Your satria not mivec cannot find bodykit myth

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
Im literally at the edge of crying cause I can’t get any shop to offer me a bodykit for my satria..Almost all the satria I see got good looking and clean bodykit and then there’s my factory built looking car..Is it really true since my satria isn’t mivec so the fitment isn’t correct and I can’t fit those good looking bodykit.
PS:I’m looking for the spotlight’less front bumper without that front compartment of the proton logo. cause my current one has the spotlight at the side and the compartment right under the hood where the proton logo sits
Hold up I’ll get a picture and post it

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
just saying, technically no satria ever originally came with mivec... so im not sure what you mean your satria isnt mivec. There were several variants of front ends and not all were compatible with each other.

im guessing, you like the kits which were designed to pair up with the mivec lancer front end. those variants had a diferent hood which iirc is rather difficult to find now (headlights, not sure if the same or not, been so long since i researched this)

its alot more useful if you upload pictures of the bodykit you want....

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
just saying, technically no satria ever originally came with mivec... so im not sure what you mean your satria isnt mivec. There were several variants of front ends and not all were compatible with each other.

im guessing, you like the kits which were designed to pair up with the mivec lancer front end. those variants had a diferent hood which iirc is rather difficult to find now (headlights, not sure if the same or not, been so long since i researched this)

its alot more useful if you upload pictures of the bodykit you want....
Okay okay the situation is like this..All the shop that I confronted about the bodykit,they keep telling me that my satria is a 1.3 and that the fitment is wrong and the car isn’t mivec which I don’t understand either what they mean by “not mivec”(isn’t that the engine??).So i figured to get some opinions here about this mivec thingy

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
First of all credits to Satriagasm on instagram and the respected photographers..
So basically theses are the two bumpers I’m looking for currently.No idea where to find em or wether or not this “mivec” issue is really a thing?
I’m saying about this mivec thing once again is because all the accessories shop I went around asking kept on telling me about my car being a 1.3 non mivec which means the kit won’t fit..I mean yes it’s a 1.3 and not have a mivec engine but why does that contribute to the fact that the kit can’t fit on my car?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
The front bumper I’m looking for is somewhat like this,obviously without the intercooler and the extra cutting to make the intercooler fit..
alright! now we are getting somewhere. i believe thats the 'cyborg' front end. You have to look for a halfcut shop with the parts 1st (or join online groups, there's bound to be someone selling it for a pretty penny)
do note:
1)you will require at least the latch, hood and bumper
2)quite expensive. (afaik prices for just the hood and bumper alone have easily pass the 1k mark)
3)not completely legal (tho i dont see jpj stopping them as often nowadays)

**should mention, IF you reallyreally wanted any sort of kit, they can be customized to fit, its always down to the question of effort and $. Some places dont want to cut and customize a fiber kit, they only bolt on.

Last edited:

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
alright! now we are getting somewhere. i believe thats the 'cyborg' front end. You have to look for a halfcut shop with the parts 1st (or join online groups, there's bound to be someone selling it for a pretty penny)
do note:
1)you will require at least the latch, hood and bumper
2)quite expensive. (afaik prices for just the hood and bumper alone have easily pass the 1k mark)
3)not completely legal (tho i dont see jpj stopping them as often nowadays)

**should mention, IF you reallyreally wanted any sort of kit, they can be customized to fit, its always down to the question of effort and $. Some places dont want to cut and customize a fiber kit, they only bolt on.
Alright thanks for the info man
Finally you cleared my mind..Money wise looks like I’m clear cause I saved 2k ady for me car..Right now I need to find latch,hood and the bumper since you say that I have to change all of em at once..Will keep y’all updated if I find the parts and decide to start the project
Cheers everyone

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
More difficult to find parts could be because less on the road already, and especially less people mod them nowadays.....

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
The front bumper I’m looking for is somewhat like this,obviously without the intercooler and the extra cutting to make the intercooler fit..
I'm a little confuse, you couldn't find original Japan parts or Japan fiber or Malaysia parts ? The photo is mivec hood with mivec small lamp. If you are from MYR, plenty in mudah, facebook group.

Reactions: sanekit

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Finally you cleared my mind..Money wise looks like I’m clear cause I saved 2k ady for me car..Right now I need to find latch,hood and the bumper since you say that I have to change all of em at once..Will keep y’all updated if I find the parts and decide to start the project
Cheers everyone
Cheers everyone
double check with the bodyshops, they will know exactly what needs to be changed....

and like the 2 above mention, fb groups and mudah, you can find it long as you are willing to part with such large sums... keep in mind, you need to repaint the parts as well... all in you will end up spending quite abit

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Can I ask how old you are? If you're young you need to understand something :

- Shops will con you if given the chance or if they are lazy
- You need to do research on the things you want. Don't always expect spoon feeding
- Satria / Wira share a lot of PNP body parts. Wira bodykits are aplenty, so to say Satrias bodykits are rare is not true

With that out of the way, skip that bodykit shop that keeps telling you that your car isn't Mivec so no bodykit. Either they are too lazy to do your car or you misunderstood them. If you're gonna fit Cyborg body parts like hood and all, you need to understand that the shape is not exactly to the dimensions of your Satria so things like the fenders, the hood latch, headlights and bumper all need be looked at if you want PNP. If you don't mind minor modification then perhaps you could fit a Mivec hood on but anything that's customized will need special attention most of the time such as the hood latch suddenly popping up given enough force (like going too fast etc)

Satria/Wira is one of the most customized cars in M'sia and there are plenty of mods out there with some even transplanting Evo bodyparts onto their cars. To say that bodykits are rare is just impossible.

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
I'm a little confuse, you couldn't find original Japan parts or Japan fiber or Malaysia parts ? The photo is mivec hood with mivec small lamp. If you are from MYR, plenty in mudah, facebook group.
the part is available,but the shop is telling me that the parts wont fit my car,which is what i dont understand