Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

Performance is not a gimmick in Honda's newly arrived Jazz Sport Hybrid. This time, they've even included their latest 7-speed dual clutch box which is integrated with a more compact electric motor at 30ps / 160nm. This hybrid system is now twice as powerful compared to its predecessor and when combined with its petrol 1.5L I-VTEC engine, makes a total of 137ps! and yes, it will come with paddle shifters!

<iframe class="instagram-media instagram-media-rendered" id="instagram-embed-0" src="https://www.instagram.com/p/BU-8POQjXr0/embed/captioned/?cr=1&v=7#%7B%22ci%22%3A0%2C%22os%22%3A358.725%7D" allowtransparency="true" data-instgrm-payload-id="instagram-media-payload-0" scrolling="no" style="background: rgb(255, 255, 255) none repeat scroll 0% 0%; border: 1px solid rgb(219, 219, 219); margin: 1px 1px 12px; max-width: 658px; width: calc(100% - 2px); border-radius: 4px; box-shadow: none; display: block; padding: 0px;" height="810" frameborder="0"></iframe> <script async="" defer="" src="//platform.instagram.com/en_US/embeds.js"></script>

Swipe Right to See More Above

I-DCD 7-Speed DCT & Drive Motor

Honda calls it the I-DCD, short for Intelligent Dual-Clutch Drive Hybrid system. This is essentially a combination of drivetrain and electric drive assembly, powered by a lithium-ion battery with 1.5X the energy capacity or 50% more than its previous IMA (Integrated Motor Assist) powered predecessor, as seen in the previous Jazz or Civic Hybrid.

Drive in Full EV Mode

Yes, the Jazz Hybrid can now be driven in full electric mode where applicable. This is finally possitible with its independent positioning and functioning of both its electric motor and engine. Even at standstill in traffic, its air-con continues to blow chilled air, retaining cabin temperatures. This is possible via new motor driven air con compressor which wasn't available back in the IMA hybrid days. Gone are the days of stale air during traffic jams then.

Tried, Tested and Tropicalized

Guess what, Malaysia is the only country outside of Japan to get the Jazz Hybrid, which is known as the Fit Hybrid. With our scorching temperatures, immense humidity and peak hour traffic, it would be imperative that these JDM continue to perform here. That's exactly what the engineers at Honda Malaysia's R&D facility were busy with in the recent 2 years.

They've tested the I-DCD Jazz Hybrid out on real world local roads worth over 7000km, which consists of heavy traffic, windy road and uphill routes. They've not only deemed it feasible here, but have made adjustments to perfect the Jazz Hybrid further to cater to Malaysian needs.

Only the Hybrid Get These

Shift By Wire

Unlike conventional automatics before, there's no longer a shift gate for P,R,D in the Jazz Hybrid's gear shift console. Instead it gets the Shift by Wire which means the knob acts like a joystick, pivoting in place to your desired gear position. Much like today's BMWs or Porsches.

*ignore the Mugen shift knob, refer to the photo above to see how different and compact the Shift by Wire console typically look.

3D Speed Meter Design

The Jazz Hybrid's instrument cluster gets Honda's 3D Speed Meter multi function display which displays various details such as Energy Flow, Sport Meter, Fuel Economy, Drive Info, Customization and Eco Display

Cruise Control

There's also cruise control function in the Jazz Hybrid which should contribute to fuel efficiency.

Prices

• New Jazz Hybrid: RM87,500 (OTR with Insurance)
  • New Jazz Petrol S Variant: RM74,800 (OTR with Insurance)
  • New Jazz Petrol E Variant: RM81,000 (OTR with Insurance)
  • New Jazz Petrol V Variant: RM88,400 (OTR with Insurance)

<iframe class="instagram-media instagram-media-rendered" id="instagram-embed-1" src="https://www.instagram.com/p/BU_JuIjjR-P/embed/captioned/?cr=1&v=7#%7B%22ci%22%3A1%2C%22os%22%3A366.5%7D" allowtransparency="true" data-instgrm-payload-id="instagram-media-payload-1" scrolling="no" style="background: rgb(255, 255, 255) none repeat scroll 0% 0%; border: 1px solid rgb(219, 219, 219); margin: 1px 1px 12px; max-width: 658px; width: calc(100% - 2px); border-radius: 4px; box-shadow: none; display: block; padding: 0px;" height="850" frameborder="0"></iframe> <script async="" defer="" src="//platform.instagram.com/en_US/embeds.js"></script>

Jazz with Mugen Pack

Honda also unveiled the Mugen Jazz Concept Car today, as a sneak preview to the public on what's in store by October this year. The optional Mugen pack will be made available to potential Jazz buyers at RM5,670 which will consist of front, side and rear under spoiler and tailgate spoiler. However, other items you see in below photos that aren't mentioned above may not make it to our market.

Hybrid Shades

The New Jazz Hybrid will be available in these colours:

• Lunar Silver Metallic
  • Modern Steel Metallic
  • White Orchid Pearl

Hybrid Warranty

The new Jazz Hybrid will get a 5 year warranty with unlimited mileage at 10,000km service intervals via 91 authorised Honda dealers. It will also receive a 8 year warranty for its Lithium-Ion battery on top of the standard warranty.

Jazz Specifications

<table id="specification_table"> <tbody> <tr> <th class="specification_title">Models</th> <td class="specification_title" align="center">Honda Jazz 1.5L S</td> <td class="specification_title" align="center">Honda Jazz 1.5L E</td> <td class="specification_title" align="center">Honda Jazz 1.5L V</td> <td class="specification_title" align="center">Honda Jazz 1.5L Hybrid</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="main_subrow" colspan="5" width="15%">Engine</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%">Engine Type</td> <td align="center">4 Cylinders, 16 Valve, SOHC i-VTEC</td> <td align="center">4 Cylinders, 16 Valve, SOHC i-VTEC</td> <td align="center">4 Cylinders, 16 Valve, SOHC i-VTEC</td> <td align="center">4 Cylinders, 16 Valve, DOHC i-VTEC</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%">Fuel Supply System</td> <td align="center">Electronic Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)</td> <td align="center">Electronic Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)</td> <td align="center">Electronic Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)</td> <td align="center">Electronic Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%">Displacement (cc)</td> <td align="center">1497</td> <td align="center">1497</td> <td align="center">1497</td> <td align="center">1496</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%">Maximum Power [PS(kW)@rpm]</td> <td align="center">120(88)@6600</td> <td align="center">120(88)@6600</td> <td align="center">120(88)@6600</td> <td align="center">Engine: 110(81)@6,000
Motor: 30(22)@
1,313 - 2,000</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%">Maximum Torque (Nm[kg-m]@rpm)</td> <td align="center">145(14.8)@4600</td> <td align="center">145(14.8)@4600</td> <td align="center">145(14.8)@4600</td> <td align="center">Engine: 134(13.7)@5,000
Motor: 160(16.3)@
0 - 1,313</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="main_subrow" colspan="5" width="15%">Transmission</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%">Transmission Type</td> <td align="center">Continuous Variable Transmission (CVT)</td> <td align="center">Continuous Variable Transmission (CVT)</td> <td align="center">Continuous Variable Transmission (CVT)</td> <td align="center">7-Speed Dual-Clutch Transmission (7DCT)</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="main_subrow" colspan="5" width="15%">Steering System</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%">Type</td> <td align="center">Electric Power Steering (EPS)</td> <td align="center">Electric Power Steering (EPS)</td> <td align="center">Electric Power Steering (EPS)</td> <td align="center">Electric Power Steering (EPS)</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%">Turning Radius at Body (m)</td> <td align="center">5.4</td> <td align="center">5.4</td> <td align="center">5.4</td> <td align="center">5.26</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="main_subrow" colspan="5" width="15%">Brake System</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%">Front</td> <td align="center">Ventilated Disc</td> <td align="center">Ventilated Disc</td> <td align="center">Ventilated Disc</td> <td align="center">Ventilated Disc</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%">Rear</td> <td align="center">Drum</td> <td align="center">Drum</td> <td align="center">Drum</td> <td align="center">Drum</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="main_subrow" colspan="5" width="15%">Suspension System</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%">Front</td> <td align="center">MacPherson Strut</td> <td align="center">MacPherson Strut</td> <td align="center">MacPherson Strut</td> <td align="center">MacPherson Strut</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%">Rear</td> <td align="center">Torsion Beam</td> <td align="center">Torsion Beam</td> <td align="center">Torsion Beam</td> <td align="center">Torsion Beam</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="main_subrow" colspan="5" width="15%">Dimensions</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%">Overall Length (mm)</td> <td align="center">3989</td> <td align="center">3989</td> <td align="center">3989</td> <td align="center">3989</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%">Overall Width (mm)</td> <td align="center">1694</td> <td align="center">1694</td> <td align="center">1694</td> <td align="center">1694</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%">Overall Height (mm)</td> <td align="center">1668</td> <td align="center">1668</td> <td align="center">1668</td> <td align="center">1668</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%">Wheelbase (mm)</td> <td align="center">2530</td> <td align="center">2530</td> <td align="center">2530</td> <td align="center">2530</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%">Tread Front (mm)</td> <td align="center">1492</td> <td align="center">1492</td> <td align="center">1476</td> <td align="center">1492</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%">Tread Rear (mm)</td> <td align="center">1481</td> <td align="center">1481</td> <td align="center">1466</td> <td align="center">1481</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%">Curb Weight (kg)</td> <td align="center">1079</td> <td align="center">1091</td> <td align="center">1099</td> <td align="center">1158</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%">Ground Clearance (mm)</td> <td align="center">137</td> <td align="center">137</td> <td align="center">137</td> <td align="center">137</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%">Fuel Tank Capacity (Litre)</td> <td align="center">40</td> <td align="center">40</td> <td align="center">40</td> <td align="center">40</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%">Boot Capacity Rear Seat Up (Litre)</td> <td align="center">363</td> <td align="center">363</td> <td align="center">363</td> <td align="center">314</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%">Boot Capacity Rear Seat Down (Litre)</td> <td align="center">881</td> <td align="center">881</td> <td align="center">881</td> <td align="center">835</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="main_subrow" colspan="5" width="15%">Wheels and Tyres</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%">Alloy Wheels</td> <td align="center">15"</td> <td align="center">15"</td> <td align="center">16"</td> <td align="center">15"</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%">Tyre Size</td> <td align="center">175/65 R15</td> <td align="center">175/65 R15</td> <td align="center">185/55 R16</td> <td align="center">175/65 R15</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%">Spare Tyre</td> <td align="center">15"</td> <td align="center">15"</td> <td align="center">15"</td> <td align="center">Temporary Repair Kit</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

Know More

Attachments

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Ioniq wins on paper.

mag9556

2,000 RPM

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
:nurse:more e juice... like e-ciggy add only..
might think of this one.. good choice but no spare tyre very worry me..

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
:nurse:more e juice... like e-ciggy add only..
might think of this one.. good choice but no spare tyre very worry me..
I also don't carry spare tire nowadays even though I have 1! :D I will carry it only when I travel long distances out of Klang Valley.

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
On paper maybe, on the road i'd put my money on the Honda maybe.
Let's see how it drives first
Well nobody drives paper. And in Malaysia, the money is always on Honda because of the resale value. :rofl:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
wonder why the civic 1.5T didnt get the same DCT version

mag9556

2,000 RPM

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
I also don't carry spare tire nowadays even though I have 1! :D I will carry it only when I travel long distances out of Klang Valley.
:biggrin: less weight less fuel burn.. good idea but me old man type, no spare tyre feel like no security..:driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
:biggrin: less weight less fuel burn.. good idea but me old man type, no spare tyre feel like no security..:driver:
Yes less weight is always better, and the unfortunate event of using it seems so rare at least within my normal routes, hence I took it out. I just carry an electric pump.

I'm also getting old ma, already reaching what Malaysians called 'uncle' age. Eyes already cannot read the small fonts!

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes less weight is always better, and the unfortunate event of using it seems so rare at least within my normal routes, hence I took it out. I just carry an electric pump.

I'm also getting old ma, already reaching what Malaysians called 'uncle' age. Eyes already cannot read the small fonts!
Usually for tubeless tyres, if kena nail the leak is slow, so if you check tyre pressure regularly should not be a problem. Unless kena cut or big holes....:smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all,

hv read out some advertisement on a car magazine recently and i found out a product called "AUTOFOAM'......that is done by a shop called KL Auto...

i'm planning to put it on my perdana since it can provide soundproofing, strengthen chassis, & bla bla bla....

anyone that hv been put on this stuff, pls post up some review or feedbacks on how good or bad this product....

cheers....:driver: :driver: :driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience