Perdana 6a13tt vs A31 RB20/25

Dec 13, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Perdana 6a12tt vs A31 RB20/25

Hi Guys,

I am new here and i hope you can help me out with some info and personal opinions.
I am planing to buy my first turbo car (with budget "within 20k":bawling:) and from what i see i have 2 options either twin turbo perdana 6a12tt or A31 rb20 (or rb25 if i got really lucky to find one with that price ).
for me i would love to try RWD car for a change "have some fun ", but since i didnt drive one for a long period am not sure about its pros and cons.
I have tried twin turbo perdana before, its newer and not difficult to control but from what i know "if am not mistaken" there isnt much you can do with 6a12tt engine "i mean in terms of modification if i wanted later on".

note:i am not an evo fan (its more expensive to obtain and i want somethin more than 4 cylinders :biggrin::biggrin:) .

I hope you guys can help me out to decide, mostly my questions are::confused::confused:
which one will be faster perdana 6a12tt or A31 rb20/rb25 assuming all of them stock?
which one is more reliable and cheaper to maintain?
any other personal views suggestions are welcomed also...

Thank you for your time in advance...

Last edited:

wkwoo69

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
my personal views. Either choice is a Frankenstein and you will need to deal with the attendant issues re wiring especially. Regardless. RB series has many tuning options as you know already I'm sure. A31, though older than Perdana, is much better built. Compare the weight of their bonnets and seats for example. Frankly, if you want to improve as a driver, the Perdana is a waste of time. Learn RWD slowly and carefully and you will have immense satisfaction. I am not saying FF is not good; I had a Honda and they can be very very good. The Perdana with said engine just isnt. All the best.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
it is illegal to plonk in 6a13tt into perdana, so far only heard 1 perdana had it legally endorsed but u wouldn't wanna know how much money he invested into it.

yes its true 6a13tt has not many parts lying around at halfcuts, haven't even seen aftermarket parts for that engine as well.

I prefer a31 with Rb25. if RB20 forget bout it

other option is to get perdana evo3.

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
it is illegal to plonk in 6a13tt into perdana, so far only heard 1 perdana had it legally endorsed but u wouldn't wanna know how much money he invested into it.

yes its true 6a13tt has not many parts lying around at halfcuts, haven't even seen aftermarket parts for that engine as well.

I prefer a31 with Rb25. if RB20 forget bout it

other option is to get perdana evo3.
yes it is illegal to plonk in 6a13tt, but it can be legal by using legal or illegal way. :biggrin:

parts for 6a13tt nowadays already easy to source. price wise, much cheaper than 6a12tt.

it is your choice to go for a FWD or RWD, depend on your purposes. but if you decide to get the perdana 6a13tt, make sure you strengthen the chassis 1st, especially the front part.

Another thing, perdana's maintenance will be higher than owning an older nissan. + 6a13tt summore, just make sure you're not buying a lemon :burnout:

Last edited:

crazyme

Dec 13, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Thank you for you comments everybody .
sorry i got you confused the perdana engine i meant was 6a12tt (eterna twin turbo)..
Sorry :banghead:

wkwoo69

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
have you driven either of these cars before? If not, perhaps this will help your decision. Personally, the A31 is the better choice.

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
is there any particular reason for you disliking the 6a12tt.??

Previously he is an owner of a healthy, clean and beautiful 6a12tt. Btw 6a12tt is not meant for pickup. But i have seen a stock 6a12tt drag timing on par with mods evos, it's more to driver skills.

But if you have steel balls, maintaining 200++ along the highway is not an issue with 6a12tt.

Maintenance wise, it is just the same like maintaining a Perdana V6 + 2 snails.

crazyme

Dec 13, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
have you driven either of these cars before? If not, perhaps this will help your decision. Personally, the A31 is the better choice.
I had driven a 6a12tt perdana for 2 days before, it was fun . However, i didn't driver A31 before or any turbo charged rwd car before so i cant imagine how it will feel , that is why i am a bit unsettled.

wkwoo69

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
you mentioned you drove a RWD before right? The feeling of a turbo one is similar. The A31 is a good choice to get the hang of performance RWD. It is not as snappy as S13-15 nor is it as darty as MX-5. A31 gives a lot of warning before it breaks rear traction. To save cost, stick with RB20DET as the engine is cheap. When you get the hang of it then you can go 25 or 26, the sky is the limit. If you really want to try one, why not call a seller whose car looks good for you and just be honest about wanting to sit in it and drive it too if he or she is fine wih it. That's part of the test / demo process for a sale too,

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey, anyone know where to get the signal lamp for front bumper version 5. :( park in KLCC car park the uncle aunty reverse car that time smash it !! got the scratch mark in my bumper !! :angry:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience