Advice on buying R35 GTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
He got the $$$, we don't have.....:bawling:
yeah, sad sad case....

MAybe the TS has been saving ever since her was young. Now his piggy bank is full of money.
We should learn from our 1st lady, she said that she could buy diamonds becoz she has a habit of saving money.......since early age.

I must make sure my 2 years old boy-boy save his money........so he could buy Beemer when he is at secondary school...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
just finish formed 6 means, havent got a job...........and wanted to by GTR oredi?? Wah so lucky......
I also finished form 6 two years ago. R35? I don't even dare to think about it. Even something like B16A Civic or 4A-GE Corolla also I can't afford. Yes, even modded KE70 is also out of range. :banghead:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
can have R35.....but in 1:24 scale.
Some ppl are so lucky devils....

When I finish uni, i still ride kapchai.....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
can have R35.....but in 1:24 scale.
Some ppl are so lucky devils....
Even if get the real thing for free, maintaining it will be hell.

Imagine using that as daily car. For someone just after form 6 which is 20 years old, I can say that people in this age demographic are usually busy with things like outings with friends. So, you're going to use this R35 to go here and there for yum cha sessions with friends or movies. Imagine driving a 3.8 litre twin turbo AWD car around. Petrol bill will be one hell of an amount. Next, the size of R35 is not exactly small and you're going to use that to go around shopping mall parking lots, busy streets and so on in KL. Parking is difficult for sure. Since you're always using the car, service interval will be shorter as well. Everything will be expensive for R35. I heard one set of tyres (Potenza RE070R) for R35 can cost almost RM10k. After all these, there comes the time of the year again where you will need to renew your roadtax and insurance which will also cost a bomb...

So, think back again... Still want a R35 despite all these maintenance costs?

Last edited:

ColinLee

Known Member
Sep 19, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I also finished form 6 two years ago. R35? I don't even dare to think about it. Even something like B16A Civic or 4A-GE Corolla also I can't afford. Yes, even modded KE70 is also out of range. :banghead:
Couldn't agree more, though save up money to own a vehicle *actually it was impossible*. First was thinking KE70 but then Proton Saga 1985, anything price around RM4000 but think again car around those era mostly where rust and/or not maintain well at least RM10k only can find a proper car(also in case the car got anything happens, also thanks for those thread that taught me well :adore:).

To TS, yes I heard a lot of people around 15 to 18 Form 3 to Form 6 says they could afford(including my friend), some even say they might get loan to buy a car more than RM100k. But Renesis did mention, do you think maintaining car are cheap? Even Proton Saga need to maintain well only you could enjoy the power. If your father are multi-millionaire or whatsoever, forget what I say then. Wish you enjoy your 2015 Nissan GT-R

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Couldn't agree more, though save up money to own a vehicle *actually it was impossible*. First was thinking KE70 but then Proton Saga 1985, anything price around RM4000 but think again car around those era mostly where rust and/or not maintain well at least RM10k only can find a proper car(also in case the car got anything happens, also thanks for those thread that taught me well :adore:).

To TS, yes I heard a lot of people around 15 to 18 Form 3 to Form 6 says they could afford(including my friend), some even say they might get loan to buy a car more than RM100k. But Renesis did mention, do you think maintaining car are cheap? Even Proton Saga need to maintain well only you could enjoy the power. If your father are multi-millionaire or whatsoever, forget what I say then. Wish you enjoy your 2015 Nissan GT-R
KE70 is very old. If you get stock ones, those are probably poorly maintained and needed a lot of replacement for parts. As for modded ones, probably more parts are replaced but then, price for a modded KE70 is high as well. Then you have to think about fuel consumption from the swapped engine even if it is just a 4A-GE...

You're right about even Saga needs maintenance to enjoy the power. Like my car for example. Just a 4G15 Wira, nothing fancy. Owned by my family for 15 years until it is passed down to me last year. Car is well taken care with regular service. But then, since I got the car until today, over RM1k has been poured into the car just for maintenance. Although there is no major problems, but small things do start to break down here and there (as to be expected for a 15 years old car). No choice, had to repair it to prevent things from getting worst and also for a peace of mind.

Back to R35 topic... Fine, R35 is indeed newer than my Wira of course so the probably of having faulty parts is lower. However, this is R35 Nissan GT-R we're talking about not Proton Wira with locally manufactured parts. Most parts for R35 are specially made and mostly from Japan I believe. So, you can imagine if just one part in the car breaks down which might affect the overall usability of the car... Replacement parts is expensive for sure. But that's not the end yet. Again I repeat, this is R35 GT-R not Proton. You think any random ah beng workshop can work on the repairs for R35? How about the availability of spare parts? I don't think most spare parts shop have readily available parts for R35. Parts need to be ordered which means you need to wait for a specific time before you can get the car to be ready again.

What I'm basically trying to say is, things aren't as easy as they seem to be. Try and think more from different perspectives before rushing out to buy something so expensive like a car. Anyway, it is up to the TS whether he wants to take my word or not since I'm not much older than he is...

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
Thanks for your compliment but I felt that I still have much more to learn in other aspects before I am really considered to be mature. Just 21 years old only...
Not sure if TS is actually talking about the real thing.. i've been watching this thread for quite some time already.
To TS, buying a car is not and will never be like buying a phone.
Where you buy one time and thats it, nothing else to cover.
When you buy a car, the PRICE TAG is one thing, the MAINTENENCE is another thing..
If your dad is rich then i'm sure he can calculate this well.
This is my 2.0 litre celica turbo ya..yours will be 3.8 Twin Turbo so almost double,lets put it that way.

Fuel consumption:My fuel is RM 220 per month,working at Auto Bavaria Glenmarie and my home is in Subang Jaya,it's so near only, RM220 is including petrol expense for dinner with fiancee 3 times a month,petrol expense dating another 3 times a month,go out a total of 6 times a month and no yum cha with friends.
Your GTR will be: Yum Cha all day long almost 30 days a month will be around RM440++ maybe more.
my 2.0 litre turbo consume RM10 for 40KM, your one will be RM25 per 40KM.

Maintenence: My maintenence cost me around RM700 per 10,000KM, i have to say, my parts is consider average, not too cheap, not too expensive.
Your parts: Probably RM1000 per 10,000KM (I dont know)
My tires all 4 is RM1800.
Your Tires: RM10K ++ (As someone said earlier)
My breakdown if any shit happens: RM5000 (MAXIMUM if engine suddenly overheat requires major overhaul)
Your one: RM10,000 (MINIMUM if any shit happens).

Total expenses a year for my car (Not including upgrades):
RM4700,consist of 4 times service of RM700 each: RM2800 + Wear & Tear Parts along the year.
Your expenses all year around will almost reach RM10,000 (maybe not enough).

Think wisely TS,you may have a rich dad to buy you a car, but if it meant that they are going to buy a car for you, fill up RON97 for you everyday, fix the car if something is wrong somewhere, everything they do for your car, put it this way, YOU ARE NOT INDEPENDANT, because, if one day, you fight or argue with your parents and they chase you out or shun you away, you are in a deep shit.

Last but not least, please please, once you got the car, don't go around telling people.
'I BOUGHT WITH MY OWN MONEY'.
We are not dumb. I know how my friends are since i'm 22, around your age.

Last edited:

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Not sure if TS is actually talking about the real thing.. i've been watching this thread for quite some time already.
When you buy a car, the PRICE TAG is one thing, the MAINTENENCE is another thing..
This is my 2.0 litre celica turbo ya..yours will be 3.8 Twin Turbo so almost double,lets put it that way.

Fuel consumption:My fuel is RM 220 per month,working at Auto Bavaria Glenmarie and my home is in Subang Jaya,it's so near only, RM220 is including petrol expense for dinner with fiancee 3 times a month,petrol expense dating another 3 times a month,go out a total of 6 times a month and no yum cha with friends.
Your GTR will be: Yum Cha all day long almost 30 days a month will be around RM440++ maybe more.

Maintenence: My maintenence cost me around RM700 per 10,000KM, i have to say, my parts is consider average, not too cheap, not too expensive.
My breakdown if any shit happens: RM5000 (MAXIMUM if engine suddenly overheat requires major overhaul)

RM4700,consist of 4 times service of RM700 each: RM2800 + Wear & Tear Parts along the year.

Think wisely TS,you may have a rich dad to buy you a car, but if it meant that they are going to buy a car for you, fill up RON97 for you everyday, fix the car if something is wrong somewhere, everything they do for your car, put it this way, YOU ARE NOT INDEPENDANT, because, if one day, you fight or argue with your parents and they chase you out or shun you away, you are in a deep shit.

Last but not least, please please, once you got the car, don't go around telling people.
Bro yumcah.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

You should mention as well that yours is 2 litre inline 4 while R35 is 3.8 litre V6 Twin Turbo. BTW, you Celica is AWD as well?

I'm impressed with you. 22 years old and owning a Celica turbo now. :adore:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yeah, sad sad case....

MAybe the TS has been saving ever since her was young. Now his piggy bank is full of money.
We should learn from our 1st lady, she said that she could buy diamonds becoz she has a habit of saving money.......since early age.

I must make sure my 2 years old boy-boy save his money........so he could buy Beemer when he is at secondary school...
Your 2 year old pocket allowance must be huge :adore:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

HI, could i just throw this question to the public, changed my halfcut gb n now my gear gaiter (the leather that covers the gear console) looks like skin torn from alien queen, coz it's greyish n doesn't match my dashboard at all!!!

was trying 2 look for matching gear gaither (black or brown) will do, but failed 2 get so, anyway, since the existing gaiter is still fairly good, is there any possible way to dye/perm/change the colour of the stupid leather????

fyi, have went 2 several...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience