DIY to seal tyre puncture

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Jul 6, 2000
Do you know what the beef jerky seal is made off Vr2turbo? I've only seen black ones

Really no idea what it is made off. Only the patch seals from inside and umbrella seals also from inside I know are made of rubber.....

loose_end

Jul 29, 2009
Thank God I used cheapo tyre, got a nail for my 3 month old new tyre.

stupidcar

Mar 18, 2013
I have an electric pump and these worms from Mr DIY, very nice peace of mind whenever I go on road trips.
If the tyre burst into pieces then RIP lah, can't help.
Trick is to pump it really hard while attempting to close the hole so it will fill up. (Dont forget to use the pump with the engine on, later dead)
Quite a tiring process actually.

Reactions: Izso

I have an electric pump and these worms from Mr DIY, very nice peace of mind whenever I go on road trips.
Trick is to pump it really hard while attempting to close the hole so it will fill up. (Dont forget to use the pump with the engine on, later dead)
Yup, the tyre with more air pressure will be rigid and easier to poke the worm in. I did before, once with less air so it was difficult to poke the worm in. After pump up was easier to poke it in......

Ya man, I tried it once also, damn hard to push the worm in, especially because I didn't take off the wheels from the car hence must push just with my arm from the side, cannot push down with my body weight! Very tiring leh. The next puncture I went back to tire shop, lazy to DIY again eventhough still got a few more worm! Lol

Front tyre can still turn out the steering. Rear tyre have to take out......lol

Just got my car a new paint. Very shinny now. Do I still need to wax it so that it can has one layer of extra protection? Paint shop say no need wo. What do you think?