Review: 2015 Megane RS275 Trophy-R + On-Board Video

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
haha, you are right on the 40s and 50s. I met an old friend of my mechanic and while having lunch we talk of old times. He was quite into some racing in his younger days and modded his car to be very low and now driving a SUV. This is his very words. Those days we mod our cars as low as possible, now that age have caught up our cars now we love them as high as possible.....lol:biggrin:

Driving manual is skill, paddle shift are considered aided :driver:.....hhahhahhaha:biggrin:
I won't be surprised that I might be getting something like a SUV when I get old. Or I might consider something like the mix of large sedan with performance such as Legacy turbo or Accord Euro R. People change as they got older, haha.

Paddle shifters feels lacking since you don't really need to release the throttle and step on it again. I always enjoy the sudden kicking feeling right after I release the clutch pedal and stepping on the throttle again after shifting. That sudden surge of power.

Since you are driving manual and you are in KL, is it really that bad being stuck in traffic jam while driving manual or you are already used to it?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I won't be surprised that I might be getting something like a SUV when I get old. Or I might consider something like the mix of large sedan with performance such as Legacy turbo or Accord Euro R. People change as they got older, haha.

Paddle shifters feels lacking since you don't really need to release the throttle and step on it again. I always enjoy the sudden kicking feeling right after I release the clutch pedal and stepping on the throttle again after shifting. That sudden surge of power.

Since you are driving manual and you are in KL, is it really that bad being stuck in traffic jam while driving manual or you are already used to it?
You need to drive a 2WD power car then. AWD power not as wild.....hhahhahaha

Used to it but I seldom in KL, PJ not as bad.....:biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Well but AWD can take on a lot of power and once you have a lot then it will be wild ride also. But yah, AWD gives more traction and control.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

I thought AWD like WRX STI and Evo will be even more brutal because of their acceleration.

I sat on a EG hatch with B18C (not type R) before and when the driver shifts, I can't even hold myself properly to my seat. My whole body just lurch forward towards the dashboard although I tried avoid that.

I thought PJ had bad jams too since it is densely populated...

Well but AWD can take on a lot of power and once you have a lot then it will be wild ride also. But yah, AWD gives more traction and control.
And better start off acceleration too. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I thought AWD like WRX STI and Evo will be even more brutal because of their acceleration.

I sat on a EG hatch with B18C (not type R) before and when the driver shifts, I can't even hold myself properly to my seat. My whole body just lurch forward towards the dashboard although I tried avoid that.

I thought PJ had bad jams too since it is densely populated...

And better start off acceleration too. :biggrin:
If both cars of same power, one delivering to 2WD and one to AWD, the one with 2WD will be wild as all power going to these two wheels only. STi are brutal in acceleration but with control, but if power deliver only to the two front wheel it will spin and pull. That was the feeling when I first got my VR back after transplant. First month or so have to be careful powering out from T junction.....lol:biggrin:
Yes, jam here and there, but I know the side routes, if not there is always waze :driver:.....hhahhahah:biggrin:

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
Yes 2WD you will feel more brutality and torque *COUGHS* steer *COUGHS*, definitely need a LSD installed
Once you got used to it, just be careful :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
If both cars of same power, one delivering to 2WD and one to AWD, the one with 2WD will be wild as all power going to these two wheels only. STi are brutal in acceleration but with control, but if power deliver only to the two front wheel it will spin and pull. That was the feeling when I first got my VR back after transplant. First month or so have to be careful powering out from T junction.....lol:biggrin:
Yes, jam here and there, but I know the side routes, if not there is always waze :driver:.....hhahhahah:biggrin:
Yes 2WD you will feel more brutality and torque *COUGHS* steer *COUGHS*, definitely need a LSD installed
Once you got used to it, just be careful :biggrin:
2 days ago, tyre shop boss told me about his experiences in modding 4G63T engine in Wira and Perdana. He told me if want to play with such engines, need jaga driveshaft when it comes with LSD because easy kong. I ask why he said because they are originally designed for 4WD use, so when lock gearbox to 2WD, there will be more stress on driveshaft. True about this?

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
2 days ago, tyre shop boss told me about his experiences in modding 4G63T engine in Wira and Perdana. He told me if want to play with such engines, need jaga driveshaft when it comes with LSD because easy kong. I ask why he said because they are originally designed for 4WD use, so when lock gearbox to 2WD, there will be more stress on driveshaft. True about this?
Even without LSD also, yup it will stress the driveshaft for sure :biggrin:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
A passenger that is lunging too abruptly forwards in between shifts equates to bad manual shifting driver

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
A passenger that is lunging too abruptly forwards in between shifts equates to bad manual shifting driver
I read his post again and yes should not go forward. My colleague when he sat in my car and when I accelerate he cannot reach the dashboard because the force pushing him onto the seats.....hhahahha

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Mine without LSD so far okay, anyway 16 years already sure got replace before.....:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I read his post again and yes should not go forward. My colleague when he sat in my car and when I accelerate he cannot reach the dashboard because the force pushing him onto the seats.....hhahahha
Actually I only lunge forward when he release his throttle during hard acceleration and engaging the clutch for the next gear. Otherwise when he is driving normally, everything is fine.

Mine without LSD so far okay, anyway 16 years already sure got replace before.....:driver:
Yours mostly still stock isn't it? The tyre guy said if use 4G63T, better remain stock or mod only minor things to ensure reliability.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Actually I only lunge forward when he release his throttle during hard acceleration and engaging the clutch for the next gear. Otherwise when he is driving normally, everything is fine.

Yours mostly still stock isn't it? The tyre guy said if use 4G63T, better remain stock or mod only minor things to ensure reliability.
But when change gear should not lunge forward....

Yes, is 4G63T but welded to run 2WD mah! so all power goes to two front wheels

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Yes, is 4G63T but welded to run 2WD mah! so all power goes to two front wheels
You should use the AWD drive train but then decouple the front and make it RWD, that would be even more wild! :biggrin: You'll turn your VR into a drift machine! :driver:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
I take back my statement to be fair since I have no idea how severe it was.

It's just when I read what you described, i thought it was pretty bad. i've seen too many drivers not realizing this and have permanently adopted the wrong technique. Transition between shifts is inevitable but can be made smoother. It is up to a driver to ensure his / her passengers feel pleasant.

My advice is, the faster and harder you go, the quicker the shifts need to be. Likewise, when driving slow or when cruising, shifts can be slower. It's not so much the shift knob but the footwork mostly

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hai everybody,i drive satria gti 2000 with vr4 engine,td05,.now im looking for good workshop dat can provide good service to my car with reasonable price ofcoz...area kl or selangor.urgent.....tq:burnout:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience