Old School Cars Discussion

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
UTAR KL? The one I saw is in UTAR Kampar. Throughout my years there, I have seen a few student's cars which surprised me. For example, Saga LMST with Yokohama Parada Spec, stock Persona with RE003 on stock wheels, Myvi 1.5 with 15" RE002. There is also another Swift with extremely low profile tyres, 205/40/17. Won't that be too low profile to absorb impact in case the student driver falls into pothole?

Also seen before a Wira 4G93T which belonged to a friend of my friend. Apparently spent over RM6k for painting and don't know how many more thousands on engine mods. Running on 17 inch Michelin Primacy 3st with 4 pot brembo taken from Evo.

Perdana V6? 16 year old still newer than mine. My car is coming to 18 years old this year.
Parada Spec 2 actually quite normal only. Pattern looks aggressive, quite poor in wet

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Then again he choose or tyre shop recommend.....lol
For shops who recommend such tyres is like a bit stupid. Unless the owner asks for it. What is the point giving performance tyre for ordinary people that doesn't do spirited driving. Also, wouldn't the owner be skeptical with such weird looking tyre thread? :confused:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
For shops who recommend such tyres is like a bit stupid. Unless the owner asks for it. What is the point giving performance tyre for ordinary people that doesn't do spirited driving. Also, wouldn't the owner be skeptical with such weird looking tyre thread? :confused:
Youngster mah! see aggressive thread pattern sure like.
Tyre shop always pushing what can make money not what is right for your car. Especially got old stock sure try to sell that first. I have been to so many tyre shops I know their tactics.....lol
Those shops that the bosses knows me, mostly talk to me and ask what I want. They don't let his workers talk to me. Got one time, heard the shop supervisor who knows me tell his worker not to bother talking to me about tyres, he knows what he wants.......hahhahhahha
That is why many apps and ask me first or even ask me to go along to check out tyres at the shop..:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Youngster mah! see aggressive thread pattern sure like.
Tyre shop always pushing what can make money not what is right for your car. Especially got old stock sure try to sell that first. I have been to so many tyre shops I know their tactics.....lol
Those shops that the bosses knows me, mostly talk to me and ask what I want. They don't let his workers talk to me. Got one time, heard the shop supervisor who knows me tell his worker not to bother talking to me about tyres, he knows what he wants.......hahhahhahha
That is why many apps and ask me first or even ask me to go along to check out tyres at the shop..:driver:
Depends on what kind of youngster, hahaha. Maybe for those with a bit of knowledge in cars might be fooled by aggressive thread pattern. Those who don't bother about cars might thought otherwise.

Want to push old stock but you can actually check the manufacturing date of the tyres at the sidewall what. I've been to a few shops asking for price, I think they din't try to push old tyres for me. Maybe they thought I know something about tyres because I went inside and ask about if they have the specific size straight away.

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Lets get back to old school cars shall we ?
http://www.mudah.my/Toyota+ae86-49568985.htm
Looks like this guy has lowered his price 3 times already. 1sttime 68K, then 65K, now 59K.
Of course besides the price, i think this one cant sell because its been modified too much. What do you think ?
I prefer as stock as possible. This one looks too impractical for street use.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Looks like this guy has lowered his price 3 times already. 1sttime 68K, then 65K, now 59K.
Of course besides the price, i think this one cant sell because its been modified too much. What do you think ?
that one... wait lagi sure drop somore.....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Don't really like this one here. Too much originality of AE86 lost in this car. Bodykits on old school cars can never be as good as OEM parts. 4A-GE engine is also not there... You can get something better for RM60k.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Many ppl tend to sell the car based on the price like:

Price of the ori car + prices of performances parts + doing up the car (painting, refurbishment, etc)= Selling price.

That could amount to a big price tag, which no many are willing to pay for it, unless the seller understand and value the goodies in the car.

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Don't really like this one here. Too much originality of AE86 lost in this car. Bodykits on old school cars can never be as good as OEM parts. 4A-GE engine is also not there... You can get something better for RM60k.
Exactly, dont even know what he did to the engine mounts position on the chassis, or what gearbox did he match up. Seriously people should think through properly their mods before carrying out such overboard mods. The skirts and the rims coming out of the fenders is a big no no to me. The ride must also be extremely uncomfortable and stiff. One parking mistake, those skirts are gone.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Many ppl tend to sell the car based on the price like:

Price of the ori car + prices of performances parts + doing up the car (painting, refurbishment, etc)= Selling price.

That could amount to a big price tag, which no many are willing to pay for it, unless the seller understand and value the goodies in the car.
Sometimes when a car is too old or rare, the addition or performance or mod parts will just lower the value of the car itself. You can't be selling a rare car with modded parts more expensive than a stock variant.

Exactly, dont even know what he did to the engine mounts position on the chassis, or what gearbox did he match up. Seriously people should think through properly their mods before carrying out such overboard mods. The skirts and the rims coming out of the fenders is a big no no to me. The ride must also be extremely uncomfortable and stiff. One parking mistake, those skirts are gone.
The bumpers and bodykits is also a problem. A lot of these aftermarket stuff are just made out of fibre or PP materials which feels like cheap plastic that can crack easily. They are no way in the same quality as OEM parts. Plus, I have also seen a lot of shops offering to do this and that bodykit in the name of Japanese tuners like RE Amemiya, Mugen, Varis, Voltex... When checked more carefully, found out that these parts are not even from the Japanese tuners themselves. Instead, they came from Taiwan or some other place, made out of fibre or PP material. Owning a sports car and you throw away OEM parts by replacing them with Taiwan stuff? :banghead:

The rims.. I doubt they are original Work Meister wheels... True about the engine mount.. Later if too much mod is done there, you want to swap back to 4A-GE engine also could be difficult.

I'm okay with people swapping out SR20 engine to more common old school cars like maybe KE70, Datsun B110, B210, B310 and other normal old school cars. But this fella here is doing it on a rare AE86. It feels like the originality and charm of AE86 has been robbed away by all these mods.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Parada Spec 2 actually quite normal only. Pattern looks aggressive, quite poor in wet
i would say if only thread is less than 50%

anything above that it do provide plenty of wet grip...and much better than cheap "potong-air" thread pattern tyre with shitty compound... lol

I thought it was quite uncommon for a student to choose such tyre for LMST Saga. Grip in dry is bad too?

i would say for the price is plenty of grip...but definately nowhere near proper semi-slick/uhp/extreme tyre class

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
i would say if only thread is less than 50%

anything above that it do provide plenty of wet grip...and much better than cheap "potong-air" thread pattern tyre with shitty compound... lol

i would say for the price is plenty of grip...but definately nowhere near proper semi-slick/uhp/extreme tyre class
How about if we compare Parada Spec 2 with something like Yokohama S-drive? Or maybe Advan Sport V105.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Depends on what kind of youngster, hahaha. Maybe for those with a bit of knowledge in cars might be fooled by aggressive thread pattern. Those who don't bother about cars might thought otherwise.

Want to push old stock but you can actually check the manufacturing date of the tyres at the sidewall what. I've been to a few shops asking for price, I think they din't try to push old tyres for me. Maybe they thought I know something about tyres because I went inside and ask about if they have the specific size straight away.
It is because you know how to read the manufacturing date. Many nowadays know as I have been mentioning this in the forum for years now. Even tyre shop bosses who knows me say, vr bro. you teaching them too well, first thing they come in ask tyre how old are they......hahhahahhaha:rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi everyone...

i thinkng...
we open out our differential housing
then we insert it with vicous liquid...
(like those found in vicous type LSD)

like this.. when slow...
example when we parking or turn slow
the differential will work like normal

when fast.. like one wheel loose control
then the liquid will 'stick' two side of wheel together...

so is it possible or not? :D
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience