Converted Car Chassis. Is it worth it?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
850cc Kelisa also can whack K3VET 1.3L which is a 53% increase in cc. Hundreds if not thousands running around.
Same goes for those 2JZ-GTE or 1JZ-GTE BMW. Some are probably 320i originally.

wira body cannot allow 2.0 also....hehehe
There is actually an official Wira 2.0 from Proton. The Wira diesel. But even that one is not allowed to transplant to 4G63T I think.

for civic ek, if you know how to read a bit of chinese or japanese, the diagram said all the different with normal civic, extra bracing,seam welded chassis,thicker anti roll bar as well as thicker plate metal for chassis at specific point which is hard to be mimic with just feel chassis bar bracing.

View attachment 562298

and for lancer evolution,they keep on increasing the stiffness of the chassis ,from evo 123 gen to evo 456 gen mitsubishi claimed increased for 30%,evo 789 gen i dunno, but for evo 10 instead increase the spot weld,thicker metal and extra bracing,they are using new RISE structure which i believe will be increase more in the chassis strength as they mention the using of high tensile strength metal,go google it
If the ordinary Civic chassis lacks so much compared to the performance Civic chassis, then I think those expensive converted Civic hatch selling for 40 to 70k is not worth the price with that kind of chassis. Sometimes, can even see EG hatch selling for over 50k despite not being an original EG6 Civic SiR chassis....

I heard that the RISE structure is used in the current Lancer too. So, should it be same for Inspira that is based on Lancer?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
for civic ek, if you know how to read a bit of chinese or japanese, the diagram said all the different with normal civic, extra bracing,seam welded chassis,thicker anti roll bar as well as thicker plate metal for chassis at specific point which is hard to be mimic with just feel chassis bar bracing.

View attachment 562298

and for lancer evolution,they keep on increasing the stiffness of the chassis ,from evo 123 gen to evo 456 gen mitsubishi claimed increased for 30%,evo 789 gen i dunno, but for evo 10 instead increase the spot weld,thicker metal and extra bracing,they are using new RISE structure which i believe will be increase more in the chassis strength as they mention the using of high tensile strength metal,go google it
Manufacturer have R&D and design team, they increase strength when they increase power. Our local mod of transplanting engine is by putting a more powerful engine into a car chassis not design for that power. Chassis sure cannot take the stress.....lol

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Manufacturer have R&D and design team, they increase strength when they increase power. Our local mod of transplanting engine is by putting a more powerful engine into a car chassis not design for that power. Chassis sure cannot take the stress.....lol
How about your VR, uncle? :biggrin:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Same goes for those 2JZ-GTE or 1JZ-GTE BMW. Some are probably 320i originally.

There is actually an official Wira 2.0 from Proton. The Wira diesel. But even that one is not allowed to transplant to 4G63T I think.

If the ordinary Civic chassis lacks so much compared to the performance Civic chassis, then I think those expensive converted Civic hatch selling for 40 to 70k is not worth the price with that kind of chassis. Sometimes, can even see EG hatch selling for over 50k despite not being an original EG6 Civic SiR chassis....

I heard that the RISE structure is used in the current Lancer too. So, should it be same for Inspira that is based on Lancer?
Bothe are RISE structure, but lack of chassis reinforcement as i see between e10 and ordinary lancer, even diff rear strut tower structure.. And for lancer and inspira, from proton they say first batch are the same, dunno others, and their chassis i dunno as well, but i do saw different in quality, such as at the front strut tower under the mudguard, u can see that even chassis gum, for lancer is very uniformly applied on the metal, but inspira is like dog shit:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
ef pun ade....
god... cannot imagine whats it like...so light, so much power, that thing would be so fast.....

theres another form for a conversion exceeding 25% iirc.....
Eh, who attached a thumbnail pic on my first post? Maybe is Tom?

If speed and power to weight ratio is all that I am after, I will just go for EF or CR-X preferably EF9 Civic SiR or EF8 CR-X SiR chassis. Put in K series engine, K24 block with K20A head. Will be one of the NA king.

I'm quite sure that form is not allowed for Proton cars. :biggrin:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Eh, who attached a thumbnail pic on my first post? Maybe is Tom?

If speed and power to weight ratio is all that I am after, I will just go for EF or CR-X preferably EF9 Civic SiR or EF8 CR-X SiR chassis. Put in K series engine, K24 block with K20A head. Will be one of the NA king.

I'm quite sure that form is not allowed for Proton cars. :biggrin:
yup.. its explicitly stated.... ALL protons other than the perdana (and i assume the inspira now as well:rolleyes:) xboleh

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
of course tom or admins.,,,,:biggrin:
Recently not much of active admins over here.

yup.. its explicitly stated.... ALL protons other than the perdana (and i assume the inspira now as well:rolleyes:) xboleh
But Perdana probably at most can only change back to another 2 litre. What other larger capacity engines that Perdana owners will go for.

Inspira can go for the larger 2.4 litre 4B12 engine found in Lancer Sportback. But since that one looks similar to 4B11, no one will notice the change even if unregistered or not endorsed unless they look at the engine number.

But what is their reasoning behind Proton cars can't go over 25% of their original engine displacement? Are they saying that Proton's chassis are not able to handle the stress from larger capacity engines?

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

But Perdana probably at most can only change back to another 2 litre. What other larger capacity engines that Perdana owners will go for.

Inspira can go for the larger 2.4 litre 4B12 engine found in Lancer Sportback. But since that one looks similar to 4B11, no one will notice the change even if unregistered or not endorsed unless they look at the engine number.

But what is their reasoning behind Proton cars can't go over 25% of their original engine displacement? Are they saying that Proton's chassis are not able to handle the stress from larger capacity engines?
perdana has choice to go up to 2.5 litre. 6a13tt if im not mistaken. There only 1 story i heard, perdana owner able to get puspakom approval on engine mounting change, but Proton mod the mounting. Seems legit to get puspakom approved in this case.

if proton does not have the 25%, there are alot of protonolution out there. :smokin:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ

haha perdanas.... duno if anyone pandai pandai shove in a terbalik 6a13.... something tells me somehow.. someone would probably have tried.....

back then... so many accidents involving those crazy evo converted cars with almost 0 attention to safety.... hantam pokok, the car literally obliterate themselves. there's a thread on these things here on zth long ago i think...

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
haha...stop them before it goes crazy.......:biggrin:
Im one of em...perdanalution, having perdana chassis is ok,doesnt feel light and stable at *high speed cruise 140-180. I would say 200 is max for comfort cruise. Perdana chassis la. Even so, the mounting weld cant support the torque 4g63t produce, saw few the welding spot koyak.

*Please do this at your own risk. During application, please make sure your engine and driveterrain at optimum performance. Dont cheapskate on tyre. :rofl:

back then... so many accidents involving those crazy evo converted cars with almost 0 attention to safety.... hantam pokok, the car literally obliterate themselves. there's a thread on these things here on zth long ago i think...
Need to find that thread...

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this...

My steering currently eats up so much steering fluid. I know this becoz the steering give out sounds (like fluid filling up spaces) during morning starts every 2-3 week oso and i have to top-up the fluid. It used to be 2 months before a top-up....

So this mean that the leak is getting worse... So that means i have to visit a mechanic soon...

So my question is... How do a mechanic repair a steering rack...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience