Looking for Evo X

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
So can travel long distance together with family. Won't be too loud or bumpy but still got sufficient power. Almost like your VR. :biggrin:

But that actually looks like what the Evo X is trying to do. It does seemed more user friendly and comfortable than the CT9A series before it. Previous Evo are all spartan and equipped with basic stuffs only. I think Evo X is the only Evo that differs the most from the rest of the family.
That's why IMHO Evo X is kinda missing the point (just like Evo VII GTA) and was very disappointed when it came! :banghead: It tried to be exactly what you said, tried to cater for different type of people but then ended up disappointing many real Evo fans and yet unable to attract new target market that its aiming for! That's why also CP9As & CT9As are still very highly regarded as legendary JDMs while Evo X is just meh and maybe caused the death of this legendary car. You just see the price of Evo IX compared to X which is about the same now, I think that kind of reflect what I said. Just wait a few more years, I suspect Evo X prices will drop lower than IX, or even a good condition VIII MR.

Honestly speaking, before i really drive sst and i felt same as most of you guys, unless you planning to make tremendous power, else stop bashing sst, i had seen a lot of sst with bolts on only last more than 100k km without issues, of course must be with proper maintenance and sst cooler upgrade , some are Singaporean who go to sepang track days as well, even with higher power, sst have clutch upgrade as manual do, it is all abt the money u spending, even manual, if you make high hp on manual you still need clutch upgrade what
It's not just about power or if the transmission can handle more power. It's more about having the purest of driving fun with the manual transmission in a car that's just basically created as a street legal rally car, dollar-for-dollar one of the quickest car ever created.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
That's why IMHO Evo X is kinda missing the point (just like Evo VII GTA) and was very disappointed when it came! :banghead: It tried to be exactly what you said, tried to cater for different type of people but then ended up disappointing many real Evo fans and yet unable to attract new target market that its aiming for! That's why also CP9As & CT9As are still very highly regarded as legendary JDMs while Evo X is just meh and maybe caused the death of this legendary car. You just see the price of Evo IX compared to X which is about the same now, I think that kind of reflect what I said. Just wait a few more years, I suspect Evo X prices will drop lower than IX, or even a good condition VIII MR.

It's not just about power or if the transmission can handle more power. It's more about having the purest of driving fun with the manual transmission in a car that's just basically created as a street legal rally car, dollar-for-dollar one of the quickest car ever created.
Well, not just the Evo have gone softer, I'll say the same for Impreza WRX STI too but probably not as much as Evo X. For Evo X kind of situation, I think it is more suited for older Evo fans who had retired from Evo scene but still want to get back something with that kind of power. But not a lot of people can fall to this category as there are many more other cars with better comfort and yet makes similar or even more power than Evo X. The hardcore enthusiast will look at CT9A instead of CZ4A chassis.

You are right about the fun of operating with 3 pedals and shifting the gear knob yourself. It gives the driver more engagement and control with the car. My friend who owns a Waja manual and test driven another friend's F30 320i said his Waja manual and my Wira manual is more fun to drive than the 320i. 320i is good but a bit boring although faster and more powerful.

thats why F1 lost the screaming sound.....:bawling:
That is what I mean. :biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
F1 cars nowadays don't scream anymore because:
- Turbocharged. In the 80s during the turbo era, they also did not scream but more humming like now.
- Combined with the hybrid, they already make huge amount of torque & power at much lower rpms, hence they rev much lower like 7-8k rpm lower than the V8 NA they replaced.
- Less number of cylinders, only 6 compared to 8 before and up to 12 in the late 80s-early 90s.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
F1 cars nowadays don't scream anymore because:
- Turbocharged. In the 80s during the turbo era, they also did not scream but more humming like now.
- Combined with the hybrid, they already make huge amount of torque & power at much lower rpms, hence they rev much lower like 7-8k rpm lower than the V8 NA they replaced.
- Less number of cylinders, only 6 compared to 8 before and up to 12 in the late 80s-early 90s.
The previous NA F1 engines have exhaust looking like these, of course they can scream loudly as the exhaust gases come straight out from the cylinder after combustion. Not to mention the ITB setup contributes a lot to the loud noise.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The previous NA F1 engines have exhaust looking like these, of course they can scream loudly as the exhaust gases come straight out from the cylinder after combustion. Not to mention the ITB setup contributes a lot to the loud noise.

You should try hearing those Formula E race cars......lol:biggrin:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching

I camt say no to you, but i owned both, all i can say is both do different things that the other cant do:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It would appear that pole-to-flag victories was the theme this weekend as Lucas Auer did just that, following in the steps of Sebastian Vettel and Dilantha Malagamuwa, to win Race 2 of the JK Racing Asia Series at the Sepang International Circuit that served as a support race for Formula One.

The Austrian managed to stave off Afiq Yazid and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience