Old School Cars Discussion

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
It is because you know how to read the manufacturing date. Many nowadays know as I have been mentioning this in the forum for years now. Even tyre shop bosses who knows me say, vr bro. you teaching them too well, first thing they come in ask tyre how old are they......hahhahahhaha:rofl:
Good thing I learned about that somewhere in a car magazine before. It could be funny if I meet with shops who tries to con me on something that I already know. To other people I also don't really look like the alert type of person and some of my friends said I don't even look like a car person. :biggrin:

Apple and Orange dy.......hahhahhahah:driver:
Oh, no need to compare already, lol... But I am actually confused where does Parada Spec stands in Yokohama tyre lineup? UHP? But I thought they already got A-Drive R1 for UHP.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Good thing I learned about that somewhere in a car magazine before. It could be funny if I meet with shops who tries to con me on something that I already know. To other people I also don't really look like the alert type of person and some of my friends said I don't even look like a car person. :biggrin:

Oh, no need to compare already, lol... But I am actually confused where does Parada Spec stands in Yokohama tyre lineup? UHP? But I thought they already got A-Drive R1 for UHP.
You need a lot of reading on tyres. A-Drive R1 is like Bridgestone MY-01. More for durability than performance.
This from their website
The A.driveR1 is Yokohama's entry level low profile sports performance tyre. ... The "R1" is an aggressive, stylish low profile tyre which gives good value performance. .
Stylish.....lol:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
You need a lot of reading on tyres. A-Drive R1 is like Bridgestone MY-01. More for durability than performance.
This from their website
The A.driveR1 is Yokohama's entry level low profile sports performance tyre. ... The "R1" is an aggressive, stylish low profile tyre which gives good value performance. .
Stylish.....lol:biggrin:
Yes, I agree. There seemed to be a never ending new information about tyres for me. There is always something new to learn over here especially from you. :biggrin:

So, A-Drive R1 is like maybe mid-range level tyre similar to C-Drive 2? Since it is not a performance tyre. Or it is something below UHP range, like maybe Hankook Ventus V2 Concept?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes, I agree. There seemed to be a never ending new information about tyres for me. There is always something new to learn over here especially from you. :biggrin:

So, A-Drive R1 is like maybe mid-range level tyre similar to C-Drive 2? Since it is not a performance tyre. Or it is something below UHP range, like maybe Hankook Ventus V2 Concept?
Again we are straying out of alignment....lol
V2 Concept 2 are just HP All seasons tyres, UHP Summer is V12 Evo2, Max is S1 Evo2

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Again we are straying out of alignment....lol
V2 Concept 2 are just HP All seasons tyres, UHP Summer is V12 Evo2, Max is S1 Evo2
I understand now. Alignment fly away again, old school to performance tyres. :biggrin:

Actually for those old school car owners who still uses 13" and 14" wheels, can they get new performance tyres today?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Majority of (jap) old skool cars have upgraded to 15''. Lots of knock-off rims starts from size 15". Sourcing HP tyres are not really a prob.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Majority of (jap) old skool cars have upgraded to 15''. Lots of knock-off rims starts from size 15". Sourcing HP tyres are not really a prob.
So, no more choice for those sticking with their old 13" or 14" 'dish' type wheels.

Eh, I posted this before over here already.

Anyway, how about this for a rare BMW 2002.

http://www.mudah.my/1980+or+older+1974+BMW+2002+Tii+2+0+M+-50776497.htm

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Many ppl tend to sell the car based on the price like:

Price of the ori car + prices of performances parts + doing up the car (painting, refurbishment, etc)= Selling price.

That could amount to a big price tag, which no many are willing to pay for it, unless the seller understand and value the goodies in the car.
Proton wira still a proton wira price. No matter mod 50k in the car. Who want to buy 50k wira...lol
Like bro peterj ori evo, will price as evo too....

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
I dont like that 70s model skyline. Back then it wasnt called skyline in malaysia. My father drove a 180k model for a few months. In malaysia it was only known as 180k and 240k. Plenty around at the time. The seller over estimated the demand for it. As you can see no takers yet. He posted twice before asking for 43k. If it was 2 door version might be different story.

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
ohh didnt see the post... thet beemer is nais, pricetag not so much :bawling:
For this rare machine, the price seems okay. At least better than those ridiculous over RM100k AE86.

Proton wira still a proton wira price. No matter mod 50k in the car. Who want to buy 50k wira...lol
Like bro peterj ori evo, will price as evo too....
But Wira with 4G63T I see a lot are selling over RM20k. MIVEC 4G92 Wira also not cheap, all over RM10k.

Nobody buy RM50k Wira because is Proton chassis. But I have seen people with Lancer CB convert to Evo selling like over RM50k. They are not even real Evo. Just some Lancer 1.5 or 1.6 similar to Wira then convert to Evo... Is their chassis stiffer than Wira, I don't know...

I dont like that 70s model skyline. Back then it wasnt called skyline in malaysia. My father drove a 180k model for a few months. In malaysia it was only known as 180k and 240k. Plenty around at the time. The seller over estimated the demand for it. As you can see no takers yet. He posted twice before asking for 43k. If it was 2 door version might be different story.
The car looks nice but at RM43k, I don't want to bother already... If I got 43k to spare, I might as well find a nicely done TA22 or TA28 Celica. Are there any cheap 180k or 240k Skyline selling like under RM15k? lol

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
The car looks nice but at RM43k, I don't want to bother already... If I got 43k to spare, I might as well find a nicely done TA22 or TA28 Celica. Are there any cheap 180k or 240k Skyline selling like under RM15k? lol
There are a few but no where near as nice as this one. There's one on FB in JB that one asking 23K, pretty nice though not as nice as that mudah one you show us. The image isnt right IMHO, its like having some 70s looks mangled with 80's looks.Like neither here nor there. I like it either looks totally 70s...or totally 80's.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, i am totally new in car maintaining as i am going to get my first own car soon.
Is Tufoil suitable to use for a brand new car? Will it void warranty?

I understand that every 5000 km we need to change car oil which we called black oil in cantonese. So is Tufoil a kind of black oil or it's a supplement oil which means we still need to use black oil + Tufoil?

Where do we fill Tufoil into? How? When?

Sry if the questions r too newbie :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience