My oxygen sensor

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Yup!! my engine light is on. There are 2 oxygen sensor for toyota vios. How to DIY to ensure purchase and replace correct faulty oxygen sensor.

Thanks for your prompt reply

Normally, 2nd O2 sensor is located after Cat, a bit difficult to DIY.
Unless u have jack to raise up ur vehicle.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The scan tool might just say O2 fault but I don't think they will tell which one, so to change is trial and error, means one by one

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Straight change both la. Very easy to diy. Probably a size 17 or 21 wrench and WD40. Settle.

Both changed all in should be RM180 for two?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
does o2 sensor which has been in service for 180k km causes high fc?
engine light does not lit up.
my car has sudden increase in fc.last time can get 14km/l.
now only 12km/l despite how hard i try.

was thinking to clean the cat con but still dont have time to do so.
also think to pour in the techron additive.
i have check the plug and clean the air filtet.

could it just need a tune up?

Allexking

Apr 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Straight change both la. Very easy to diy. Probably a size 17 or 21 wrench and WD40. Settle.

Both changed all in should be RM180 for two?
If both really only RM180.00, earlier already change them. Checked with Toyota Spare Parts shop. Quoted around RM300.00 per sensor. Vios got 2 oxygen sensors. Thats why seeking for best solution to me here which as follows:-

1) Way to determine which faulty sensor
2) Any recommended reliable mechanic
3) DIY guide to change

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If both really only RM180.00, earlier already change them. Checked with Toyota Spare Parts shop. Quoted around RM300.00 per sensor. Vios got 2 oxygen sensors. Thats why seeking for best solution to me here which as follows:-

3) DIY guide to change
RM180 maybe is Wira ones?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

3) DIY guide to change
Don't ask Toyota la. Go find a generic spare parts shop. If I can find it cheaper will you come to my house and let me charge you to replace it? :biggrin:

Anyway, O2 sensors for smaller cars isn't as scary as the bigger cars. Speaking of which, my Nissan Sylphy O2 sensor costs RM200 at the spare parts shop near my house. I highly doubt the Vios will be more expensive.

1. If you want to check, you need a voltmeter and know how to read it.
2. This is a simple O2 sensor, most if not all mechs can do it.
3. Find a spanner that'll hold the new sensor snugly, WD40 the current sensor - let it soak in, spanner remove it (bit by bit, don't be too aggressive). Unplug it and replace with new sensor and installation is reverse of everything.

Very easy laaa... The biggest problem is finding a cheap sensor only.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We specialize in a wide range of products such as Car Audio,laptops,mobile phones, plasma & lcd tv, mp3 & mp4 players,video games console, digital cameras, dvd players (Etc) at cheaper & affordable prices.

AUDIOCAR EQUIPMENT LIMITED strive to offer high-quality products at competitive prices.

All of our products are brand new, never used, never rebuilt.We maintain multiple-supplier sources for our products as a means of being able to continually offer the best products at the best...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience