welding aircond pipe

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
Bro...

Where can i find a air cond shop tat can do custome made piping or shaw I say welding.? My perdana twin turbo aircond gas leak and very obvious tat the pipe i did before in Johor is leak again. Now i asking any shop in cheras or KL area can do tat. The piping is different from the original perdana.

Thanks

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bro...

Where can i find a air cond shop tat can do custome made piping or shaw I say welding.? My perdana twin turbo aircond gas leak and very obvious tat the pipe i did before in Johor is leak again. Now i asking any shop in cheras or KL area can do tat. The piping is different from the original perdana.

Thanks
Those shop specialized in air con only should be able to do. If not, then those special welding shop. My VR on old type gas the valve on the pipe differs. Every time my mechanic do air con repairs he got headache because he needs the adapter. Got one time need to do major job on the air con he took the pipe out send to one shop and had the valve changed, means cut and weld new type of valve on....:driver:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
i would suggest to go for denso,apm or patco dealer.
they are more trustworthy on the workmanship compared to unknown other shop.
cost is abit higher but worth the extra money.

is aircon pipe the same with hudraulic pipe?
if yes then hydraulic shop will be more than happy to assist you.
welding is not the same as normal welding so most small shop wont do it.

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
Those shop specialized in air con only should be able to do. If not, then those special welding shop. My VR on old type gas the valve on the pipe differs. Every time my mechanic do air con repairs he got headache because he needs the adapter. Got one time need to do major job on the air con he took the pipe out send to one shop and had the valve changed, means cut and weld new type of valve on....:driver:
this is wat i mean... since we bring to the aircond shop they also send to other shop to weld it must well we bring direct to the shop so i can save time and money... and some more some aircond shop did not accept modified car.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
this is wat i mean... since we bring to the aircond shop they also send to other shop to weld it must well we bring direct to the shop so i can save time and money... and some more some aircond shop did not accept modified car.
You going to remove the hose on your own as this type of welding shop don't do that. That is why need mechanic to remove and send to them for welding....

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
You going to remove the hose on your own as this type of welding shop don't do that. That is why need mechanic to remove and send to them for welding....
I thinking of send the car the the shop can do tat on the spot. Time saving.. hehe

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I thinking of send the car the the shop can do tat on the spot. Time saving.. hehe
That is the problem, most will tell you take out or send to mechanic take out first then send to them. Unless you can find air con shop that does the welding, but I don't think many do it.....

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
ok then, no choice to let normal mechanic to do it for me then.... thank for the info

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
any bro can recommend any good workshop for aircond in cheras area