Best tyre in 2018 from Tyre Reviews UK

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Continental CPC5 seldom see at tyre shops and Michelin Primacy 4 not in MY yet. Not bad, Falken FK510 recommended and I use the FK452 before, quite good....

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yes even they put CPC5 in the Malaysian website, but in reality they don't seem to really bring in but instead just keep offering MC5. Primacy 4 & FK510 also are not yet available here. I'm really curious to try the FK510 actually.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes even they put CPC5 in the Malaysian website, but in reality they don't seem to really bring in but instead just keep offering MC5. Primacy 4 & FK510 also are not yet available here. I'm really curious to try the FK510 actually.
MC5 they don't push also got sales dy, many cars are fitted as OEM tyres as many owners usually go back to OEM tyres.....lol
MC6 they are pushing but many friends using smaller sizes which they don't have in this model.
If CPC5 hard to come by, CPC6 no need look out for it already.....:banghead:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The problem with MC6 is that the tire is made available for Malaysian market only hence no comparison reviews in the global market. So got not much idea how it stacks up against PS4 & the likes, while CPC6 can be compared globally. I personally would not just trust Continental Malaysia claiming that MC6 is as good as PS4 if there's no neutral trustworthy comparison done hence MC6 is not yet in my list to try.

Next tire change I'll be on the look out for the FK510, hopefully by then it's already available/easier to find. It's a pity if they don't bring in this model to Malaysia. Otherwise I'd get the Hankooks, either V12E2 or S1E2. That is if I got no budget for the PS4. I also hope the PS4S will later be available in 18' so maybe I straight away just get that one if I got budget instead of the PS4.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The problem with MC6 is that the tire is made available for Malaysian market only hence no comparison reviews in the global market. So got not much idea how it stacks up against PS4 & the likes, while CPC6 can be compared globally. I personally would not just trust Continental Malaysia claiming that MC6 is as good as PS4 if there's no neutral trustworthy comparison done hence MC6 is not yet in my list to try.

Next tire change I'll be on the look out for the FK510, hopefully by then it's already available/easier to find. It's a pity if they don't bring in this model to Malaysia. Otherwise I'd get the Hankooks, either V12E2 or S1E2. That is if I got no budget for the PS4. I also hope the PS4S will later be available in 18' so maybe I straight away just get that one if I got budget instead of the PS4.
MC6 are in UK, so far 1 review only and not good in wet, got to wait for others to try.....lol
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Continental/ContiMaxContact-MC6.htm

I doubt PS4S will come in smaller sizes, they have PS4 for that. More over PSS the tyre they replace did not have small size too. Reserve for Super cars. Anyway, in the video he mention very slight difference only against PS4, I think only the cost is in your way.....lol

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I wouldn't bother about the Primacy 4 since its not gonna be cheap. The FK510 would be damn interesting. But you are right, can't find it here in Malaysia. Under-steery according to the review, not a problem on a RWD car. And I suppose if the price is 20% cheaper than the PS4, can definitely consider.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
MC6 are in UK, so far 1 review only and not good in wet, got to wait for others to try.....lol
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Continental/ContiMaxContact-MC6.htm

I doubt PS4S will come in smaller sizes, they have PS4 for that. More over PSS the tyre they replace did not have small size too. Reserve for Super cars. Anyway, in the video he mention very slight difference only against PS4, I think only the cost is in your way.....lol
That is not review by professional/reputable media so I'm taking those with a pinch of salt.

PSS is available in 18' so I hope PS4S will eventually also come in 18' here. In Michelin Europe, it already has plenty of sizes down to 17! He said he will review PS4 vs PS4S, but I suspect the difference is more on the construction where PS4S maybe slightly stiffer/stronger, but we'll see. Anyway PS4 should be bloody good already.

I wouldn't bother about the Primacy 4 since its not gonna be cheap. The FK510 would be damn interesting. But you are right, can't find it here in Malaysia. Under-steery according to the review, not a problem on a RWD car. And I suppose if the price is 20% cheaper than the PS4, can definitely consider.
Yes, I'm also not interested on the Primacy 4 coz most likely you can get Hankook V12E2 which is UHP level for cheaper price!

He said just a little bit under-steery so should not be much of an issue and still very good relative to others. FK510 should be much cheaper than just 20% below the PS4. Last time when PS3 was around rm550 for my 225/50/17, the FK453 was only around rm350 so around 35% cheaper! Maybe the pricing should be similar to the Hankook V12E2.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That is not review by professional/reputable media so I'm taking those with a pinch of salt.
I still take real world users reviews but not from one or two. Best is many users reviews then average out their comments. If mostly good can consider, even if 50/50 I won't bother.....lol

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I still take real world users reviews but not from one or two. Best is many users reviews then average out their comments. If mostly good can consider, even if 50/50 I won't bother.....lol
I don't bother reading random people reviews coz I don't know how good they drive and how much they push the tires, and most of them don't. If you take those random reviews and their average stats, even crap tires might come out on the better side due to sheer volume of people simply preferring to buy as cheap as possible and trying to justify their purchase! There's no reliable direct comparison as well. Furthermore, just too many to read if got a lot!

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I don't bother reading random people reviews coz I don't know how good they drive and how much they push the tires, and most of them don't. If you take those random reviews and their average stats, even crap tires might come out on the better side due to sheer volume of people simply preferring to buy as cheap as possible and trying to justify their purchase! There's no reliable direct comparison as well. Furthermore, just too many to read if got a lot!
Professional test only when tyres are new. Real world users review until they are bald. When Autoworld forum was popular time, which I was in most of the time those days, members feedback were pretty accurate. Good results for Falken ZE-912 and when they change the compound, reviews changed. There were also not good reviews on the NCT5 and so on.....lol

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Professional test only when tyres are new. Real world users review until they are bald. When Autoworld forum was popular time, which I was in most of the time those days, members feedback were pretty accurate. Good results for Falken ZE-912 and when they change the compound, reviews changed. There were also not good reviews on the NCT5 and so on.....lol
Reviewing until they're bald is more about durability and noise level which I'm not so concern about. I'd just rely more on the tread wear rating to judge more or less how long they'd last. Noise, I don't even care. I just assume tires if new are good or winning many comparison tests, then they should be relatively better too during their lifetime in terms of performance. There was an article by Michelin also posted in that Tyre Review UK website stating that good performance tires even already <50% left are in general still better than relatively new but low end tires.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That depends, if onto UHP tyres then yes. For me I am is all tyres since many ask for recommendation even in entry levels, that is why I need all reviews. For example GY NCT5 does perform well when new, but their sipes are very shallow. Even after 20% wear (where most at least last up to 40 to 50%) the wet performance deteriorate since the shallow sipes starts to disappear....lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi otai2 / king2.

My Case
I have one humble Wira SE (1.5 Auto) and I’m keen to do a GSR 4G93T halfcut swap from Japan stock. Currently, I have a new Myvi D20N-Advance (2018) as my daily ride. Though, I plan to pass this car down to my future wife for her commute to work to replace her Altis 1.8G 2009. I’m working in Klang as a HR Manager with gross income of 7k monthly with the Myvi loan only (no house commitment but soon in 2020). The reason for the swap is because of the car...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience