Satria neo 1.6 CPS Vs R3

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi , i planning and looking to buy a Satria neo , im really attracted to the R3 version in Fire Red colour . =D

One thing im not sure about is there is any different to the car performance between these two or it just a kitted up 1.6 CPS ?

The price for normal 1.6 CPS is around 20-30 something K & the R3 one are well over 45K , is it worth the extra money ? Im really need the opinion of u guys here =)

Heard that the R3 version only had 150 units , is it true ?

And the most important , how to differntiate between a regular 1.6 CPS kitted up with R3 stuff & a Genuine R3 ?

Thanks for any advice guys =D

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Hi , i planning and looking to buy a Satria neo , im really attracted to the R3 version in Fire Red colour . =D

One thing im not sure about is there is any different to the car performance between these two or it just a kitted up 1.6 CPS ?

The price for normal 1.6 CPS is around 20-30 something K & the R3 one are well over 45K , is it worth the extra money ? Im really need the opinion of u guys here =)

Heard that the R3 version only had 150 units , is it true ?

And the most important , how to differntiate between a regular 1.6 CPS kitted up with R3 stuff & a Genuine R3 ?

Thanks for any advice guys =D
the beauty of the r3 version of the neo is that u can never tell how much hp it has.
not just by looking at the exterior itself.

most r3 neo are just a neo equipped with r3 bodykit be it oem or aftermarket but most of it are oem.
however there are some r3 out there which has performance upgrade installed by r3 and these one produce 145hp instead of 125hp on normal cps.

not sure if the tuned r3 is a limited edition but the lotus neo is limited.this one is the one in green.
funny thing is that the r3 tuned neo produce the same power.only different is the neo still on normal suspension but the lotus version on premium ohlins adjustable and some cosmetic different.

the choice is really up to you.if u wamt ready power then u cam go for the tuned r3 version.
if u want to tune yourself then save the extra cost by buying a normal cp and upgrade to your liking.
whichever u opt for,go for manual as thats the only way tp benifit on all the upgrade and to fully appreciate the car.

i know one cps is up for sale.its manual,black, 66k km on the odo and all are standard.
it was bang from behind by a kancil but only cosmetic damage.
registered in may 2009 and the tire is relatively new.
service is done on time using total quartz full syn oil.
i know the detail becaus i maintained it.

its one cheap car to run and enjoy.

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
the beauty of the r3 version of the neo is that u can never tell how much hp it has.
not just by looking at the exterior itself.

most r3 neo are just a neo equipped with r3 bodykit be it oem or aftermarket but most of it are oem.
however there are some r3 out there which has performance upgrade installed by r3 and these one produce 145hp instead of 125hp on normal cps.

not sure if the tuned r3 is a limited edition but the lotus neo is limited.this one is the one in green.
funny thing is that the r3 tuned neo produce the same power.only different is the neo still on normal suspension but the lotus version on premium ohlins adjustable and some cosmetic different.

the choice is really up to you.if u wamt ready power then u cam go for the tuned r3 version.
if u want to tune yourself then save the extra cost by buying a normal cp and upgrade to your liking.
whichever u opt for,go for manual as thats the only way tp benifit on all the upgrade and to fully appreciate the car.

i know one cps is up for sale.its manual,black, 66k km on the odo and all are standard.
it was bang from behind by a kancil but only cosmetic damage.
registered in may 2009 and the tire is relatively new.
service is done on time using total quartz full syn oil.
i know the detail becaus i maintained it.

its one cheap car to run and enjoy.
Lotus racing neo ? Haha that one too extreme already .

Yup , will definely get a manual one ,this one i bought to have fun with it . Hehe plus i heard ppl said the R3 one came with different gearbox compared to normal 1.6 CPS , R3 one was a close ratio .

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Are you guys referring to this Satria Neo?

Proton Satria Neo R3 launched: RM61k-RM64k
Yup ... this one , i seen some with carbon fibre R3 airbox and some without but they claim it was a ori R3 , i also get confused by that .

Anyway to differentiate a kitted up normal CPS & a genuine R3 ?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Lotus racing neo ? Haha that one too extreme already .

Yup , will definely get a manual one ,this one i bought to have fun with it . Hehe plus i heard ppl said the R3 one came with different gearbox compared to normal 1.6 CPS , R3 one was a close ratio .

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Yup ... this one , i seen some with carbon fibre R3 airbox and some without but they claim it was a ori R3 , i also get confused by that .

Anyway to differentiate a kitted up normal CPS & a genuine R3 ?
I'm not sure about Neo though. I wonder if there is a chassis number difference between normal CPS and R3? Just like the old Satria GTi and standard Satria.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
IF the neo came with more common 4g silis....i would buy em! :biggrin:

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
Satria Neo Campro - 2006
Satria Neo R3 (campro) - 2008 (50 units)
Satria Neo CPS - 2009
Satria Neo lotus Racing (CPS) - 2010 (25 units)
R3 Satria Neo (CPS) - 2011 (150 units)
Satria Neo R3 CPS - 2013

lots of neo.. haha..

others limited model
Neo CUSCO
Neo Club Sport
Neo S2000

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
i thought club sport is not a complete model.. all the club sport's performance parts on sale at R3 web..

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

comes with the 6 point rollcage?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
i thought club sport is not a complete model.. all the club sport's performance parts on sale at R3 web..

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

comes with the 6 point rollcage?
It's a road-legal, rollcage-legal, road going track car. The only thing that it doesn't have is carpets.