Budget tyres - Dayton, Landsail, Sportiva, Thunder, etc

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
my lowest budget tyre price selection will be indonesian tyre...achilles/forceum/accelera...wont go any lower to unknown brand especially china brand

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
my lowest budget tyre price selection will be indonesian tyre...achilles/forceum/accelera...wont go any lower to unknown brand especially china brand
In UK Tyre review, they class tyres under Premium, Mid Range, Economy and Budget.
GT Radial are the only Indonesian tyres class in Mid range together with Yoko, Toyo, Falken, Maxxis, Nexen, Hankook and Kumho.

Achilles is not bad as they are class as Economy tyres with Dayton Federal, Nitto, Nankang, Viking but I do see some China tyres in this category like Landsail, Zeetex, Zeta

However your Accelera and Forceum are class as budget tyres together with many China brand tyres like Jinyu, HiFly, Linglong, Wanli, Westlake, Rockstone, Sailun, Triangle and so on....:smokin:

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Yup for cars & its made in China...they got size for 265/30/19 :rofl:
My mistake further research it was suppose to be Kinforest brand Not Forest King :biggrin:

But still avoid any China tires no matter what their name...

How bout Nexen? I found it crap....only 1 year++ already torn sidewall, uneven bulge on tire surface & grip not that good...but thats my personal experience on N8000 might be differ from others :biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
In UK Tyre review, they class tyres under Premium, Mid Range, Economy and Budget.
GT Radial are the only Indonesian tyres class in Mid range together with Yoko, Toyo, Falken, Maxxis, Nexen, Hankook and Kumho.

Achilles is not bad as they are class as Economy tyres with Dayton Federal, Nitto, Nankang, Viking but I do see some China tyres in this category like Landsail, Zeetex, Zeta

However your Accelera and Forceum are class as budget tyres together with many China brand tyres like Jinyu, HiFly, Linglong, Wanli, Westlake, Rockstone, Sailun, Triangle and so on....:smokin:
For me I'd stop at GT Radial or Falken, would not go lower than that. I'd not even try Nexen or Kumho.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My mistake further research it was suppose to be Kinforest brand Not Forest King :biggrin:

But still avoid any China tires no matter what their name...

How bout Nexen? I found it crap....only 1 year++ already torn sidewall, uneven bulge on tire surface & grip not that good...but thats my personal experience on N8000 might be differ from others :biggrin:
Ah! Kinforest I heard before, but Forest King under Nokian brand are those crane/Tractor tyres......lol

The N8000 grip is not bad but did hear some mention sidewall bulge after a year or so and not so lasting.
As for Good Indon tyres like GT Radial, problem is the rubber compound hardens faster then other premium brands, of course if can finish off by 3 years, go ahead and use, because after that it starts to harden. Most other premium brands starts to harden after 4 years.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

atleast because indonesia got better supply of rubber....

in china i sked get plastic tyre with less steel belt

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
atleast because indonesia got better supply of rubber....

in china i sked get plastic tyre with less steel belt
The good thing about Indonesia is that it has a harsher driving environment than here where the roads are rougher, more potholes and bumps etc2. Hence logically if tires made in Indonesia can withstand such harsh driving environment, then it should also last here in Malaysia.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yes, Hankook I'm willing to try for their top end models. I'm actually considering the S1 Evo 2 as one of my options for next change.
Nahhh.. forget that. Go straight for the RS3 man. It's a tyre on a completely different level and even in the rain it's pretty decent. Not as good as the Michelin PS3/4 but for an extreme performance tyre it's pretty damn good. And RS3 dry grip is insane.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Nahhh.. forget that. Go straight for the RS3 man. It's a tyre on a completely different level and even in the rain it's pretty decent. Not as good as the Michelin PS3/4 but for an extreme performance tyre it's pretty damn good. And RS3 dry grip is insane.
That one similar to AD08R. I was interested but like the AD08R, no size 225/50/17 for my front! Unless I use 235/45/17 instead...:hmmmm:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
RS3 is extreme category sure dry grip is insane. KC change to new set already, then I saw and told him about RS-4 :smokin:........:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello Friends

How to get waja Auto Flip Side Mirror with LED Signal?
If you have info, please inform me..

Regards
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience