14 inch tyre, high grip in dry and wet required

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
1.5 years on daily drive? Seems like the tyre wear is quite fast.

Then next time you change tyres, remember to invite sifu VR along. :biggrin:

Tyre master in our country. Too influential in Klang Valley... :adore:
long lasting worrr...mine normal tyre also only last 8months-1.6 year..... that was until benang keluar worrr... :rofl:

imagine if im using soft compound less than 240 threadwear rated tyre :driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
AD07 last year I did see it. for 165/55/14 if I recall correctly.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
if me...i'll put the air filter direct infront at the bumper (but not too low...just about the same height of the turbo snail)

then the intercooler piping route can use the empty location of stock air filter....better heat management
Since done already just make heat shield block the air filter. Cool air can come from headlamp side, radiator is on the other side, so just nice.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

1.5 years on daily drive? Seems like the tyre wear is quite fast.

Then next time you change tyres, remember to invite sifu VR along. :biggrin:

Tyre master in our country. Too influential in Klang Valley... :adore:
Went twice already Bro. Izso, once with bro. Issuzark, and many other members some from ZTH and some from autoworld also....:biggrin:

Klang valley market very big leh!

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

AD07 last year I did see it. for 165/55/14 if I recall correctly.
What year? and 165/55R14 Myvi how to use?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
long lasting worrr...mine normal tyre also only last 8months-1.6 year..... that was until benang keluar worrr... :rofl:

Huh? How did you drive? What car are you using? :confused:

Since done already just make heat shield block the air filter. Cool air can come from headlamp side, radiator is on the other side, so just nice.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

Went twice already Bro. Izso, once with bro. Issuzark, and many other members some from ZTH and some from autoworld also....:biggrin:

Klang valley market very big leh!

Maybe next time I need to go down to KL to consult you when I need performance tyres.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Huh? How did you drive? What car are you using? :confused:
that was on my satria 1.6 auto... no hard acceleration since it was auto....but my driving style = constant speed all around (even in corner, speed drop kept to minimum :driver: :biggrin: :rofl: ) :burnout:

i remember back then when using yokohama parada...only just 45k km all finished out becom slick tyre :rofl: i travel around 3k-5k km per month... so u can calculate that into how many months that tyre last? :biggrin:

*but my wife drove that satria most of the time actually...and guess what...she too use that driving style just at lower speed than me :p

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

On my VR when using more that time also last about 8 months for front without rotation, therefore one set about 16 months only....same same but mine turbo woh! so yours more keng.....hahhahhahaha

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Maybe next time I need to go down to KL to consult you when I need performance tyres.
No need mah! Just communications will do then you get from Ipoh, unless Ipoh cannot get come KL....hahhahahhaha:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
that was on my satria 1.6 auto... no hard acceleration since it was auto....but my driving style = constant speed all around (even in corner, speed drop kept to minimum :driver: :biggrin: :rofl: ) :burnout:

i remember back then when using yokohama parada...only just 45k km all finished out becom slick tyre :rofl: i travel around 3k-5k km per month... so u can calculate that into how many months that tyre last? :biggrin:

*but my wife drove that satria most of the time actually...and guess what...she too use that driving style just at lower speed than me :p
You drive extensively, no wonder....

Is parada still being produced now? And is it on the same category with Neova AD07, AD08?

On my VR when using more that time also last about 8 months for front without rotation, therefore one set about 16 months only....same same but mine turbo woh! so yours more keng.....hahhahhahaha

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

No need mah! Just communications will do then you get from Ipoh, unless Ipoh cannot get come KL....hahhahahhaha:biggrin:
Yours still FWD turbo right? If 4WD turbo, the wear should be equal assuming the torque split is 50:50

Ipoh I'm also not so sure which shop got these kind of performance tyres...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
You drive extensively, no wonder....

Is parada still being produced now? And is it on the same category with Neova AD07, AD08?

Yours still FWD turbo right? If 4WD turbo, the wear should be equal assuming the torque split is 50:50

Ipoh I'm also not so sure which shop got these kind of performance tyres...
Yokohama Parada Spec 2 is still available, but they should be HP category only. Very far from Advan Neova.
Yup, FWD but it is also fun to drive with raw front power. 4WD is stable

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
In progress. Car starts. Haven't installed a lot of stuff.
Oil cooler/bov/atf cooler/e manage+ dyno/exhaust piping/honda oddesey brakes/ still pending

Was thinking of using 15inch swift rims cause
I believe its more durable than alza rim. Any other suggestions guys? Must look stock as possible

Does a heat shield makes a huge difference for a turbo car? watch this video below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCi2yo4UqPI

Attachments

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yokohama Parada Spec 2 is still available, but they should be HP category only. Very far from Advan Neova.
Yup, FWD but it is also fun to drive with raw front power. 4WD is stable
I thought Parada Spec 2 is somewhere like in Extreme or Max because of its thread design. Like something comparable to R1R, Direzza Star Spec... But now it seems that it is only like on par with ATR Sport.

If FWD, then your front will raise up when you accelerate hard in 1st gear? And is there such thing as torque steer as I have heard from many about high powered FWD cars. Not so sure what is torque steer. Difficult to steer during high speeds?

In progress. Car starts. Haven't installed a lot of stuff.
Oil cooler/bov/atf cooler/e manage+ dyno/exhaust piping/honda oddesey brakes/ still pending

Was thinking of using 15inch swift rims cause
I believe its more durable than alza rim. Any other suggestions guys? Must look stock as possible

Does a heat shield makes a huge difference for a turbo car? watch this video below

Hmm, how about you try and find information about the weight differences between Swift and Alza rims? The lighter one will give you more advantage. Or you can look at other stock 15" from other cars as well?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Does not, so better lead your pod out of the engine.....hahhahhahahah:rofl:

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

I thought Parada Spec 2 is somewhere like in Extreme or Max because of its thread design. Like something comparable to R1R, Direzza Star Spec... But now it seems that it is only like on par with ATR Sport.

If FWD, then your front will raise up when you accelerate hard in 1st gear? And is there such thing as torque steer as I have heard from many about high powered FWD cars. Not so sure what is torque steer. Difficult to steer during high speeds?
Don't judge a book by it's cover....hhahhahaha
Same when I change from Goodyear F1 GS-D3 to F1 Asy, Asy looks so mild whereas D3 was so fierce but then Asy did prove to excel in it's performance over D3.

Torque steer is the pull of the steering during hard acceleration. If have uneven drive shaft length, power to short shaft will have more power, therefore steering will pull towards the shorter length side. Main thing when driving Turbo FWD is when you are at a junction. Steering turn to go left or right. If you do hard acceleration it pulls to where your steering is pointing, you will have no time to steer back straight.....hhahhahahhah:rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Don't judge a book by it's cover....hhahhahaha
Same when I change from Goodyear F1 GS-D3 to F1 Asy, Asy looks so mild whereas D3 was so fierce but then Asy did prove to excel in it's performance over D3.

Torque steer is the pull of the steering during hard acceleration. If have uneven drive shaft length, power to short shaft will have more power, therefore steering will pull towards the shorter length side. Main thing when driving Turbo FWD is when you are at a junction. Steering turn to go left or right. If you do hard acceleration it pulls to where your steering is pointing, you will have no time to steer back straight.....hhahhahahhah:rofl:
Just like Michelin PS3. Thread looks like normal tyres but actually it is gripping.

So this torque steer thing usually happens in turbo FWD because their torque is high? NA FWD should be fine even for cars like modded K20A? Need accelerate slowly when going out of junction then...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Just like Michelin PS3. Thread looks like normal tyres but actually it is gripping.

So this torque steer thing usually happens in turbo FWD because their torque is high? NA FWD should be fine even for cars like modded K20A? Need accelerate slowly when going out of junction then...
But even on the straights if uneven length drive shaft can happen to pull to one side also....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Then how to solve this problem? Can use LSD or not?
Seen on some cars they have a link on the long side, then from link to wheel is same as the short side. I think it works but not sure.
To solve big torque and power go 4WD.....hhahhahahaha:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Eibach sucks

Eibach pro kit for putra.
Front - 2 fingers.
Rear - 5 fingers.

Just after a week, the front started to give "ekkkk ekkkkkk" sound on the driver side whenever i pass through road bumps or uneven road. And what's more? The ABS light also blinks occasionally (wheel touching the ABS wire until it hurts). I went to tyre shop and asked them to put rubber. But the annoying sound is still there. Dunno whether the Monroe absorber already kong or not. But there's no sign of any...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience