Front windscreen polishing

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yes, if silicone wipers last lounger. Some good type even add on to the windscreen.....:biggrin:
Guess mine is good type :rofl: Last me many months even without car wash...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
PIAA?....:biggrin:
PIAA wipers after some use will leave behind some silicon or something on the windscreen that's better than RainX. Don't use both. Pointless.
PIAA, just afraid ppl steal only since is such an expensive wiper. Since car fish is parked outside. Unless Jetta then still okay.

In covered car park and also inside the house.

There is one more brand seems got warranty for 2 years...
DuraEdge. Review of their products sounds real good but how good if put to test I'm not sure.

Anyone use before? Doesn't cost as much as PIAA but not as cheap as those RM20 per piece..about RM50 per piece I think

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
PIAA wipers after some use will leave behind some silicon or something on the windscreen that's better than RainX. Don't use both. Pointless.
My unbranded silicone wipers does the same, probably the effect won't last as long as the PIAA ones, but good enough. Anyway, the wipers are still in use after 4 years....:adore:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
My unbranded silicone wipers does the same, probably the effect won't last as long as the PIAA ones, but good enough. Anyway, the wipers are still in use after 4 years....:adore:
Mine was on offer. RM20 for 2 pieces.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
PIAA, just afraid ppl steal only since is such an expensive wiper. Since car fish is parked outside. Unless Jetta then still okay.

DuraEdge. Review of their products sounds real good but how good if put to test I'm not sure.

Anyone use before? Doesn't cost as much as PIAA but not as cheap as those RM20 per piece..about RM50 per piece I think
Here is the story, after which see whether worth or not.
Dura Edge started out with lifetime warranty. My ex colleague was using, claim twice. Both times if not mistaken is the end gave way and wiper rubber comes out. Then later batches came with 5 years warranty, and lately they only come with 2 years warranty. My RM20 silicone also use for 4 years and still using, so why bother....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Mine was on offer. RM20 for 2 pieces.
Whole wipers or just the silicone rubber?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Here is the story, after which see whether worth or not.
Dura Edge started out with lifetime warranty. My ex colleague was using, claim twice. Both times if not mistaken is the end gave way and wiper rubber comes out. Then later batches came with 5 years warranty, and lately they only come with 2 years warranty. My RM20 silicone also use for 4 years and still using, so why bother....:biggrin:

Whole wipers or just the silicone rubber?
Whole Wiper. The one Kelisa and Jetta Using. So far so good. Kelisa funny thing got sound sometimes.
But Jetta smooth only..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

If you're smart, :thefinger: you'll do what I did. Alcohol wipe off the PIAA branding and modify the clip so it's not easily removable. Both my cars are on PIAA and the Myvi has been using it for close to 3 years now still going strong. And the windscreen is coated with some sort of repellant or something from the wiper. It works great to disperse water.

There's this brand - I forgot the name that still offers lifetime warranty and they'll send a dispatch bike to your location to install / swap / change / warranty your wipers. RM80+ per pair. Whilst it's great it has warranty and all, and PIAA doesn't - the fact that I've never had to claim anything from PIAA means it's a one time deal. Just need to maintain it by wiping off the particles on the screen so it doesn't affect the wiper when in movement.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
If you're smart, :thefinger: you'll do what I did. Alcohol wipe off the PIAA branding and modify the clip so it's not easily removable. Both my cars are on PIAA and the Myvi has been using it for close to 3 years now still going strong. And the windscreen is coated with some sort of repellant or something from the wiper. It works great to disperse water.

There's this brand - I forgot the name that still offers lifetime warranty and they'll send a dispatch bike to your location to install / swap / change / warranty your wipers. RM80+ per pair. Whilst it's great it has warranty and all, and PIAA doesn't - the fact that I've never had to claim anything from PIAA means it's a one time deal. Just need to maintain it by wiping off the particles on the screen so it doesn't affect the wiper when in movement.
Need to see again how u modify the clip to be sure I don't do it wrong. But cheap one still going strong. Wait till the current one wears off 1st

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bro, how do you know that powdery substance is dirt or ground sponge? is it necessary to clay first before polishing?
If you do not feel any surface contaminants on the glass then no need to clay. Mine had some paint over spray.
Those are dust from dried up polish....

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Need to see again how u modify the clip to be sure I don't do it wrong. But cheap one still going strong. Wait till the current one wears off 1st
People know those are PIAA and cannot remove they will be like the CRV driver bend your wiper arms....:thefinger:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, where can i get adapters for open pod air filter , to be fitted with my original airfilter hose. (mivec engine)

The hose is 4 inches in diameter. Most accessories shop dont have the adapter, they only sell the air filter and then ask us to find the adapter ourself, except for apexi air filter.

I'm planning to buy an airfilter which has 6 inch inlet, and then i need the adapter to convert it from 6 inch become 4 inch

Chop shop have these adapters ar ?

Hope to hear from u guys soon :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience