All-New 2018 Subaru XV now in Malaysia + First Impressions!

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Does look like Subaru is playing catch up, probably busy developing their recent global platform and such. Let's see what's in store in 2018

I'll be attending Subaru's Eyesight launch in SG next month, pretty excited to see what's different. I also heard the system is developed in-house so let's see what improvements were made for SG/MY. I am also wondering if the system will be implemented in the outgoing XVs that was just launched here
Honestly, Subaru has been “around” but never seemed serious about selling cars here. Still positioned as a niche product.

Look at Mazda’s turnaround under Bermaz. Subaru cars are in no way inferior to its peers. It’s really sad. The Levorg is such and great package. If it’s priced among it’s peers like how it’s like in other markets, is an extremely compelling buy.

The XV sold quite well but still, the full spec looks like a premium spec Myvi. So it’s not a problem with the product.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Honestly, Subaru has been “around” but never seemed serious about selling cars here. Still positioned as a niche product.

Look at Mazda’s turnaround under Bermaz. Subaru cars are in no way inferior to its peers. It’s really sad. The Levorg is such and great package. If it’s priced among it’s peers like how it’s like in other markets, is an extremely compelling buy.

The XV sold quite well but still, the full spec looks like a premium spec Myvi. So it’s not a problem with the product.
All the while they bring in as CBU, how to sell? At least now XV and Forester are CKD and prices are more affordable and competitive....:driver:

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
All the while they bring in as CBU, how to sell? At least now XV and Forester are CKD and prices are more affordable and competitive....:driver:
Distributor problem. If they don’t have money to tool a factory to CKD, give up the distributorship. But as I know, MI holds it for a few countries, not just Malaysia. Subaru Japan must have signed a silly agreement, or Subaru Japan don’t really care about this region.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Distributor problem. If they don’t have money to tool a factory to CKD, give up the distributorship. But as I know, MI holds it for a few countries, not just Malaysia. Subaru Japan must have signed a silly agreement, or Subaru Japan don’t really care about this region.
Yah! that part we don't know. Only recently since last year they started to drop the forester CKD price can see that model being sold......lol:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone know where to find this kit?

That including the Gearbox,Rear axle and drive shaft ~

Thanks =)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience