facing a problem no car enthusiast should ever face

Swifterific

Known Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
cockroaches... sigh

my beloved car has had a few problems with this particular species. I sprayed the whole car and left it for a few days and it seemed to work. no more tiny cockroaches. that was a few months ago.

Today i went to the back seat to grab something and i saw a big cockroach dead on the floor. i nearly cried (i am a man and i hate cockroaches) what should i do guys;

A: Set fire and burn the car to the ground (most reasonable answer)

B: Sell the car and buy a new one (not possible)

C: Make friends with the cockroaches (no freaking way)

D: Get pandan leaves.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Find the source of the problem. Food in the car? Eat in the car? Lots of paper products in the car?

Burning the car in a fiery accident (rock on accelerator pedal) into a tree would be the best solution.

Failing that I suggest pandan leaves and ridsect cockroach trap.

Swifterific

Known Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Find the source of the problem. Food in the car? Eat in the car? Lots of paper products in the car?

Burning the car in a fiery accident (rock on accelerator pedal) into a tree would be the best solution.

Failing that I suggest pandan leaves and ridsect cockroach trap.

I never allow people to eat in my car, even my gf. she gets angry but i dont care. im a lovable bf.

Wah cannot have paper ke? is that a source as well? i will throw out every single paper in my car. Or maybe the papers can be used to flame the fire to burn the car. hmm. The rock on the pedal might be a good idea too but im afraid the cockroaches would take the car for a spin around gohtong. susah nanti.

pandan leaves and cockroach trap it is then.

Swifterific

Known Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah. Get those sticky traps, it will work. But don't expect it to be long term though.
Mine is different, I have a few spiders. Webs here and there :bawling:
Why wouldnt it be long term :bawling: i want to get rid of it forever. I'll leave pandan leaves in my car for as long as i own it. I'll put pandan leaves in the aircond vents, under the seats, in the spare tyre compartment, in the exhaust (ok maybe not)

Whoa. I dont know which one is worse; cockroaches or spiders. We should have a competition between them.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Kill the source. You likely have a nest in the car. Find some time, some brave friends and strip the car interior bare and find where the nest is, get rid of it and you're done.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
spray half a can of aerosol into your cabin & boot, leave it overnight, next day send for car wash & vacuuming,
then place a handful of pandan leaves under your seat.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Forget those environment friendly pandan leaf or those lemon grass. Roaches are damn hardy (can tolerate heat, drought, and can tahan long starvation). They didnt survived millions of years for no reason....

I think those suggested leafy green are too mild to control the roaches.
Instead, use mothballs, or Ridsect....eventhough the smell is almost intolerable at times

Sorry to say, if you have babies roaches in the car, this is an indication your car has becoming a habitat already.

BTW, where is your normally park your car?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
U might want to seal the outside air vent flap shut.
Thats the best option as nothing can get into the cabin.

when parking at home or anywhere,do not wind down your window.
Like bro danz said,half a can of aerosol and leave it overnight.

If u have the time,strip the interior except the dash as u dont want a headache in the future when u cant assemble it back or it rattle.spray half a can of ridsect and leave it overnight.

i would:
-seal the vent
-strip the interior
-spray aerosol which does not smell like it can kill u
-leave overnight
-vacuum the fallout
-vacuum the seat outside the car
-reinstall the interior

u get a car free from roach and a cleaned interior in one go.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Forget those environment friendly pandan leaf or those lemon grass. Roaches are damn hardy (can tolerate heat, drought, and can tahan long starvation). They didnt survived millions of years for no reason....

I think those suggested leafy green are too mild to control the roaches.
Instead, use mothballs, or Ridsect....eventhough the smell is almost intolerable at times

Sorry to say, if you have babies roaches in the car, this is an indication your car has becoming a habitat already.

BTW, where is your normally park your car?
I disagree. Pandan leaves is effective to prevent cockroaches, not to kill them. I've been using pandan leaves in my house for years. Rooms, kitchen, toilets..

To TS, if you can get free pandan leaves, give it a try. Put them into the cabin and boot, and expose the car under bright sun light. The heat will cook the leaves to release a chemical that cockroaches hate. The problem is after that your car will smell like pandan leaves.

Or send to those fogging services lor

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

as per advertised in Traffic Magazine, the Japan GT issue (red)

damn nice (IMO) artwork...
any comments to improve?

and the Traffic Magazine topic..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience