Honda Malaysia: Buy New Civic-R and win a trip to Japanese F1 GP Suzuka

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
How about parts that money can't buy? That would stir up sales.. a race team only rear wing... not for public sale.... yup, that would make the hardcore snap up the car even faster.

And considering the CTR is different from normal Civic, no risk of it getting stolen by Civic who wanna convert to Tipu-R
I highly agree on this. Some exclusive Mugen or Modulo parts would be a good attraction.

Well, for now the FK8's body style is exclusive over here unless Honda Malaysia decides to bring in the normal Civic hatchback for sale.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Surely a great fun car to drive but the horrendous rice boyish style just turns me off completely. A45 anytime any day over this.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Surely a great fun car to drive but the horrendous rice boyish style just turns me off completely. A45 anytime any day over this.
beauty lies in the eye of the beholder
I'm on the other side of the fence actually, and I quite fancy the look of the new R to be honest
I think Honda did great by pushing the envelope to make this radical design a reality

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
beauty lies in the eye of the beholder
I'm on the other side of the fence actually, and I quite fancy the look of the new R to be honest
I think Honda did great by pushing the envelope to make this radical design a reality
This I agree. I personally don't like the styling of this CTR, I like the FD2R. BUT if i were to buy the FD2R i wouldn't be too happy with all the Tipu-R running around.

The styling is bold and fresh, and something radically different. This is a toy, and for a toy, you wan't something out of this world and not conform to the norm.

The current Impreza STI, you can remove the Subaru logo in the front, put on a Toyota or Mitsubishi badge and nobody would bat an eyelid. I find the V7 bug eye more iconic than the current one, tho the current one looks more "mass market". Not saying its ugly but nothing special.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Well to me it just has too many fake holes and stuff, just way too busy design. Maybe what you guys call "Ah Beng" styling? :lol: I'm ok with different aggressive styling but to me this just went way overboard. I guess like what bro VR2 has indicated, I may have passed the age group for that kind of stuff. :lol:

Reactions: vr2turbo

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Well to me it just has too many fake holes and stuff, just way too busy design. Maybe what you guys call "Ah Beng" styling? :lol: I'm ok with different aggressive styling but to me this just went way overboard. I guess like what bro VR2 has indicated, I may have passed the age group for that kind of stuff. :lol:
Hard to say. After you’ve driven it maybe you’ll feel different.

Reactions: vr2turbo

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hard to say. After you’ve driven it maybe you’ll feel different.
Well as I said I'm sure it's a great fun car to drive but I really doubt it will change the way I feel about the styling. I very seldom change my mind on those sort of things. There are many great cars that I still never like to see or own no matter what.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Well as I said I'm sure it's a great fun car to drive but I really doubt it will change the way I feel about the styling. I very seldom change my mind on those sort of things. There are many great cars that I still never like to see or own no matter what.
The reason why I say you feel different driving it... is because from the INSIDE you won’t see it’s styling. LOL

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The reason why I say you feel different driving it... is because from the INSIDE you won’t see it’s styling. LOL
Hahaha well yeah but I'd already see it from the outside first before getting into the car and since I already see it as ugly, that thought will never disappear. Exterior look is very important criteria for me when buying a car coz I'd have to see it everyday. If it's a sore to my eyes then that's it, no chance no matter how good the car is. It needs to have the best balance between performance and looks, and I'm willing to compromise a bit on the performance rather than taking a car which is the best performing but too ugly to see.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If practice so far is anything to go by, the high tyre degradation being experienced at Sepang by the Formula one teams will turn this Sunday’s Malaysian Grand Prix into a highly tactical affair that will see the best strategy to conserve tyres bring about a victor.

The high track temperatures and abrasive surface of the Sepang International...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience