Myvi 1.3 06-10 Adjustable Suspension

brandylau

Jan 5, 2015
Hi sifus, I know there are many threads for adjustable suspensions for myvi already on this forum. But I just want to ask those who had experienced and knowledge about adjustable for myvi. This is because there are a lot of good aftermarket suspension now that cost almost the same and the brands are also well known. Example GAB, HWL, ZERONE, BC Racing and many more.
Hopefully the sifus here can tell me more and let me know which adjustable suspension for myvi is good both comfort and performance and durability. Thank you! :)

That is why you have to read those topics to get as much info as possible. You want performance then there will be no comfort. You want comfort stick to your original suspension....:biggrin:

kenklyap

Sep 19, 2006
both comfort and performance and durability
you may try a good sport spring first and feel your self
everyone have their own feeling.
you never try never know

biggest antiroll bar front and rear...then call it a day :biggrin:

Hi sifus, I know there are many threads for adjustable suspensions for myvi already on this forum. But I just want to ask those who had experienced and knowledge about adjustable for myvi. This is because there are a lot of good aftermarket suspension now that cost almost the same and the brands are also well known. Example GAB, HWL, ZERONE, BC Racing and many more.
Hopefully the sifus here can tell me more and let me know which adjustable suspension for myvi is good both comfort and performance and durability. Thank you! :)

This topic is comparable to the topics of car tyres...

There is hardly any tyres in Malaysia that are grippy, comfortable (low road noise) while remaining durable (many years of use). Anyone wants grippy tyres, will have to sacrifice on the soft compund (fast wearing).

Going back to the adjustable suspension, there won't be one brand that could fit the bill for "good for comfort, performance and durability"

brandylau

Jan 5, 2015
Hmm. Maybe I'm still new at this. Maybe I don't mind sacrificing the comfort. If performance and durability? And also good budget. Below RM2000? What brands would you guys recommend? Because I heard from a friend HWL leaks. And so far I'm recommended HWL.

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

That is why you have to read those topics to get as much info as possible. You want performance then there will be no comfort. You want comfort stick to your original suspension....:biggrin:
Vr2turbo, I'm actually using GAB sport springs now with stock absorbers and when I take extra passengers with will hit every bump I go over. That's why I was wondering which adjustable would be good. Too many recommendations. Haha

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

both comfort and performance and durability
you may try a good sport spring first and feel your self
everyone have their own feeling.
you never try never know
I'm currently using GAB sport spring but it's still soft and quite bouncy. I heard GAB's adjustable are too bouncy. And their rebound is too hard. That's why I don't know whT is good. For daily drive and also sometimes sapu corner. Haha

Hmm. Maybe I'm still new at this. Maybe I don't mind sacrificing the comfort. If performance and durability? And also good budget. Below RM2000? What brands would you guys recommend? Because I heard from a friend HWL leaks. And so far I'm recommended HWL.

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Vr2turbo, I'm actually using GAB sport springs now with stock absorbers and when I take extra passengers with will hit every bump I go over. That's why I was wondering which adjustable would be good. Too many recommendations. Haha

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

I'm currently using GAB sport spring but it's still soft and quite bouncy. I heard GAB's adjustable are too bouncy. And their rebound is too hard. That's why I don't know whT is good. For daily drive and also sometimes sapu corner. Haha
Sometimes is luck. Years ago I tried out Monroe absorbers, they did not leak or jam but within 3 months it went soft and there is no warranty for going soft so I boycott that brand already.....hahaha

Using GAB sports springs with stock absorbers, your problem could be they are not matching. Springs are strong and hard whereas the absorbers are soft and not strong enough to control the rebound. Most post I have read, recommend that the springs and absorbers should be changed together to compliment each other....:driver:

brandylau

Jan 5, 2015
Sometimes is luck. Years ago I tried out Monroe absorbers, they did not leak or jam but within 3 months it went soft and there is no warranty for going soft so I boycott that brand already.....hahaha

Using GAB sports springs with stock absorbers, your problem could be they are not matching. Springs are strong and hard whereas the absorbers are soft and not strong enough to control the rebound. Most post I have read, recommend that the springs and absorbers should be changed together to compliment each other....:driver:
Hmm I actually know what you mean. I'm also scared to try sport absorbers cause it might not perform as well as an adjustable suspension. That's why I'm surveying and hope to get knowledge about adjustable suspensions. What would you recommend? Adjustables which is good for daily drive and weekend track day. And also serviceable. I surveyed GAB SS, HWL Hilo softhard, BC racing and zerone. Do you know which is best for me?

This topic is comparable to the topics of car tyres...

There is hardly any tyres in Malaysia that are grippy, comfortable (low road noise) while remaining durable (many years of use). Anyone wants grippy tyres, will have to sacrifice on the soft compund (fast wearing).

Going back to the adjustable suspension, there won't be one brand that could fit the bill for "good for comfort, performance and durability"
Tyres got. ATR Sports. Last long and and grippy :laugh:

If your budget below RM2K then is surely HWL already. BC Racing is more than that iinm or GAB SS which is just slightly more I think. If you want GAB SS, i have a friend mech who carries that brand.

But as long you don't need to drive family around in your car then is okay, if not, your family sure complain if you use adjustables.

For me surprisingly, my family drives my stock kancil they dont feel comfortable. But my kelisa with sports absorber and springs which is much much stiffer than a stock kelisa suspension, they didnt complain hahaha! Lastly, no one know what's best except yourself bro. U know what u want.

If you think ATR Sports is grippy, you have not tried grippy tyres yet......hhahahhahaha:rofl:

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

Hmm I actually know what you mean. I'm also scared to try sport absorbers cause it might not perform as well as an adjustable suspension. That's why I'm surveying and hope to get knowledge about adjustable suspensions. What would you recommend? Adjustables which is good for daily drive and weekend track day. And also serviceable. I surveyed GAB SS, HWL Hilo softhard, BC racing and zerone. Do you know which is best for me?
Ok, good since you understand what we are talking about.
For me, if want to change suspension take the full package. Like you started with springs, now absorber don't match.
If you take Hi Lo you cannot change the damping rate, you can adjust high and Low only.
If you take full package at least you can change the height, spring rate, and damping rate. This means you can adjust to soft on daily drive and max it out on track day.
However adjusting height may require some work, damping rate for front is easy but for some sedan the rear requires removing the back seat like mine...:banghead:

brandylau

Jan 5, 2015

If your budget below RM2K then is surely HWL already. BC Racing is more than that iinm or GAB SS which is just slightly more I think. If you want GAB SS, i have a friend mech who carries that brand.

But as long you don't need to drive family around in your car then is okay, if not, your family sure complain if you use adjustables.

For me surprisingly, my family drives my stock kancil they dont feel comfortable. But my kelisa with sports absorber and springs which is much much stiffer than a stock kelisa suspension, they didnt complain hahaha! Lastly, no one know what's best except yourself bro. U know what u want.

Hmm ya GAN SS and BC is almost the same and just slightly over 2k but I don't mind getting it if it's better. Ya i do drive my family around sometimes but if I don't change adjustable the car will tend to be lower than what it is now cause of the extra weight and I'll have problems with bumps that's why I'm trying to look for adjustable so it won't compress so much and becomes even lower.
I'm actually trying to survey for a brand that is trust worthy and good. Like what vr2turbo say the Monroe absorber became soft and I don't want that to happen if I purchase an adjustable. And I also hear HWL absorbers leaks. So ya.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

If you think ATR Sports is grippy, you have not tried grippy tyres yet......hhahahhahaha:rofl:

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

Ok, good since you understand what we are talking about.
For me, if want to change suspension take the full package. Like you started with springs, now absorber don't match.
If you take Hi Lo you cannot change the damping rate, you can adjust high and Low only.
If you take full package at least you can change the height, spring rate, and damping rate. This means you can adjust to soft on daily drive and max it out on track day.
However adjusting height may require some work, damping rate for front is easy but for some sedan the rear requires removing the back seat like mine...:banghead:
Haha ya I do understand about sport springs Hilo and Hilo softhard. I would much prefer Hilo softhard because of the adjustable damping rates.
I just hope someone can recommend me a reliable one. Cause there's many brands but not so reliable and the feel of the adjustable a can be too bumpy for some and maintain some comfort for some.
Which brand would you recommend if I love taking corners like going up Genting most of the weekends and still drive on a daily basis and sometimes fetch my family?

What brand is good or not good, also depends on luck. Some use A got problem, some use B also got problem.
I actually used Top Perfect the makers of HWL. The rears are custom-ed by them, the front at that time they don't have for my VR so they rebuild my original absorbers. Cut open change the internals. The rears have lasted 10 years now, gone soft but no leaks. The fronts were rebuild-ed after 4 years, and until now still good, maybe soft a bit. This set have now been transferred to my Hyundai Sonata III which actually fits...hahhaha
My VR is now on D2 suspension. Got them second hand from a Super Saloon owner who later decided not to do the VR engine transplant to his car. The fronts used for 6 months, the rears was in his store room so practically new....Let me check if still got pictures of them

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Got them

My old HWL rear suspension

Old fronts which was rebuilt

New D2 front at that time

New Rears at that time

Myvi? Why the fuck for. Its like buying Nike when you are an amputee then expect to be able to walk faster.

brandylau

Jan 5, 2015
Myvi? Why the fuck for. Its like buying Nike when you are an amputee then expect to be able to walk faster.
Well some people have to just work with what they have now and What I have now is a myvi. And I like driving fast and taking corners on track days. So it's not about the car but about the passion for cars.

LittleWhiteWagon

Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Well some people have to just work with what they have now and What I have now is a myvi. And I like driving fast and taking corners on track days. So it's not about the car but about the passion for cars.
Not everyone can accept that sadly.

BC's are nice for the price. I got my V1's below 2k, but I'm not sure how much they would cost for your myvi.

Volkswagen Passenger Cars Malaysia VPCM has announced a price reduction on their new cars in light of the sales tax exemption which will take place from:

15th June till 31st December 2020

View attachment 578001

Locally assembled VWs:
  • Polo, Vento, Tiguan and Passat
Fully Imported VWs:
  • Golf, Golf R-Line, Golf GTI, Golf R
Sales tax exemption savings example:
  • RM3,881 – Tiguan
  • RM6,133 – Passat
  • RM4,884 – Golf R-Line
Below...