Discussion On Your Daily Ride

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Now I get it. It is a good thing then.

Drive Porsche 911 also can but if I am not mistaken, Porsche has always been calling their 911 as sports car, never a supercar although they are already at supercar levels.

The new Myvi with the small quarter window behind the rear doors really makes it look like Jazz/Fit kind of styling.

Yeah, quite good. I never said Malaysia is bad unlike most of my similarly aged friends. :banghead:
Yup, some supercars/sport coupes surely can be daily driven but for the best practicality those super sedans are unbeatable coz you really get the best of both worlds, comfort and space of a family sedan yet blistering super cars performance with a bit more low profile look (a wolf in sheep's clothing). That's why if I have to only choose 1 car to own and drive every day, it will be one of those super sedans, not a 2 door supercars/sports cars.

You don't need to apply for the international license?:driver:
Nope, no need. As I said above, many countries licenses are already accepted to drive here as well. :driver:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
My boss did that & only last 6 months....sold his F430 & bought a Cayenne instead for daily ride...too much backpain he said :rofl:
Recommend him a Bentley Continental GT. 6L Turbo. 0-100 in 3.6 seconds. And it’s a magic carpet limousine.

Just as fast as a Ferrari, way more comfortable.

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Recommend him a Bentley Continental GT. 6L Turbo. 0-100 in 3.6 seconds. And it’s a magic carpet limousine.

Just as fast as a Ferrari, way more comfortable.
Driving Ferrari just to get girls....once mission accomplished, change to new Cayenne for family planning :rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yup, some supercars/sport coupes surely can be daily driven but for the best practicality those super sedans are unbeatable coz you really get the best of both worlds, comfort and space of a family sedan yet blistering super cars performance with a bit more low profile look (a wolf in sheep's clothing). That's why if I have to only choose 1 car to own and drive every day, it will be one of those super sedans, not a 2 door supercars/sports cars.

Nope, no need. As I said above, many countries licenses are already accepted to drive here as well. :driver:
Agree with you. Sedans from AMG, BMW M, Audi RS are usually the choice here provided that fuel consumption is not a problem.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Agree with you. Sedans from AMG, BMW M, Audi RS are usually the choice here provided that fuel consumption is not a problem.
When you are already able to own those cars, you would be well enough not to care whatsoever about fuel! Even owning the much cheaper Evos or the likes already should not care much about FC already. If still care about fuel then can only own typical family sedan like mine! :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
When you are already able to own those cars, you would be well enough not to care whatsoever about fuel! Even owning the much cheaper Evos or the likes already should not care much about FC already. If still care about fuel then can only own typical family sedan like mine! :biggrin:
Yah! the new family sedan......lol:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I think yours also heavy on fuel consumption. V6 2.5. :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Nope, not really coz I can still easily get 10-11km/ltr real average for combined city/highway driving using ron95. If very smooth driving on highway, can get better than 12km/ltr.
That is about the same kind of FC for my Wira. Considering your engine is larger than mine by 1 litre, that is quite good already. For its category, FC is good but compared to many other cars out there, FC is not that low.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
That is about the same kind of FC for my Wira. Considering your engine is larger than mine by 1 litre, that is quite good already. For its category, FC is good but compared to many other cars out there, FC is not that low.
Well it's surely not the best FC but decent, reasonable for its size and performance for a daily driver. It's matching if not bettering my wife's 1.6ltr Livina also. However many in our club are complaining of much worse though so not sure how they drive or how are their cars condition. Then there are a few who might do even better than mine who had shown they were able to break the 900km on full highway in a single tank (full tank capacity is 70ltrs) but driving at a very patient 100-110kph only (which I'm just too impatient to do!).

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Well it's surely not the best FC but decent, reasonable for its size and performance for a daily driver. It's matching if not bettering my wife's 1.6ltr Livina also. However many in our club are complaining of much worse though so not sure how they drive or how are their cars condition. Then there are a few who might do even better than mine who had shown they were able to break the 900km on full highway in a single tank (full tank capacity is 70ltrs) but driving at a very patient 100-110kph only (which I'm just too impatient to do!).
Din't expect Livina is that bad on FC too.

Maybe the other members are flooring most of the time.

Actually with your kind of figures, I'll say your car works well enough as a daily car without breaking a hole on your pocket. I guess from now on, I can't really judge a car's FC based on their cylinder and displacement figure.

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Din't expect Livina is that bad on FC too.

Maybe the other members are flooring most of the time.

Actually with your kind of figures, I'll say your car works well enough as a daily car without breaking a hole on your pocket. I guess from now on, I can't really judge a car's FC based on their cylinder and displacement figure.
That is a common misconception. Cars with bigger CC usually have more torque and can be geared lower hence having lower shift points and cruising rpm. I was on holiday in australia in March this year, and we rented a 2010 Ford falcon with a 4000cc inline 6.
at 110 kmh speed limit, the rpm was 1800. I was impressed with the fuel economy of that car, and this experience forever changed my perception of large cc cars.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That is a common misconception. Cars with bigger CC usually have more torque and can be geared lower hence having lower shift points and cruising rpm. I was on holiday in australia in March this year, and we rented a 2010 Ford falcon with a 4000cc inline 6.
at 110 kmh speed limit, the rpm was 1800. I was impressed with the fuel economy of that car, and this experience forever changed my perception of large cc cars.
Yup, like the older wira 1.3 and 1.5AT, my friend bought the 1.3 thinking the smaller capacity will give better FC, but in the end the 1.5 FC was better. 1.3 was under powered.....lol

That is why many going CVT. My forester runs around the rpm range too.....:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear guys,

Apologies if there is already a thread on this..but out of curiosity as the titles goes..:adore:

Am currently using a 2.3 inch diametre piping from the extractor straight out towards the muffler with no bullet..and have been using this setup for the past 2 years..but i noticed there's a slight decline in throttle response compared to a 2 inch piping setup that i used to have earlier...

Is it normal?..or is my current diameter is too big?..some of my colleague with similar...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience