The most suitable tyre

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I used to be stuck to Falken those days on the VR when using 16" because Hup Shun boss manage to get very cheap for me. Then when switch to 17" I migrated from brand to brand, moving from Yoko, Falken, GY, Toyo, Stiletto, to GT Radial and so on testing them out....:biggrin:
last time falken 912 oso AA traction until the move production to indon.
even bridgestone my-02 only B rating.so much for 'sporty' style written on its sidewall.
super lousy,easily loses grip.even my ecopia arent like that.

sti remember long time ago at a traffic light in batu berendam.a nissan 350 stop beside me and was admiring his huge 20 something rim with super thin tyre.me and my bro was admiring it until we burst out loughing when our eyes sees the word 'Nankang' on the tyre's side wall.

a friend of mine was using the T1R when he urgently need to replace 2 tyre due to critical wear and damage.since no budget he opt for deestone.dunno which model.AA traction rating.was loughing with him as we recall our dream of owning a tyre shop where we only sell hih end brand...hahahah

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
even bridgestone my-02 only B rating.so much for 'sporty' style written on its sidewall.

sti remember long time ago at a traffic light in batu berendam.a nissan 350 stop beside me and was admiring his huge 20 something rim with super thin tyre.me and my bro was admiring it until we burst out loughing when our eyes sees the word 'Nankang' on the tyre's side wall.

a friend of mine was using the T1R when he urgently need to replace 2 tyre due to critical wear and damage.since no budget he opt for deestone.dunno which model.AA traction rating.was loughing with him as we recall our dream of owning a tyre shop where we only sell hih end brand...hahahah
Falken ZE-912 is Ziex range, the ones I used was the Azenis range under UHP category. Yup, the 912 some how drop to A rating later on...:hmmmm:
The MY-02 is Sports Touring tyre, meaning is Touring but look Sporty, not sure what BS trying to do. No AQ Donut and no whatever top their range tyres have....:stupid:

Deestone from Thailand, wait until you see Linglong, Sailun, HiFly, Zeta, Wanli then you will be ROFL....:rofl::rofl:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I can say that too. "If I do not know u, I would still be stuck with Michelin" :rofl: and I won't be screeching those tyres if I did not join those guys for Touge TT but glad I did as I get to know how much can my tyres take and understand the car and tyre better on how much punishment it can take.

I would give thumbs up to PP2 but not to say very grippy if compare to many performance tyres, and still did manage to get it screech a little but it was a lot better than the XM2 which is quite unfair to compare it with PP2 though :rofl:

Will try ATR Sports 2 next on Jetta. I think Kelisa I would remain the same. Since not much choice of performance tyres that is quite an all rounder for this size.
Good tires is not all about grip only but also about how predictable they are when loosing grip. I'd rather use less grippy tires but will loose grip more progressively and easy to catch rather than a higher grip one but then can snap on the limit and caught you by surprise.

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

Some people is all about showing off only! I've seen plenty of those, like last time I saw a Vellfire using 19' bling rims but with unknown tires (probably one of those lousy cheapo ones from China)! :stupid:
Me, I'd rather use 16-17' rims only but try to buy the best tire I can. In fact my tires cost me more than my used, old style rims (even though they're forged JDM rims).

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Good tires is not all about grip only but also about how predictable they are when loosing grip. I'd rather use less grippy tires but will loose grip more progressively and easy to catch rather than a higher grip one but then can snap on the limit and caught you by surprise.

Some people is all about showing off only! I've seen plenty of those, like last time I saw a Vellfire using 19' bling rims but with unknown tires (probably one of those lousy cheapo ones from China)! :stupid:
Me, I'd rather use 16-17' rims only but try to buy the best tire I can. In fact my tires cost me more than my used, old style rims (even though they're forged JDM rims).
True on that, so best get a grippy tyre that will also loose grip more progressively and easy to catch then :biggrin: I tried XM2, is predictable but cant get the grip that I expected it to take.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
True on that, so best get a grippy tyre that will also loose grip more progressively and easy to catch then :biggrin: I tried XM2, is predictable but cant get the grip that I expected it to take.
Aiyoh! entry level tyres you want high performance grip.....:banghead::banghead:

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Yup, seen many, pay for real nice rims, but use cheap or even second hand tyres......:banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Aiyoh! entry level tyres you want high performance grip.....:banghead::banghead:

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Yup, seen many, pay for real nice rims, but use cheap or even second hand tyres......:banghead:
Haha! Yala, that's why didnt go all out with them. More of a leisure drive this time.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Have to soup up your suspension then tyre and rims before going faster. Probably the brakes too....Trestor......hahhahahhahahahhaaa:rofl:
Adi lock my aim on ATR Sports 2. Not as good as RE002 or Toyo Proxes T1R but then the rating is quite close to both. Best is that the tyre wear rating his higher too. Well for the price we pay, if can be 90% as good as those 2. I think is more than enough to ask for

Ya suspension and tyres especially. Bars maybe later. Trestor yes. Haha!
Or use Endless brake system. :rofl:

Actually maybe can convert to twin-pot

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Why cannot Nankang ah? NS2 or NS2R

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Adi lock my aim on ATR Sports 2. Not as good as RE002 or Toyo Proxes T1R but then the rating is quite close to both. Best is that the tyre wear rating his higher too. Well for the price we pay, if can be 90% as good as those 2. I think is more than enough to ask for

Ya suspension and tyres especially. Bars maybe later. Trestor yes. Haha!
Or use Endless brake system. :rofl:

Actually maybe can convert to twin-pot
You trying to be on budget mah! Trestor is cheaper. Endless and twin pot some more, wallet big hole....hahahhahahaha
ATR Sports 2 have not tried so don't know how many % loh.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

Why cannot Nankang ah? NS2 or NS2R
NS2 is normal tyres only....

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Fuyo like this i don't wana come out dy, kena burst laughing at my tyre later.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
You trying to be on budget mah! Trestor is cheaper. Endless and twin pot some more, wallet big hole....hahahhahahaha
ATR Sports 2 have not tried so don't know how many % loh.....:biggrin:

NS2 is normal tyres only....
Ya NS2 I saw is just normal tyre and the threadwear seems very low as well.
I say only...Endless is so expensive :rofl: If convert twin pot from other cars still possible.

Even ur VR is not using twin pot right?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya NS2 I saw is just normal tyre and the threadwear seems very low as well.
I say only...Endless is so expensive :rofl: If convert twin pot from other cars still possible.

Even ur VR is not using twin pot right?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Mine is original twin pot, all transfer from my half potong mah!......:rofl:

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

I thought yours is KU36, right? Good stuff mah!:burnout:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Mine is original twin pot, all transfer from my half potong mah!......:rofl:

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

I thought yours is KU36, right? Good stuff mah!:burnout:
my 4pot actually same as hilux 4pot...cheap to source brakepad and repair kit.. :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

There might be field hockey and ice hockey but, as anybody that has seen both games played, they share as much in common as a bikini and full-body wetsuit. Another more worthy example for these pages might be Formula One and Nascar.

Though the two might not be associated at all, sharing sponsors has made the jump a little less harsh on the knees lately, especially since Juan Pablo Montoya made the leap...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience