2017 CRV out now, gets VTEC Turbo & Autonomous driving features!

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
autonomous! Fark this shit! Kill it before it reproduces!

And I'm with Ixeo. Fugly. I've never seen a pretty CRV.

Tom : Does this car have that unnecessary auto-light system found in the BRV? Where you can't disable the automatic lights and it switches on and off and on and off every time you drive through a tunnel? And eventually burns out the sensors or the Xenon bulbs?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Tom : Does this car have that unnecessary auto-light system found in the BRV? Where you can't disable the automatic lights and it switches on and off and on and off every time you drive through a tunnel? And eventually burns out the sensors or the Xenon bulbs?
Did not know the auto light of the BRV cannot be off?:confused:

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
The auto light kinda little problem coz we cannot switch it off (CRV 2016)
It will be annoying when u parked at basement and wait in the car.
Other passer by will stop & thinking that you want to leave.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

Still super bulky and non aerodynamic.....lol:rofl:
Having seen the CR-V in real life and also one on the road a couple days ago, I do think it looks pretty good actually. Like the Alphard / Veilfire of SUVs if I may say so. Does look like quite a jump from its predecessor in almost every aspect.

The auto light kinda little problem coz we cannot switch it off (CRV 2016)
It will be annoying when u parked at basement and wait in the car.
Other passer by will stop & thinking that you want to leave.
interesting, I haven't an idea if they eventually made the auto lights switchable, let me ask

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Actually that means cannot off dy. What Izso mentioned was going under bridge or in tunnel it come on, then back out it turns off. But I don't mind actually, my wife's forester is set on anyway.......hahhahhaha

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Actually that means cannot off dy. What Izso mentioned was going under bridge or in tunnel it come on, then back out it turns off. But I don't mind actually, my wife's forester is set on anyway.......hahhahhaha
i see, i was also referring to pangyau's post on the lights being permanently on even in the car parks. So this should help

in any case, i doubt the on-off action in the tunnel will break the lights or the sensors that quickly.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I think those features should have on and off for owner to decide whether want auto or not......lol:rofl:
Agreed. I get to decide if I want to be an idiot and drive around in the dark without lights on. Having free will means being able to do stupid shit to endanger myself and others on the road.

This car just takes that freedom away from me. Next thing you know the AI controlling my car will insist that I go to the McDonald's drive thru nearby instead of the one that is an hour away, and because of this I can no longer check out that cute babe at the further McD.