Any aftermarket brake kit to fit in stock 18" Lancer GT rims?

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Hi all,

As per title mentioned, i am looking for aftermarket brake kit that can be fitted within our 18" Lancer stock rims. Reason i am doing so is to avoid as many attention as possible like car theft ... I got a colleague whose Wira got stolen just after one night when upgraded to bigger brake kit ... I know this might have no relation between brake kit and car theft, but i just wanna avoid as much as attention.

Any recommendation ?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Am I reading this incorrectly?

The TS wanted to use aftermarket brake kit (instead of using standard ones) to avoid attention and possibly to prevent car theft?:confused:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
why dont u invest in high end security locknuts?
I din know there are security locknuts for stock wheels. Please enlighten me, if there is i will most certain getting it along with upgraded braking systems.

Am I reading this incorrectly?

The TS wanted to use aftermarket brake kit (instead of using standard ones) to avoid attention and possibly to prevent car theft?:confused:
YES you are reading it correctly. Sometimes big brake kit with shining colours and large rotors attract certain attentions. One of my colleague's car was stolen just one day after installing VTTR mini 6 pots brake caliper ... I know there is no relation and possibly my colleague's car has been targeted long before he installed the brakes.

So , i wanted to upgrade my braking system as well as retaining my stock wheels to keep my car as low profile as possible. Stock looking should able to lower down the chances of my car being hijacked ... I am playing on the safe site

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
I din know there are security locknuts for stock wheels. Please enlighten me, if there is i will most certain getting it along with upgraded braking systems.
im unsure whether the std rim's nuts are cone/tapered type.
like mcgard, their locknuts are tapered end type (im not sure if they ever produce the flat ones).

so far, a set of those locknuts kept my rims safe and if the thief cant open the rims definitely he cant get near to my bbk.

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
Hi all,

As per title mentioned, i am looking for aftermarket brake kit that can be fitted within our 18" Lancer stock rims. Reason i am doing so is to avoid as many attention as possible like car theft ... I got a colleague whose Wira got stolen just after one night when upgraded to bigger brake kit ... I know this might have no relation between brake kit and car theft, but i just wanna avoid as much as attention.

Any recommendation ?
Let's get back here..
Well mit, there's few good brands and also there are few normal brand that you may consider. Basically 18'' inch is huge, and it would never be a problem to retro fit an AP Racing Oversize brake kit, it'll fit.
So far i've heard the considerable brands are AP Racing and VTTR, but the other's have lesser reviews, therefore, i cannot help that much to tell you about it. But as long as the brake kit are 300mm-335mm you'll make the clearance. I've heard about AXT recently, they say quite ok ok la.

Oh btw, when you install this aftermarket brake system, trust me, thief would be on a look out for it.
Therefore, it comes with a package if you want to install the brake kit. You would need:
- Lock nuts,lug nuts? which are totally for security.
-some good car security with immobilizer or probably alarm with a sensor where they detect if a buffalo pass by the car, it will alert you that the buffalo is nearby the car.
-Please park it inside the house with clutch lock or brake lock and steering wheels lock and maybe if can detach the steering wheel too..
Make sure the thief see's the car and he would scratch his head on so many lock needed to be open. Plus if he touch the car, the car would create the most annoying sound in the world.

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

YES you are reading it correctly. Sometimes big brake kit with shining colours and large rotors attract certain attentions. One of my colleague's car was stolen just one day after installing VTTR mini 6 pots brake caliper ... I know there is no relation and possibly my colleague's car has been targeted long before he installed the brakes.

So , i wanted to upgrade my braking system as well as retaining my stock wheels to keep my car as low profile as possible. Stock looking should able to lower down the chances of my car being hijacked ... I am playing on the safe site

nahhhh...no matter how discreet your "aftermarket/performance" brake disc and caliper upgrade, it would stand out...even with any wheel stock/oem u've got......

perhaps the only way to cover it is by using steel rim with plastic cover :rofl:

the best option for upgrading your brake is by using better performance brake pad and hope it was enough.... :idea:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
nahhhh...no matter how discreet your "aftermarket/performance" brake disc and caliper upgrade, it would stand out...even with any wheel stock/oem u've got......

perhaps the only way to cover it is by using steel rim with plastic cover :rofl:

the best option for upgrading your brake is by using better performance brake pad and hope it was enough.... :idea:
Or spray the brakes brownish black like it is covered in brake dust......lol:rofl:

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006

maybe just pads and addition of braided hoses are not enough bro. haha.
thats why TS straight away pointed to bbk.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
rusty looking caliper.......with lots of brake dust on the rims......

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Dear all,

Very appreciate to those who gave me valuable recommendation. So far here is my mods done to the brakes:

1.) All stainless steel braided brake hoses
2.) VTTR 294mm oversize disc rotor and brake pad
3.) DOT4 brake fluid (it may not be a mod)

The brakes are ok but i am upgrading the brake system to prepare my car for bolt on turbo project with CVT gearbox. I am looking at 200hp at the crank.

I have seen a Wira installed VTTR mini 6 pots and using stock rims. Unsure whether that fella is using any spacers or not. I will try my best to avoid spacers because i am easily irritated by steering vibrations.

Let's get back here..
Well mit, there's few good brands and also there are few normal brand that you may consider. Basically 18'' inch is huge, and it would never be a problem to retro fit an AP Racing Oversize brake kit, it'll fit.
So far i've heard the considerable brands are AP Racing and VTTR, but the other's have lesser reviews, therefore, i cannot help that much to tell you about it. But as long as the brake kit are 300mm-335mm you'll make the clearance. I've heard about AXT recently, they say quite ok ok la.

Oh btw, when you install this aftermarket brake system, trust me, thief would be on a look out for it.
Therefore, it comes with a package if you want to install the brake kit. You would need:
- Lock nuts,lug nuts? which are totally for security.
-some good car security with immobilizer or probably alarm with a sensor where they detect if a buffalo pass by the car, it will alert you that the buffalo is nearby the car.
-Please park it inside the house with clutch lock or brake lock and steering wheels lock and maybe if can detach the steering wheel too..
Make sure the thief see's the car and he would scratch his head on so many lock needed to be open. Plus if he touch the car, the car would create the most annoying sound in the world.
FYI I am still appreciate my steering with airbag, so detach it would be very bad idea :rofl:. But this is a good mod if i am really going into tracking the car in future. Stock alarm system is well enough so i will skip the upgrade. As for lock nuts ... i will visit the nearest tyre shop and consult them to see whether they carry anything like it or not.

As for AXT, so far what i have seen is only disc rotors, brake pads, and turbo kits. Haven't seen brake caliper. Mind telling me where is this AXT came from? I know speedworks carry them.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
How about Brembos from Evo X?
But like many have mentioned above, forget about not attracting attention coz thieves will definitely still notice any mods when they're targeting cars. It's all about the game of risk, how much can you minimize your own risk and increase the thief's risk when stealing your car.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,
anyone have the measurement for arc super induction box:hmmmm:...might wanna build 1 for 4G93.

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Hi all,
anyone have the measurement for arc super induction box:hmmmm:...might wanna build 1 for 4G93.
attached in sketch drawing of own version

please help give idea...filter goin to use...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience