Honda Malaysia: Buy New Civic-R and win a trip to Japanese F1 GP Suzuka

Zerogram

Press & Release
Helmet Clan
Mar 1, 2018
Kuala Lumpur
Honda Malaysia: Buy New Civic-R and win a trip to Japanese F1 GP Suzuka

Honda Malaysia's just announced a campaign aimed at rewarding customers who purchase and register their All-New Civic Type R between April 2018 and June 2018 where they will stand a chance to win an exclusive trip worth up to RM30,000 to Japan to experience the iconic 2018 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix at Suzuka Circuit in October.

Campaign Details

• The ‘Sprint to the Suzuka Circuit’ campaign will take place over a period of 3 months, from April 2018 to June 2018.
  • Customers who purchase and register an All-New Civic Type R during the campaign period will need to fill up a form and answer 2 short questions at any of Honda’s 20 Sport Dealers* to be in the running to win the exclusive trip to Japan.
  • 10 exclusive winners will be selected based on the creativity of their answers to the 2 short questions.
  • The 10 exclusive winners will each receive 2 Business Class flight tickets, 2 tickets to watch the 2018 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix, 5 days 4 nights of accommodation in Japan and 2 official Honda merchandise, all worth up to RM30,000.
  • Customers can visit any of Honda’s 20 Sport Dealers* to place a booking for the All-New Civic Type R during the exclusive ‘Sprint to the Suzuka Circuit’ campaign to be in the running for the trip to Japan.
  • For more information call Honda at 1-800-88-2020 or visit www.honda.com.my

http://www.zerotohundred.com/2017/2018-civic-type-r-depth-detail-first-impressions/
2018 HONDA CIVIC TYPE R (FK8R) SPECIFICATIONS

Engine: 2L Turbo 4 cylinder
Power: 310hp
Torque: 400nm
Zerotohundred: 5.7 seconds
Top Speed: 272km/h
Transmission: 6 speed manual
Weight: 1,380kg
Price: RM320K
Continue reading the Post.

Last edited by a moderator:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
To be honest, for those who can fork out RM320k to buy this Civic Type R, he or she can afford a trip to Japan anytime that they want. In a way, this contest is just giving more to those who don't really need more instead of giving it to those who will really appreciate it but can't afford it.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
To be honest, for those who can fork out RM320k to buy this Civic Type R, he or she can afford a trip to Japan anytime that they want. In a way, this contest is just giving more to those who don't really need more instead of giving it to those who will really appreciate it but can't afford it.
In a way, you can look at it as an encouragement to existing potential buyers to make the move to bite the bullet

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Getting to drive a Civic Type R on the Suzuka track with the test driver during the CTR development phase would have been a more suitable prize.

Because people who buy the CTR is hardcore anyway. A guy with RM320k to spend, who is NOT hardcore, would buy a Nissan GTR for its flappy pedals, or a Golf R, or even a Mercedes A45.

Manual is really for the dedicated these days.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
In a way, you can look at it as an encouragement to existing potential buyers to make the move to bite the bullet
To stir up sales. But to encourage such owners, I think 30k worth of performance enhancing parts might even be more effective. :biggrin:

Reactions: Tom

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
To stir up sales. But to encourage such owners, I think 30k worth of performance enhancing parts might even be more effective. :biggrin:
That depends too, all in the marketing. Anyway, trips have been the norm for prizes in many many industries......lol

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
How about parts that money can't buy? That would stir up sales.. a race team only rear wing... not for public sale.... yup, that would make the hardcore snap up the car even faster.

And considering the CTR is different from normal Civic, no risk of it getting stolen by Civic who wanna convert to Tipu-R

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Getting to drive a Civic Type R on the Suzuka track with the test driver during the CTR development phase would have been a more suitable prize. Because people who buy the CTR is hardcore anyway. A guy with RM320k to spend, who is NOT hardcore, would buy a Nissan GTR for its flappy pedals, or a Golf R, or even a Mercedes A45. Manual is really for the dedicated these days.
Now that sounds like a better angle.
To learn how to fully wring the Civic R is tons better than just making a visit to Suzuka and like you said, these hardcore guys would surely appreciate the added skill that'll last a lifetime.

Suzuka would be awesome but Sepang will do just fine

Or a year's worth of trackday could drive a better campaign and potentially generate more revenue via maintenence

Last edited:
Reactions: vr2turbo

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
People still watch F1?
What is there to watch and be amused?

They should make a 'Buy a Honda Cub and watch Moto GP for free at circuit of your choice'.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
That will be good for the bike division......hhahhahahhaha

Buy Civic type R get Honda Cub can?.....lol
definitely, there should be enough margin to do that, although Civic-R owner may not necessarily know how to ride a bike

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
definitely, there should be enough margin to do that, although Civic-R owner may not necessarily know how to ride a bike
Ride bike go to neighborhood store buy small item, no need find parking.....lol

True also, if fact many nowadays just go for driving license no more bike license.....

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Ride bike go to neighborhood store buy small item, no need find parking.....lol

True also, if fact many nowadays just go for driving license no more bike license.....
I am imagining a matching Cub in Championship White :pepsi:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can anyone pls help me, i have done twice top overhall hall...for my vitara 1.6, 8 valve 3 door....when i drive my car just after 1 week after change all...quarter is lost of the black oil...im fustrated...pls help need advice :bawling:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience