SATRIA 1.6 - Seeking advices for TUNING & UPGRADES

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Actually yes. When I went for dyno last time I heard a story of a father and son pair going dyno. Dad had stock exhaust, son had huge pipes. After dyno, they actually found that the dad had a higher power output. :rofl:
Piping size or extractor? What car was this? :hmmmm:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Both wiras. The son had oversized piping and muffler. Not sure about extractor though.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Ok la that makes sense then. I've heard a lot of stories like that about enlarging piping and muffler size but still using the stock extractor. Super pointless mod. :shot:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ok la that makes sense then. I've heard a lot of stories like that about enlarging piping and muffler size but still using the stock extractor. Super pointless mod. :shot:
Got a lot like that one. Do A but B and C not done, or do B, A and C not done and so on......lol:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I think you're misunderstanding me, I didn't say pointless, I said at this point in time with your 110% stock engine, it'll suit a 4-2-1 design better than 4-1. It's up to you at the end of the day. I don't know what you plan to do with your car & engine in the long run...

Another thing you should know, an extractor swap regardless a 4-1 or 4-2-1 doesn't mean your car's powerband is going to dramatically change with either, and neither is your powerband going to dip so sharply that you'll feel a massive difference.

Btw you can get straight through mufflers that are quiet... just go get the largest longest straight flow muffler you can find and 2 large bullets/midbox I can guarantee the car will be quiet.

It's cast iron. Surface rust I assume?
I din't plan on doing anything big to the engine on long run as this will be my daily car for quite some time. Don't want to do major engine mods to maintain the FC as it is already quite bad in the first place.

If so, I think I'll just do the whole piping from extractor to muffler at one go instead of just doing the extractor first. Perhaps more noticeable gains can be felt after that.

By the way, until now I am still unsure on what the bullet/midbox actually do. Can I choose not to use any bullet?

A wrongly tuned one! :rofl:
Like trying to emulate an unequal length extractor to mimic boxer engine sound. :rofl:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
I din't plan on doing anything big to the engine on long run as this will be my daily car for quite some time. Don't want to do major engine mods to maintain the FC as it is already quite bad in the first place.

If so, I think I'll just do the whole piping from extractor to muffler at one go instead of just doing the extractor first. Perhaps more noticeable gains can be felt after that.

By the way, until now I am still unsure on what the bullet/midbox actually do. Can I choose not to use any bullet?
Exhaust mod not gonna help with FC. If your 4g15 manual FC is bad, it needs an overhaul. My car use to be a 4g15 3spd auto. It was modded and my only option was either change to manual gearbox or swap the engine coz the FC was super terrible.

Resonator/midbox functions to silences the exhaust note just like a muffler does. :driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Exhaust mod not gonna help with FC. If your 4g15 manual FC is bad, it needs an overhaul. My car use to be a 4g15 3spd auto. It was modded and my only option was either change to manual gearbox or swap the engine coz the FC was super terrible.

Resonator/midbox functions to silences the exhaust note just like a muffler does. :driver:
Did your current engine fare better in FC than your previous one?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Having question, which alot people said that open pod was`t suitable on automatic transmission.
I have few numbers of friends installed open pod on their automatic myvi, vios, persona, accord, civic and 350z also having good result on performance increase.
Another weird answer from a friend with 350z roadster is better fuel consume after installing a long ram open pod + CAI with heat shield cover.

I`m currently going to do a short ram intake with heat shield cover for my 1.5l automatic...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience