Suggestion of getting car

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
But older cars later will have repair and maintenance cost, like timing belts etc.....:driver:
Sifu, this camry using timing chain la. I do concern on the suspension units if previous owner drive it recklessly. Btw, I do own a 8 years old car now and i did not plan to sell it off. I just wanted to get a bigger + comfy car for family usage.

PS: Today i just went to visit honda showroom and test on the new city. My head definitely will hit the roof if driver speeding over bump or uneven road. I can feel my hair is touching the roof. :banghead:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sifu, this camry using timing chain la. I do concern on the suspension units if previous owner drive it recklessly. Btw, I do own a 8 years old car now and i did not plan to sell it off. I just wanted to get a bigger + comfy car for family usage.

PS: Today i just went to visit honda showroom and test on the new city. My head definitely will hit the roof if driver speeding over bump or uneven road. I can feel my hair is touching the roof. :banghead:
Not sifu loh! don't even know the model use timing chain....hahhahaha
What I actually meant was older will need more repairs in near future then newer cars, but there will be a difference in comfort, power, space and so on as actual cost of the older car is way more, and in higher class. I too went for older car than new cars.....lol

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Toyota Mark X! :biggrin:
If you are buying used. Willing to pay for 2.5L road tax. What 6UE5t said. Mark X. NO BRAINER. Choosing a Camry 2.5L over Mark X doesn't make sense...

1. Yes both 2.5L.. I4 vs V6
2. One is FWD..another RWD
3. Mark X is a level above Camry in terms of fit & finish, and positioned higher within the Toyota family.

I understand the maintenance such as bigger tyre size, roadtax (around rm875 + insurance should be rm3k per annum). I choose 2.5 because I don't want sluggish feeling when I fetch my parents and wife during long journey.
Since you care about the drive feeling, Mark X would be superior over the Camry.

That V6 is good, and proven, and it is in used in the Lexus GS250, IS250. Dual VVT-i with a D4 direct injection. The power and torque output of the V6 is leagues ahead of the I4.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Running cost should be slightly higher, but will have higher maintenance cost
Definitely higher maintenance cost for sure especially if compared to a brand new City or Vios.

Depends, maybe later get fed up because no power......lol
Then I guess 2.5 is the only way. :rofl:

But older cars later will have repair and maintenance cost, like timing belts etc.....:driver:
Is not too old yet. 2013 Camry. No timing belt either. But it really depends on how the previous owner maintains the car.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
2013 Toyota still very good la if driven and maintained as normal, no need special care. Even my almost 10 yrs Toyota is practically also no problems and in almost 5 yrs ownership only spent very little on real repairs/replacing broken parts, most are just regular maintenance or mods.

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
If you are buying used. Willing to pay for 2.5L road tax. What 6UE5t said. Mark X. NO BRAINER. Choosing a Camry 2.5L over Mark X doesn't make sense...

1. Yes both 2.5L.. I4 vs V6
2. One is FWD..another RWD
3. Mark X is a level above Camry in terms of fit & finish, and positioned higher within the Toyota family.

Since you care about the drive feeling, Mark X would be superior over the Camry.

That V6 is good, and proven, and it is in used in the Lexus GS250, IS250. Dual VVT-i with a D4 direct injection. The power and torque output of the V6 is leagues ahead of the I4.
I will take a look on Mark x. Will the fuel consumption very high for the v6? I don't plan to get a fuel guzzler.

:( don't talk about Toyota manage to give me better driving experience compare to Honda accord. The handling of Camry just so so. I choose it because it is really a quiet cabin and it managed to absorb all the uneven road and minor feeling on hitting polehole.

2013 Toyota still very good la if driven and maintained as normal, no need special care. Even my almost 10 yrs Toyota is practically also no problems and in almost 5 yrs ownership only spent very little on real repairs/replacing broken parts, most are just regular maintenance or mods.
Yes. I do have a friend with a 5years old Camry. Seem like not much thing to fix besides regular maintenance.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I agree with you. These cars generally don't have much of a problem unless the owner really suck at maintaining it.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I will take a look on Mark x. Will the fuel consumption very high for the v6? I don't plan to get a fuel guzzler.

:( don't talk about Toyota manage to give me better driving experience compare to Honda accord. The handling of Camry just so so. I choose it because it is really a quiet cabin and it managed to absorb all the uneven road and minor feeling on hitting polehole.

Yes. I do have a friend with a 5years old Camry. Seem like not much thing to fix besides regular maintenance.
On mine, I can easily get real average of 10-11km/ltr on ron95, mix city/highway. If driven more on highways and more smoothly can get above 11-12km/ltr.

If you're looking for really soft/plush ride then yeah the Camry is very good at that. Mark X will be more firm, but anyway just test drive a few to get a feel of it as comparison.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
On mine, I can easily get real average of 10-11km/ltr on ron95, mix city/highway. If driven more on highways and more smoothly can get above 11-12km/ltr.

If you're looking for really soft/plush ride then yeah the Camry is very good at that. Mark X will be more firm, but anyway just test drive a few to get a feel of it as comparison.
Best is to test drive, get the one TS like the most, because going to be driving that for a few years at the least,......lol:biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

FC on the Toyota Camry 2.5L versus the Lexus derived V6 2.5L? About the same, your foot plays a bigger role. Both have the same displacement so, no, it won't be a significant difference.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Definitely a NO! My mother driving a CRV 2.0, the fuel consumption is really bad and the handling is totally cannot. I prefer sedan over SUV.
Yup same reported by my friends who use CRV and other big heavy cars with just 2.0 NA engines. So the lesson is don't buy such big heavy cars with such small NA engines.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I think my car's air-con gas needs topping up. I was wondering what is the market rate for topping up air-con gas?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience