Need advice on brake kit

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So how does the braking feel now, any significant improvement compared to your previous brake setup?
Last time my friend converted his Nissan Bluebird brakes to GTR ones, did not improve, in fact got worse, because vacuum servo cannot handle, until he added aftermarket (add on) vacuum servo

tonyparir

Apr 12, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
So how does the braking feel now, any significant improvement compared to your previous brake setup?
Honestly the past few months I was quite lazy and did not get the chance to do any testing wasn't able to compared. But i notice one difference at low speed around 60kmh i slammed the pedal and it did not took long before my car stopped

Does it come with bigger vacuum servo?
When i bought my car it comes with a 96 dc2r brake servo. Hope thats good enough

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
i think i borrow this thread to ask. Keep playing in my mind.
I ask before about brake pads.

My case. Wira gsrt, no mods, stock (all disc brake, single port). Brake been bleed couple of times. After bleed feel much better.
Few weeks later, pressing the brake pedal. Back to same old feeling, not much braking power. Press 2-3 time only can feel the hard feeling. Brake pads not worn out. No hydraulic oil leaked.

Need advice. Problem at Brake hose ? Brake caliper becos single port ? Brake pads ? Brake servo ?

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

My case. Wira gsrt, no mods, stock (all disc brake, single port). Brake been bleed couple of times. After bleed feel much better.
Few weeks later, pressing the brake pedal. Back to same old feeling, not much braking power. Press 2-3 time only can feel the hard feeling. Brake pads not worn out. No hydraulic oil leaked.

Need advice. Problem at Brake hose ? Brake caliper becos single port ? Brake pads ? Brake servo ?
If you need to press 2 to 3 times to brakes to function properly, usually means got air bubble in the system and needs bleeding.
For better braking try changing the pads first. Try Trestor Blue Advantage pads, cheap and good bite, but a lot of dust......lol:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Okay noted. Will keep that in mind... when i ask around, my friends told me can use ek9's servo but any other suggestion?
Before changing make sure the servo unit is bigger, but then also make sure got space for bigger unit to go it. Mine was transferred from half cut, unit is bigger and is double layer

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
If you need to press 2 to 3 times to brakes to function properly, usually means got air bubble in the system and needs bleeding.
For better braking try changing the pads first. Try Trestor Blue Advantage pads, cheap and good bite, but a lot of dust......lol:biggrin:
Rubber hose can have this effect ?:confused:

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya

Does the brake pedal sink when you hold it there? If it does you might wanna have a look at your brake pump too the seals and all. If it doesn't probably like what sifu vr said, bubble inside. Just my 2cents. :burnout::burnout::burnout:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Does the brake pedal sink when you hold it there? If it does you might wanna have a look at your brake pump too the seals and all. If it doesn't probably like what sifu vr said, bubble inside. Just my 2cents. :burnout::burnout::burnout:
Normally if worn and pedals sinks, I rather change the pump. Most pumps nowadays are made of aluminum and they are soft and wears easily. The seals wears the pump wall will wear also. I did once changing the seals only lasted a few months.....lol

How the windscreen, yesterday got rain, right?

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Brake pedal din sink, just feel need to press further compare to after bleed.
Bleed couple of times previously. Wondering where the air come from.
Or pump itself suck air by little?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Brake pedal din sink, just feel need to press further compare to after bleed.
Bleed couple of times previously. Wondering where the air come from.
Or pump itself suck air by little?
You just bleed or flush? I recommend you do a complete flush, means change the brake fluid completely. Also did you overheat your brakes at any time after the bleed?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hardcore_detailer said:
Used to be hardcore detailer. Now no time to do all. LOL so must keep it well from start. Tis is what i do

1) send it to nearby roadside car wash. Ask for spray only. Shampoo all don't wan. Should be arounbd RM2 or 3. Unless u have those water jet spray. then can diy at home lor. I live in condo so no choice lor. Very important to spray all those big chunk of sand and dust away.
2)reach home, rinse again with normal pipe.
3) shampoo car with MG nxt shampoo or...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience