Installing grounding wire

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Means this drag race is not stock wei. All got groundings and volt stabilizer :rofl:

Anyway, ya the Almera ECU fried but did not blame my friend on it. Dunno what happen actually. Just trying to attach the last cable then short circuit.

Mine no need to remove positive terminal as well. Just the negative side.
Grounding and VS can add power meh?:smokin:
Mine negative also did not remove....

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

I think one of the grounding wires touched the +ve batt terminal.
Even touch +ve just spark only mah! Ground cable leads back to -ve terminal only

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

:rofl: Why u usually relate to my mira :rofl: Yes, worried about the Altis one. Kancil not afraid at all.
Cuz got once I was reconnecting my grounding cables cuz got loosen, then got sparks, gave me a shock and was afraid that I would get something fried. Lucky it is okay.
Battery 12v spark where can shock you? You want shock, try the spark plug cables....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

Even touch +ve just spark only mah! Ground cable leads back to -ve terminal only

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Battery 12v spark where can shock you? You want shock, try the spark plug cables....:biggrin:
No la bro, gave me a shock as in gave me a scare kind of shock. Not electric shock :rofl:
Spark plug cables kena before. Previous mira stock one was faulty. Got electric shock for just touching the cables that was exposed.

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008

Bro, last time I used to think like u. 12v only how to got electric shock. Until one day when I removing my ns60 battery from my car. While I opening the positive terminal clamp using T wrench, I accidentally touching the other side of the T wrench with negative terminal. Spark came out, I half-cooked my fingertips. Smoke came out from my finger tip for around 3-5second. U can try it yourself.. :biggrin:

The car battery have only 12v. But it capable to push at least 45ampere of current. Power = volt X amp. So the total power is around 540w.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Yesterday successfully DIYing install the ground cable. I take out both terminals and wrap the positive terminals so nothing touches it while I am working. Everything ok, nothing fried.. fuhhh... :star:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bro, last time I used to think like u. 12v only how to got electric shock. Until one day when I removing my ns60 battery from my car. While I opening the positive terminal clamp using T wrench, I accidentally touching the other side of the T wrench with negative terminal. Spark came out, I half-cooked my fingertips. Smoke came out from my finger tip for around 3-5second. U can try it yourself.. :biggrin:

The car battery have only 12v. But it capable to push at least 45ampere of current. Power = volt X amp. So the total power is around 540w.
It can spark and burn but not shock. I used to work in a battery manufacturing plant years ago. We test them, spark them and even one time we shorted one using thick cable. Left them on, means +ve and -ve terminal linked with that cable. The cable heated up, melted the rubber insulation then cable also melted away to disconnect the two terminals.......:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yesterday successfully DIYing install the ground cable. I take out both terminals and wrap the positive terminals so nothing touches it while I am working. Everything ok, nothing fried.. fuhhh... :star:
How's the result? Got any difference?

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
It can spark and burn but not shock. I used to work in a battery manufacturing plant years ago. We test them, spark them and even one time we shorted one using thick cable. Left them on, means +ve and -ve terminal linked with that cable. The cable heated up, melted the rubber insulation then cable also melted away to disconnect the two terminals.......:biggrin:
OIC. learn new thing today. Yes u r correct. It's not shock. But it's very painful.. Haha... :biggrin:

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
How's the result? Got any difference?
Hmm.. Not driving last night, so cannot evaluate the headlamp brightness. If it does improve, maybe just 5%.. hehe no big deal on this. I am comfortable with previous brightness anyway.

I would like to see (hopefully) improvement on starter and alarm issues as I mentioned before. That will take some time and I will share my findings later.

My next targeted DIY mod is raising the hood (just a little bit) :nurse:
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...312-how-to-raise-your-car-hood-diy-style.html

Last edited:

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
I noticed the rpm slightly reduced from normal idle 1000rpm to about 750rpm. Not much but it is still slightly quiet idle. Is it a good sign or vice versa?

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
I diy grounding cable on my waja CPS, low rev misfire problem gone. Some may say proton stock grounding is bad. My friend civic FD1, have a problem everytime ac compressor kick in while idling, the rev down to around 500rpm and vibrating whole dashboard for a while. I diy to him grounding cable and the problem gone.

ezrider

Jun 14, 2006
KL
i have grounding cables and fake Pivot VR - engine idling smoother, aircon kicks in gentler, acceleration slightly easier. could be my imagination but i like the VR stabilizer, ensures correct voltage all around, lights brighter and constant whether accelerating or not. Starting always good. My 10 year old Proton.

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
Hi all sifus

I am going to DIY installing recently bought pivot 5 point grounding wire.

I bought it in the first place after google around where quite a lot of people installing it, especially for old cars like mine (1996 1.6 satria)

But yesterday, one mechanic i met said it is not necessary :idea:

Need some advise. Is it really necessary actually?

My logic thinking is; it is just additional negative wire which helps to discharge better. It wont disturb the engine system, rather makes the electrical system better.

Need advise on this. Is it good to go (install since i already have it), or not?

And also do's and dont's during installation.

Thanks all
Hi Bro

1st IMHO try not to install because want to gain HP or power. For me there is no such thing. BUT, the grounding do help. When the car getting older the cable also do. it is related to ohm law. When the cable getting old the resistance will be high and it less efficiency. By upgrading the ground cable, it act like adding a new channel to the current flow. Current is very smart ant they will choose lower resistance, cleanest and shorted path. Additional grounding create a refresh grounding route to the system. if you notice our car grounding using a thin cable (14 or 16 AWG if not mistaken). Adding bigger cable gave a better flow. My personal experience,my head light less flicker when AC kick. So be happy to add and enjoy. But PLEASE obey all the safety rules.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Hi Bro

1st IMHO try not to install because want to gain HP or power. For me there is no such thing. BUT, the grounding do help. When the car getting older the cable also do. it is related to ohm law. When the cable getting old the resistance will be high and it less efficiency. By upgrading the ground cable, it act like adding a new channel to the current flow. Current is very smart ant they will choose lower resistance, cleanest and shorted path. Additional grounding create a refresh grounding route to the system. if you notice our car grounding using a thin cable (14 or 16 AWG if not mistaken). Adding bigger cable gave a better flow. My personal experience,my head light less flicker when AC kick. So be happy to add and enjoy. But PLEASE obey all the safety rules.
Already installed and survive! hehe... no, I do understand why I install it, exactly as what you mentioned above (stupid to think it can give more HP). If after installing it, idle is lower, is it a good sign? I have asked above once, no one respond yet.. hehe :rolleyes:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Already installed and survive! hehe... no, I do understand why I install it, exactly as what you mentioned above (stupid to think it can give more HP). If after installing it, idle is lower, is it a good sign? I have asked above once, no one respond yet.. hehe :rolleyes:
Hmmm....have not come across this issue before....:hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have the folowing problem. I have bouth the alarm a cupple jears ago.(4jears) at a dealer in holland. it was installed in a old corsa.(wife's car) when the car went to the junkjard i removed the alarm.
In this time i moved to a diverend house. so the original box and munual where trown away by my wife!:banghead:

I whent back to the dealer for a new manual so i could install it in my own car. unfurtuntly the dealer dousn't exist anymore.:mad:

I tride to find the manufacter of the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience