Review: Firestorm Ignition Coil Booster

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Mine sharing how you DIY the TM Works harness?
Not my design, basically it's a direct-copied version of the TM Works harness. The harness doesn't use any special ICs or any proprietary parts so it's just a matter of using good thick insulated copper wires, wire wraps and connectors. I can't exactly mention who did this for me since that person is also selling the TM Works harness. Haha! Besides, he did it as a way of experimenting anyway. Not for commercial sales.

hitz

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Kepong, KL
Not my design, basically it's a direct-copied version of the TM Works harness. The harness doesn't use any special ICs or any proprietary parts so it's just a matter of using good thick insulated copper wires, wire wraps and connectors. I can't exactly mention who did this for me since that person is also selling the TM Works harness. Haha! Besides, he did it as a way of experimenting anyway. Not for commercial sales.
Ok, noted.

May 14, 2018
I joined the group purely for this thread.

I realise most of the members are overseas (to me), BUT if there are any UK members that have one of these devices, if they are near the Midlands I am happy to X-Ray the unit for you (if it is a plastic device with potting compound) and return it while you wait FOC. Providing you pop some lead sheet (will be provided) over your delicates, you can stay in the room while I do it if you wish.

You get an idea what is inside - and so do I - and an X-ray will not harm the device in any way.

Only issue is if it is in a metal tube, I cannot help - if it is simply housed in a plastic tube with potting compound (as most stuff these days is), we can have a look inside without harming it. Clearly if you know it is in a metal tube and are able to remove that - to leave just the potted plastic inside, then we are good-to-go.

My guess is around half a dozen components and we will probably get a fair idea of the circuit once we trace out the wires from the x-ray and use some common sense as "what bit might that be".

It was interesting in one of the YouTube videos that putting the device in series had an effect on the drive circuit - reducing the frequency of the spark by some considerable amount. For those of you who have not seen the video, I have tried to attach it:-

If anyone is in the UK and wants to know what is inside with sacrificing it - get in touch, pop around and we can do some fluoroscopy / x-rays.

Mark

Reactions: Izso
Jan 14, 2021
Any updated on this FS? I found fb link..
He say can try for RM50 and can test for 14day, RM40 will be returned if not satisfied.

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
my guess too much power until VR cant provide ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

more pictures in the gallery!

The closest prototype to date for the Mitsubishi EVO 10

Enjoy!

ronn
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience