Truck discussion : Navara vs Hilux vs Triton vs Ranger vs Dmax vs Colorado

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Guys,

Another currently driving these pick up?

Could you please share your real time experiences in term of:

1) Cost of maintaining it? (Periodical Service costs/Wear and tear parts etc)
2) Vehicle realiblility
3) Comfortableness (front/rear seat and while driving)
4) FC
5) Engine performance (on road/offroad)
6) Resale value

Planning to buy one now but donno to choose which one.

Thanks guys :biggrin:

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003

Sent from my E6683 using Tapatalk

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hilux is a major thief magnet and probably the weakest truck here in terms of overall performance.

Ranger is super sensitive with electronics. Don't mod anything, even HID. It'll wreck something. Unless you do it with Ford. And it has this stupid in-speaker noise system that gives you fake noise inside the cabin - I hate it. But driving it is pretty easy. Get the high CC one and diesel for the win.

Navara is not too bad. It's the only truck here with independent suspension. The rest all torsion. No idea about the Chevvy but if resale value is what you want, forget the Chevvy and buy the Hilux.

And as long as it's a truck, you can forget about comfort. You want comfort buy a sedan. These are all work horses and you forgot the Mazda BT truck. That's better than most of these trucks here performance wise. FC all are pretty much the same. Forget about FC and comfort. I wouldn't drive these trucks long distance unless you have a high threshold for 'comfort' since it's relative.

No idea about maintenance.

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Hilux is a major thief magnet and probably the weakest truck here in terms of overall performance.

Ranger is super sensitive with electronics. Don't mod anything, even HID. It'll wreck something. Unless you do it with Ford. And it has this stupid in-speaker noise system that gives you fake noise inside the cabin - I hate it. But driving it is pretty easy. Get the high CC one and diesel for the win.

Navara is not too bad. It's the only truck here with independent suspension. The rest all torsion. No idea about the Chevvy but if resale value is what you want, forget the Chevvy and buy the Hilux.

And as long as it's a truck, you can forget about comfort. You want comfort buy a sedan. These are all work horses and you forgot the Mazda BT truck. That's better than most of these trucks here performance wise. FC all are pretty much the same. Forget about FC and comfort. I wouldn't drive these trucks long distance unless you have a high threshold for 'comfort' since it's relative.

No idea about maintenance.
Thanks for the input bro. [emoji1]

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wow! The previous Nissan Terrano, my friend snap the cam shaft twice. Seems cam shaft got weak point, later fast fast sell.....

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
+1 on navara...

especially for comfort,
lower ground clearance and more road stability,
better handling

and if u not carrying heavy load or thinking for going offroad (apart from facing flash-flood in kl) its a good choice.

but dmax is really famous for low diesel consumption...downside is lacking on torque/power...

still from those option, if me... i will go for navara

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
The snapping Navara was the old one. I'd buy the current full spec Navara cause it's the most car-like yet still being a work horse.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
If there is no need for 4wd then dont gatal2 buy the 4wd model.
go for 2wd model if available which i dont think most make have.

if your offroad is just normal kebun with flat tanah merah road then 2wd is more than enough.
if you want to go for abit more adventure then u will need 4wd.
u want more extreme then find one which have diff lock function.
you can also forget about shining bodywork.
torque and traction matters a lot during offroad.oh wait...driver skill comes first.

durability...
what model of pickup do you see the most at cameron highland?

comfort does not exist in any vehicle which has 4x4 system or built on 4x4 platform which is design for offroad.
well...range rover might be an exception.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi bros and siss, i was about to change my spark plug from stock to iridium type, but i just wonder which one is better. denso has its reputation in its performance and durability, especially with its 0.4mm and it U-grooved. but wat i know about volker iridium performing good also. it has 0.5mm and can last up to 160,000km. budget wise, both is about the same. however, for Gen2, wat do u guys think? which one is better? o there is other recommendation? 1 more ques, about denso iridium POWER...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience