Advice on major repair for e46

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Your oil seals cost a bomb,so does the simple valve cover gasket.
My mech just told me there are leaks through my valve cover gasket. How much should it be since 300 in this bill is a bomb. Thanks. Last I check online, some state 300+, some 170+

How about the Spark plug tube O-rings too.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My mech just told me there are leaks through my valve cover gasket. How much should it be since 300 in this bill is a bomb. Thanks. Last I check online, some state 300+, some 170+

How about the Spark plug tube O-rings too.
Probably original is RM300 and aftermarket is RM170. Aftermarket if brand is not good, scare the oil will start to leak very fast, meaning cannot last long...:smokin:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I've worked on Renault F4p and Merc W124 engine before,the parts will be more expensive compared to jap car but BMW really at another level of expensive.
From experience,for valve cover or oil sump gasket it is safe to go for alternative part as not many lousy manufacturer will make part for expensive car due to low demand.
For oil seal,by allean go for oem part.
Above all,if budget not an issue then go for all OE part.

I've tried a replacement oil seal on my dpo gearbox before and it only lasted 1 day before atf came pouring out.
Change to OE part and problem solved.

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
pac_jb, what was your symptom that needed top overhaul. Thx

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
Totally agree BMW car are high maintenance car, but when u driving it is totally difference feel. Hav to learn how to take care of her like ur wife. I cannot tahan mine ex E46 sold it oledi

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Totally agree BMW car are high maintenance car, but when u driving it is totally difference feel. Hav to learn how to take care of her like ur wife. I cannot tahan mine ex E46 sold it oledi
I have 3 friends all sold theirs off, after their cars old and need plenty of repairs.....:bawling:

pac_jb

Known Member
Feb 28, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Just got my car, I totally got ripped better word to put is cheated, after one my coolant looks it's getting , when I add water the float stick will go down after few days, and when I told this to the workshop , they took the car and did pressure test and told everything is OK, when I ask back how come the coolant float stick can go down after few days ,they cannot answer, when I open the engine oil cap, I see inside , all brown color ,after overhaul should be cleaner , when I ask about this , they told they used chemical to clean but the dirt all hard to come off, and lastly at the head gasket the silicone sealant can be seen , normally when they put sealant at valve cover gasket ,you can see the sealant come out abit, but first time im seeing sealant at head gasket, and the thing annoyed me most was originally my valve cover looked very new, but when I got my car back , they painted the cover to black without asking me, the paint look cheap, when I ask they told the cover looked rusty that's why painted it to black ,speechless

pac_jb

Known Member
Feb 28, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I seriously didn't know, workshops like this really existed, their main goal is to cheat customer , and self proclaimed expert in European cars, and if you see their Facebook, they advertise their workshop through free nasi lemak and their so called woman mechanic, and they can put "we have shariah compliant(tutup aurat) and non-compliant(seksi) lady mechanics" , unfortunately I saw all this rubbish yesterday only, if I seen it earlier , I wouldn't have gone there, seriously regretting

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I seriously didn't know, workshops like this really existed, their main goal is to cheat customer , and self proclaimed expert in European cars, and if you see their Facebook, they advertise their workshop through free nasi lemak and their so called woman mechanic, and they can put "we have shariah compliant(tutup aurat) and non-compliant(seksi) lady mechanics" , unfortunately I saw all this rubbish yesterday only, if I seen it earlier , I wouldn't have gone there, seriously regretting
try file for tribunal if the workshop dont want to take responsible.:smokin:

btw, didnt notice you from seremban. i sent e36 usually at factory shoplot near the majistret court seremban. Specialize in only bmw, alot of owner dump 30k-50k for performance upgrade, especially e46.

You can sent there to justify the german garage work, whether they betul2 buat what they quote you on the bill

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

I'll be bringing my mk3 Toyota Supra with a 1JZ twin-turbo engine with me to Malaysia soon.

And I was wondering where would be a good place to take my car if it needed a service. Are there any places who specialize in Toyota engines, specifically the 1JZ? I'll be living in Penang, so I don't really want to travel to KL every time I want to get my engine looked at.

Well hope you guys can help.

Cheers,
OzXchange
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience