Used Car purchase: Inspira 2.0P vs Suprima S

chsyke

Known Member
Dec 13, 2006
Hi all sifu sifu ZTH, im looking for an used car budget around RM 45k and both model seem like fit the budget nicely.

Just wonder if anyone drive either car before and what is your opinion if i want an used unit.

What i like:

Inspira
MIVEC engine, Nappa seat, Auto headlight, Auto climate, space..

Suprima S
Design, Leather seat, Auto climate, Reverse Cam, Andriod multimedia player, projector headlamp (potential to convert HID), auto fold side mirror.

What i dislike:

Inspira
No Auto fold side mirror (in such a "big" car), low center arm rest, Clarion player (although can replace after market DVD), Design is a bit outdated (or conservative), Reflector head lamp. No use of LED at rear lamp.

Suprima S
CPS turbo engine (not sure its reliability), rear door opening, semi-smart push start.

In summary, i like inspira engine (as its MIVEC by Mitshubishi) but accessories wise, seem like suprima win hands down.

Its hard to decide...

By the way, my work require travel quite a lot, out station as well as city drive, fuel comsumption will also my concern.

Hope all sifu sifu here can help me.

Thanks in advance.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Have you test driven the cars? I think best you try them out first. Probably may help with your decision.....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I'll go for Inspira because of I trust more on Mitsubishi technology and design more than Proton. Furthermore, I heard that quality control of Inspira is checked by personnel from Mitsubishi.

Aftermarket support for Inspira is also larger since it is technically a Lancer.

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
You can get a used Suprima S for less than RM45k nowadays. I'm a Suprima S owner since October 2013. Ironically, I also faced the same dilemma when deciding between Suprima S and Inspira 1.8 (M) a few years back. :cool:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
You can get a used Suprima S for less than RM45k nowadays. I'm a Suprima S owner since October 2013. Ironically, I also faced the same dilemma when deciding between Suprima S and Inspira 1.8 (M) a few years back. :cool:
You should have taken the Inspira manual. Another fun car to drive for you instead of CVT. :biggrin:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
You should have taken the Inspira manual. Another fun car to drive for you instead of CVT. :biggrin:
I've already got a fun car. Suprima is more for relaxed driving and safer for the family too. I'm getting older lah, haha...

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
I agree with uncle vr2turbo. Test drive both cars first. It's the best way to decide.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
I got plan to buy suprima at first. Duno what hit me, buy wira n swap engine. Maybe economy quite bad.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I've already got a fun car. Suprima is more for relaxed driving and safer for the family too. I'm getting older lah, haha...
I really like the Inspira 1.8 manual. For that segment, we can't find any manual offerings in our market. Corolla Altis, Civic, Mazda 3, Lancer, Sylphy are not available in manual over here.

I got plan to buy suprima at first. Duno what hit me, buy wira n swap engine. Maybe economy quite bad.
138hp turbo is not enough to tempt you because the swap you got produces like 200hp. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I agree with uncle vr2turbo. Test drive both cars first. It's the best way to decide.
If don't test drive, how would he know whether he likes the how the car drives. Once bought will keep for sometime, that is why even new cars got test drive units......lol:biggrin:

Even my wife's before she bought her new SUV, tested from N, then M before she bought S.....lol:rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If it is not too much, we would again like to thank everyone for being a part of the success of Zerotohundred.com’s TIMETOATTACK Round 2 as it was definitely one of the best that we had ever organized so far! And just like the last round, we'll now bring you some of the treats for those who could not make it to last Sunday’s event, in the form of automotive eye-candies, starting off with the JDMs...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience