A close encounter with the new 2016 Subaru Forester in Bangkok last week!

d4rk

Known Member
Jul 26, 2010
Johor Bahru

Echoing Tom’s recent entries on the forums, let me share my latest trip to Thailand where I got the privilege to be among the first few in the region to drive the new Subaru Forester and witnessing the launch at the 2016 Bangkok Motor Show!

Taking place at the 37<sup>th</sup> Bangkok International Motor Show, Motor Image, the exclusive distributor of Subaru vehicles in the Southeast Asian region, took the covers off the new MY16 Subaru Forester. With improved handling dynamics and innovative technologies being among the updates, Motor Image also welcomes a brand new campaign ”Is There Anything You Can’t Do?”.

“The campaign name “Is There Anything You Can’t Do?” reminds people that they can achieve anything they have their eyes set on, and the Subaru Forester will accompany them throughout their adventure”, said Mr Glenn Tan, Executive Director, Tan Chong International Ltd.

The new Subaru Forester will come with a 2.0-liter four-cylinder, 16-valve Boxer engine and S-AWD. Three variants will be offered, starting with the 2.0i (FB20 Boxer, CKD), 2.0i-P (FB20 Boxer, CKD), and the 2.0XT (FA20 Direct-Injection Turbocharged Boxer, CBU). Both the CKD models get 150PS at 6,200rpm, while the turbocharged version gets almost 100 horses more with 241PS at 5,600rpm.

The Subaru Forester will also be featuring the X-Mode for optimized control of the engine, Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive (S-AWD) and brakes to safely drive over almost any type of terrain, enhanced suspension for comfort and performance, added safety features, as well as improved exterior and interior features.

The X-Mode is one of the highlight of the new Forester as the on-board computer coordinates the throttle, transmission and S-AWD to assist anyone to safely navigate through any terrain. The X-Mode’s Hill Descent Control on the other hand helps modulate speed when the vehicle is going down a steep hill either in the city, or even through gravel slopes.

To allow a consistent and smooth power delivery at all times, Subaru had chosen the Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) to complement the Forester’s performance. The suspension has also been upgraded like the stiffer front cross member and enhanced coil and damper to provide drivers a more comfortable ride quality and an agile handling on various terrains.

As for the looks, all variants will come with a brand new grille, taillights and rims. Welcoming the driver is a refreshed cabin, alongside a premium head-unit and a LCD Cluster display. Subaru had also taken some measures to reduce the noise from inside and outside of the cabin with sound proofing materials and increased window thickness to maximize driver comfort and ride quality.

One little but useful feature that comes with the new Forester is the PIN code access that allows the users to leave their key fob in the car but still enables them to unlock their vehicle doors by entering the pre-set PIN code. This feature is only available on the i-P and the XT variants.

Of course, safety has not been neglected by Subaru, and the Forester has been constructed around a Ring Shaped Reinforcement Frame that is able to protect the passenger in the event of a rollover and withstanding the Forester’s own 1.5 tonne weight. Aside from the Steering Responsive Headlights which are fitted to the i-P and XT, all Foresters come with Active Safety like Vehicle Dynamics Control, Hill Start Assist and Brake Override, and Passive Safety such as Whiplash Reducing Seats and Side Door Reinforcement Beam.

The new Subaru Forester are now available for bookings at all Subaru Showrooms nationwide from 22 March 2016. The i variant will be priced with GST) at RM 144,160, RM 153,700 for the i-P, and RM 210,940 for the XT.

Last edited by a moderator:

d4rk

Known Member
Jul 26, 2010
Johor Bahru
If it's car pictures that you seek, worry not as I got that partially covered and I'll have them up soon. If girls however... Sorry brah. :vroam:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
The Forester had always been the powerful Japanese SUV that is rarely rivaled by any of its Japanese competitors. But is this new Forester still as potent as the older SF5 or SG9 Forester STI?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If it's car pictures that you seek, worry not as I got that partially covered and I'll have them up soon. If girls however... Sorry brah. :vroam:
BKK models pictures plenty, many have already posted......lol
So be the odd one out, and post the cars please......hhahhahahhahha:rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I'm not crazy about the chrome grill. I'd do what Moog did and remove the chrome bits and replace with the matt black

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Good day,

a friend of mine called me up ask me to detail his brother's car. unfortunately i heard a bad news from him, the car interior was fully flooded badly due to heavy rain at Bedok Reservoir Street @ Singapore. the only thing his brother can do is use a cup to scoop up the water and dry it with a cloth. however when he deliver the car to me after 2 weeks time when the incident happened, i still find the carpet is wet and the underneath carpet's fiber are full of dirty water (air...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience