Perdana EVO 3 - Hard to start

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
hard to start usually is regulator problem....

but in my experience the real indicator of fuel pump problem is "loosing fuel pressure" on long run/driving...

since i've change the fuel pump with the turbine style pump...my fuel pressure have been pretty solid no matter how long the drive is...

the problem is common in gerotor type of fuel pump because of material which is metal and tight tolerance inside it....

especially with avs which is using same design as walbro...
Reading the post on your fuel pump, mine had problem initially after transplant. Fuel pump completely do not pump so no fuel, car die off. Can happen anytime. Mechanic took out test is running, fit back and it works, but after few days will stop. So mechanic changed it but after a few weeks same problem, but take out direct test it works. Finally meet an ECU expert he mention is ECU problem. After that change ECU now use 15 yeas dy......lol:driver:

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Reading the post on your fuel pump, mine had problem initially after transplant. Fuel pump completely do not pump so no fuel, car die off. Can happen anytime. Mechanic took out test is running, fit back and it works, but after few days will stop. So mechanic changed it but after a few weeks same problem, but take out direct test it works. Finally meet an ECU expert he mention is ECU problem. After that change ECU now use 15 yeas dy......lol:driver:
I also kena before lol ,car cannot start after changing fuel pump end up knowing its ECU caps leaking.

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Any chance is the starter or alternator issue ? Thx

pac_jb

Known Member
Feb 28, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
This problem is resolved now, I am to blame for this, the problem is I set fuel pressure while the engine is still cold, after few phone calls, I came to know, you have to set the pressure Abit higher when you set while the engine not fully warmed up, after the engine fully warmed up it seems the pressure will drop Abit, so I adjusted the frp after engine fully warmed up and issue resolved

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
hard to start usually is regulator problem....

but in my experience the real indicator of fuel pump problem is "loosing fuel pressure" on long run/driving...

since i've change the fuel pump with the turbine style pump...my fuel pressure have been pretty solid no matter how long the drive is...

the problem is common in gerotor type of fuel pump because of material which is metal and tight tolerance inside it....

especially with avs which is using same design as walbro...

just look up in mudah.my....i would say its quite cheap because not ori....

if want ori pump probably still roughly around the same price as DW pump
do you have any suggestion for fuel pump other than aeromotive?from the look of it at mudah.my, cant find any nearby in kl/selangor area.:adore:

looks like from the diagram i can peek into the pump to see whether it is metal rotor or turbine propeller.?

no issue on cranking engine..Just keep on Having lean on idle around 16 afr avrge, from cold start, and its affecting the whole rpm range..last time seldom get this figure, now quite frequent, be it cold start or after long journey.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
do you have any suggestion for fuel pump other than aeromotive?from the look of it at mudah.my, cant find any nearby in kl/selangor area.:adore:

looks like from the diagram i can peek into the pump to see whether it is metal rotor or turbine propeller.?

no issue on cranking engine..Just keep on Having lean on idle around 16 afr avrge, from cold start, and its affecting the whole rpm range..last time seldom get this figure, now quite frequent, be it cold start or after long journey.
dw a.k.a deastch-werk pump and injector works great also

yes u can peek inside through the bottom hole to see the pump type...turbine type u will see something like turbo fan blade.....

gerotor type u will see shiny metal pump like oilpump rotor shape

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
dw a.k.a deastch-werk pump and injector works great also

yes u can peek inside through the bottom hole to see the pump type...turbine type u will see something like turbo fan blade.....

gerotor type u will see shiny metal pump like oilpump rotor shape
nice..thx..appreciate it :smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Anyone
Im New Here
Now I Want To Lowered My Car
So I Got To Change My Spring Or Absorber ?
Do Absorber And Spring Play The Same Role Of Lowered Down The Car?
Thx For Answering My Question..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience