Voltage Stabilizer

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
Hi guys,i own a waja and recently pay a visit to an accessory shop.
The shop taukeh recommend me to use voltage stabilizer to improve performance.
He took a digital battery tester and showed me that my car battery cca is very low.
He said "waja should be 500cca & urs only 350cca.Ur FC should be very high"
I have to agree on him on FC due to my waja FC so high past one year.
My waja just 5 years old.
Then the taukeh plug in one VS on my car and ask me to test drive.
During test drive,i can feel the difference.
Its like my car got more pickup than before.
I got used Pivot Raizin VS before on my old car.
But this VS called STORM earth & voltage.
Never heard of this brand.Searched in the net and failed to get info.
Got 3 version with 3 different amp power.The casing is in gold colour.
The biggest amp VS he said costs RM900 plus.
I just want to know whether the price is worth for it and any info abt the brand?
Isit reliable?Anyone have been used this VS?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Never heard before. If it works, isn't too expensive, then buy lor. It works on your car what.

Pivot VS is a joke la. Quite useless.

faruck

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2011
selangor
hot inazma bro..but beware of fake ones

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Hi guys,i own a waja and recently pay a visit to an accessory shop.
The shop taukeh recommend me to use voltage stabilizer to improve performance.
He took a digital battery tester and showed me that my car battery cca is very low.
I have to agree on him on FC due to my waja FC so high past one year.
My waja just 5 years old.
Then the taukeh plug in one VS on my car and ask me to test drive.
During test drive,i can feel the difference.
Its like my car got more pickup than before.
I got used Pivot Raizin VS before on my old car.
But this VS called STORM earth & voltage.
Never heard of this brand.Searched in the net and failed to get info.
Got 3 version with 3 different amp power.The casing is in gold colour.
The biggest amp VS he said costs RM900 plus.
I just want to know whether the price is worth for it and any info abt the brand?
Isit reliable?Anyone have been used this VS?
RM900++ is kinda super overpriced for VS packaged with grounding cable.
Then again i never heard of Storm before. Actually u can DIY a voltage stabiliszer which cost u less than RM 30.
On the grounding, it do give improvement on as the car got older but then again it wont gave u miracle improvement on fc. The improvement is so small that it can be neglected. Same goes for VS.
Therefore i dont recommend spending a huge sum on these upgrade.
I have both item installed on all cars in my family. I DIY the VS and bought cheap grounding cable online.. Here are my rank of improvement on the car, highest is the best improvement;
1.1993 Mistu Pajero
2.1999 Prorotn Wira
3.2002 Proton Waja
4.2008 Proton BLM
5.2004 Kenari

In my case, the fc remain the same but better engine response is felt and the drive is smoother.
The pajero will start by one short crank unlike multiple crank previously.

I would recommend upgrading your battery to a higher capacity model, install a decent VS and install the grounding cable while oso cleaning the existing one..

Oso recommended is cleaning your throttle body and recheck your spark plug condition and gap.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
RM900++ is kinda super overpriced for VS packaged with grounding cable.
Then again i never heard of Storm before. Actually u can DIY a voltage stabiliszer which cost u less than RM 30.
On the grounding, it do give improvement on as the car got older but then again it wont gave u miracle improvement on fc. The improvement is so small that it can be neglected. Same goes for VS.
Therefore i dont recommend spending a huge sum on these upgrade.
I have both item installed on all cars in my family. I DIY the VS and bought cheap grounding cable online.. Here are my rank of improvement on the car, highest is the best improvement;
1.1993 Mistu Pajero
2.1999 Prorotn Wira
3.2002 Proton Waja
4.2008 Proton BLM
5.2004 Kenari

In my case, the fc remain the same but better engine response is felt and the drive is smoother.
The pajero will start by one short crank unlike multiple crank previously.

I would recommend upgrading your battery to a higher capacity model, install a decent VS and install the grounding cable while oso cleaning the existing one..

Oso recommended is cleaning your throttle body and recheck your spark plug condition and gap.
Can PM ur DIY VS step by step so that I can learn? :biggrin: At least I no need buy the VS already.
Groundings got a member of ZTH post before on how to make one. So I shall refer there but somehow someone copied his DIY and selling to people quite high in price for 5 pieces of groundings.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Can PM ur DIY VS step by step so that I can learn? :biggrin: At least I no need buy the VS already.
Groundings got a member of ZTH post before on how to make one. So I shall refer there but somehow someone copied his DIY and selling to people quite high in price for 5 pieces of groundings.
Simple mar, can google.
I dont know if more capacitor is better but mine works just fine esp in reducing the aircond compressor kick in feel.
I even install one on my EX5, using the small plastic container which some of us put small cup cake in.
Never mind, i will send u the detail this saturday when i balik kampung.
I pop the hood of the Pajero just now to discover that the VS is missing. If not can post it now. Quick call revealed that it was swapped with a malfunctioning unit belong to a friend. Lucky the damage unit is still kept at home.
ON saturday dont laugh at my soldering skill eh, its not tidy.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

On grounding, i have seen some DIYers even go to the extreme by using welding cable.
Dunno if there are actually any more benefit. Its not like the grounding cable will carry super high amp.
Only probable advantage is the lower resistance.

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Simple mar, can google.
I dont know if more capacitor is better but mine works just fine esp in reducing the aircond compressor kick in feel.
I even install one on my EX5, using the small plastic container which some of us put small cup cake in.
Never mind, i will send u the detail this saturday when i balik kampung.
I pop the hood of the Pajero just now to discover that the VS is missing. If not can post it now. Quick call revealed that it was swapped with a malfunctioning unit belong to a friend. Lucky the damage unit is still kept at home.
ON saturday dont laugh at my soldering skill eh, its not tidy.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

On grounding, i have seen some DIYers even go to the extreme by using welding cable.
Dunno if there are actually any more benefit. Its not like the grounding cable will carry super high amp.
Only probable advantage is the lower resistance.
Much appreciated bro. U willing to share already thankful enough. :adore:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
900 might be better do other mods and improve better power

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Bro. gunnerzz have quite some diy stuffs up his sleeves one.....:driver:
DIY is the normal term.
To me its more like "things u do when u are super boring and nothing really interesting to do" stuff.
i had to DIY as when i make one for my car, my sis wants it, my dad wants it, my bro wants it.....
So end up doing for all car, then again its more economical and the most valuable part is the experience to share.

Last time i did find a circuit diagram which also includes an IC. After searching the datasheet for the said IC, i discover that its a voltage regulator.I dont really understand the whole concept but i do understand it will keep the voltage flat at 12V.
However, mine does not have voltage regulator. Just E cap.

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
CCA should be cold crank ampere, you can change the cca of your battery by changing the battery size. For example ns60 batt will have lower cca than ns70. Ive search that DIN size battery offer better CCA than NS battery with comparable size such as ns70 with din66 and ns60 with din55. Out of theese for size battery, din66 offer the best CCA around 580ampere(its according to batter y manufacturer)

Thank you

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Here it is then..
The diagram. This diagram is using multiple capacity cap. The number of caps is up to you, some say more or bigger capacity is better.
What u need;
-( 4700uf, 16V/12V capacitor ) x 4
-( 3300uf, 16V/12V capacitor ) x 4
-( 1000uf, 16V/12V capacitor ) x 10
-circuit board
-box
-wires
-fuse holder
-wire terminal

Sorry for the bad drawing. The basic connection is like in the drawing but u can use your imagination and creativity to place it on the circuit board in order to save space or have the better looking end product. For the fuse holder, u can buy one at any spare part shop.

As i discover when i did this in 2008 is that the shop did not have much stock for capacitor so not all VS i made is using the diagram above. This is another design i made using only 4700uf capacitor.

In this design, there is also an LED indicator. Do remember to connect a 1k resistor to the led or it will burnt upon connection of the terminal. I just used normal auto wire in the VS and it works just fine. To make it easier to connect, i also uses the green wire terminal and solder it to the circuit board.

If i recalled correctly i made lesser of the VS with multiple capacity capacitor compared with the single capacity capacitor as thats the most commonly sold capacitor. 16V will do fine.

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
Thanks for the schematic bro gunnerzz

My opinion(correct me if im wrong):
Cap voltage=25V
And combo with ceramic caps would makes it perfect.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

Cap voltage=25V
I am using either 12V / 16V on mine.For the 4700uF, only 16V is available.
I dont use 25V. I dont think higher voltage cap will do harm but i do believe the price is a bit higher.
The diagram is just a basic one, the possibility is limited.

What design did u use?

Rleo6965

Known Member
Jun 22, 2012
Philippines

Cap voltage=25V
Much better if you use 25V capacitor working voltage. Capacitor will not heat up. Use 0.1 Mfd ceramic capacitor to filter out high frequency noise or on +12V dc supply.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My friend car have been stolen at a workshopl @ kamunting....

No. Plate : PAX 4958

Owner Name : Adib

No H/P : 0173000953

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience