Suggestion of getting car

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Hi all sifu, I plan to get a car around RM90k-98k. I do not mind second hand car. I've few candidates in my heart where my highest priority is I need a comfort ride for my family. I hope to heard the valuable feedback from your guys in term of reliability, comfort, running cost (maintenance) and etc (any other concern).

1. Brand new honda city 2017.
2. Waiting the new toyota vios.
3. 2014 toyota altis.
4. 2013 toyota camry 2.5v. (This 1 definitely the most comfort compare to the 3 above and same as the running cost too.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
New will be most reliable, at least got warranty for first few years.
Comfort of course will be the Camry, but bigger cc, means higher road tax. higher fc. 4 years not that old but after 5 years major maintenance at least one round..

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
New will be most reliable, at least got warranty for first few years.
Comfort of course will be the Camry, but bigger cc, means higher road tax. higher fc. 4 years not that old but after 5 years major maintenance at least one round..
I understand but for the mentioned budget, I only manage to get a brand new Jap B-segment car. Only the honda city having a bigger legroom.

Toyota Mark X! :biggrin:
What is the price of toyota mark X? It's rear wheel drive right?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Depends on the year and specs, ranging from the oldest first 2004 version for only 40-50k to the latest GS' version up to maybe almost 200k. So depends on your budget to match. For budget of 90-100k, can get 2009-2011 models.

Either RWD + 6sp, or AWD + 5sp (but this one very rare, got 1 silver on sale now in mudah).

wah markX boss making an appearance everywhere i go!
I'm no boss, just kuli. :smokin:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I understand but for the mentioned budget, I only manage to get a brand new Jap B-segment car. Only the honda city having a bigger legroom.

Then got to set your priorities. Looks like your preference is Big, comfort so for that budget will be older car....:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Then got to set your priorities. Looks like your preference is Big, comfort so for that budget will be older car....:driver:
From the sound of it, Camry seems suitable for him. Just that maybe he shouldn't go for the 2.5 because of the roadtax. And he seems to have reasoning to back up his choice for Camry which he said is the most comfortable one and running costs is about the same with the rest. The others he din't give reasoning.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
From the sound of it, Camry seems suitable for him. Just that maybe he shouldn't go for the 2.5 because of the roadtax. And he seems to have reasoning to back up his choice for Camry which he said is the most comfortable one and running costs is about the same with the rest. The others he din't give reasoning.
But no power lor, very sluggish. :sleep:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Running cost should be slightly higher, but will have higher maintenance cost

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
I understand the maintenance such as bigger tyre size, roadtax (around rm875 + insurance should be rm3k per annum). I choose 2.5 because I don't want sluggish feeling when I fetch my parents and wife during long journey.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I understand the maintenance such as bigger tyre size, roadtax (around rm875 + insurance should be rm3k per annum). I choose 2.5 because I don't want sluggish feeling when I fetch my parents and wife during long journey.
But older cars later will have repair and maintenance cost, like timing belts etc.....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

how do i plug in my portable DVD player into the main HU?

where to conect the audio in/out?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience