an engine does is pump air. If old (air) don't go, new (air) can't come.

And then you have to consider, if you've built your engine to develop torque between 5,500 and 8,000 rpm, do your gear ratios suit the engine? Does the engine even suit where you're driving? A car with a broader torque range lower down will suffer on a race track, but a peaky engine with bad ratios will suffer on autocross or open roads. Everything is a compromise.

Reactions: sanekit

firezy

Aug 28, 2004
chillax...

what we discussing here are to max out the 4g13/15. as some mentioned the amt of money spent are better of buying a car that come with bigger displacement engine. each to their own taste, some doing it for fun, for learning, etc. some doing it just to keep the car for a reason.

butt feel or on wheel tuning, etc... end of day, sit on it, feel great of.

from 60+whp to 300whp, it makes me feel way appreciating both rides. I used to curse the 300whp being underpowered, and thinking to rebuilt, forged pistons/conrods and bigger tebu (gtx series) somehow, godsend the old car back to me. in a way that my old man trying to remind me stay humble and be contented.

psst psst... I just gotten myself a weber dcnf 40 NOS... kekekeke...

LimauKanker

Known Member
Aug 27, 2018
chillax...

what we discussing here are to max out the 4g13/15. as some mentioned the amt of money spent are better of buying a car that come with bigger displacement engine. each to their own taste, some doing it for fun, for learning, etc. some doing it just to keep the car for a reason.

butt feel or on wheel tuning, etc... end of day, sit on it, feel great of.

from 60+whp to 300whp, it makes me feel way appreciating both rides. I used to curse the 300whp being underpowered, and thinking to rebuilt, forged pistons/conrods and bigger tebu (gtx series) somehow, godsend the old car back to me. in a way that my old man trying to remind me stay humble and be contented.

psst psst... I just gotten myself a weber dcnf 40 NOS... kekekeke...
dude, OT, but where do you tune your weber?

firezy

Aug 28, 2004
ermm...

found a chap that playing dcnf 40... he got his tiuned in N9. somehow he learn a bit or 2 of it. his car in great condition... like some say btek tek kick in. but then his is a 4g15, standard ac pump, and some other upgrades (st flywheel, 8.5" clutchcover, 3puck clutch) bla bla bla...

so now is getting a platform for dcnf 40, put it on. and let him play around with it.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
ermm...

found a chap that playing dcnf 40... he got his tiuned in N9. somehow he learn a bit or 2 of it. his car in great condition... like some say btek tek kick in. but then his is a 4g15, standard ac pump, and some other upgrades (st flywheel, 8.5" clutchcover, 3puck clutch) bla bla bla...

so now is getting a platform for dcnf 40, put it on. and let him play around with it.
If you want you can find Dwayne from R-Tune garage in mount Austin area. He plays with a lot of classic cars, he might have a few DCNF parts lying around also...

LimauKanker

Known Member
Aug 27, 2018
If you want you can find Dwayne from R-Tune garage in mount Austin area. He plays with a lot of classic cars, he might have a few DCNF parts lying around also...
Dwayne dam faraway man.. haha, but his work is really top notch man.

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
sure man, but just because you asked nicely.

Sometimes it is just annoying to see newbies-people who literally knows nothing trying to learn, in the end what they get is vague and general answers which mislead him as well as inaccurate information or some butt feeling from some "senior members". Being a senior member, should've act as what a senior member should be and not mislead new comers with vague information or his ideology. i believe our dear forumner here LittleWhiteWagon already pointed out enough points to underline what are the issues.

I am not axing anyone here, just a friendly reminder to say what you know and dont be shy to learn. In the end, that's what a forum for.
Its very nice of you guys to join this forum today and immediately set the record straight. How nice and thoughtful.

firezy

Aug 28, 2004
u fellas from JB? R tune Mt Austin.

ok when I got time will pop up and see wat they got.

thanks.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,

I'm driving the Saga BLM (A) 2010. Currently suffering powerless braking problem. Let me elaborate more on this matter.

When new car the brake feels ok but not really too good. After bout 9months feeling that the ORI pad cannot stand for high heat so decided change to Bendix Titanium. After change to Bendix Titanium, cool brake feel nothing while pedal have been fully pressed. For the Bendix Titanium i believe it can withstand for higher temp but too bad its fail me too...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience