DIY to seal tyre puncture

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Do you know what the beef jerky seal is made off Vr2turbo? I've only seen black ones

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Do you know what the beef jerky seal is made off Vr2turbo? I've only seen black ones
Really no idea what it is made off. Only the patch seals from inside and umbrella seals also from inside I know are made of rubber.....

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Thank God I used cheapo tyre, got a nail for my 3 month old new tyre.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I have an electric pump and these worms from Mr DIY, very nice peace of mind whenever I go on road trips.
If the tyre burst into pieces then RIP lah, can't help.
Trick is to pump it really hard while attempting to close the hole so it will fill up. (Dont forget to use the pump with the engine on, later dead)
Quite a tiring process actually.

Reactions: Izso

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I have an electric pump and these worms from Mr DIY, very nice peace of mind whenever I go on road trips.
Trick is to pump it really hard while attempting to close the hole so it will fill up. (Dont forget to use the pump with the engine on, later dead)
Yup, the tyre with more air pressure will be rigid and easier to poke the worm in. I did before, once with less air so it was difficult to poke the worm in. After pump up was easier to poke it in......

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ya man, I tried it once also, damn hard to push the worm in, especially because I didn't take off the wheels from the car hence must push just with my arm from the side, cannot push down with my body weight! Very tiring leh. The next puncture I went back to tire shop, lazy to DIY again eventhough still got a few more worm! Lol

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya man, I tried it once also, damn hard to push the worm in, especially because I didn't take off the wheels from the car hence must push just with my arm from the side, cannot push down with my body weight! Very tiring leh. The next puncture I went back to tire shop, lazy to DIY again eventhough still got a few more worm! Lol
Front tyre can still turn out the steering. Rear tyre have to take out......lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just got my car a new paint. Very shinny now. Do I still need to wax it so that it can has one layer of extra protection? Paint shop say no need wo. What do you think?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience