top fibre/plastic radiator cracked.what to do?

toozero

Aug 28, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hi,

I own satria neo 2006, my coolant leaked at the upper part of the radiator (fibre/plastic) area only.
Right now, I'm just sealed it with silicone sealant as temporarily action. I've surveyed 5-6 workshops. Each mechanics told me different story and give several options.

Mechanic 1,2: Change the upper part only because my ori radiator is still in good condition, & he said taiwan/local made radiator are thin and he advice me to avoid using local/taiwan made. If want new, buy ori part. Change upper part = rm180 only

Mechanic 3,4,5: Change new set radiator, taiwan/malaysian made. rm 280-400

Since it is only + rm100 increment, I'm a bit confused which options I should go. :banghead:

It is okay to use taiwan/local made radiator.or should I stick to ori one and just change the crack plastic only.??

thank you guys.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Just change the top part of the radiator. This is common problem of radiators due to repeated heat stress. While you are at it, do check your top and bottom radiator hoses too -see if there are cracks, hardened hoses, swelling, etc. Might as well change the hoses together. Wont cost more than RM50 bucks.

Normal driving, this radiator is good enough.

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
change the top radiator cover is good enuf
but..aluminium radiator good for blink blink..haha

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You can upgrade the radiator to a CPS one. It's thicker and bigger than stock Satria and I bought mine for RM280 from the spare parts shop. It's pnp for manuals, autos will need to bypass the auto cooler line.

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
I repaired mine at RM200, the aluminum one custom made will be around RM500.....:smokin:
the arc cap ayam one cost me about rm240 or sumting
plus 2-3 hours rework at mounting...diy
good until now...almost 5 years...i think