Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Last edited:

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
didn't know adjusting the throttle (accelerator) cable can adjust idling, for my AT deer, adjusting it oni sets the gear changing mechanism to faster @ slower response.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, but still have cold start issues :rofl: Cuz by the time i reach there no more cold start issues.
Tuning the carb is not for cold start issue. Is For normal driving.

Choke is for cold start but your very minimal so don't bother, just step a bit on accelerator....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

maybe shud use tb cleaner to wash the throttle and see how. I saw a bit oily inside.

Meaning to say according to the article, car running too lean also not good it seems. Will try to adjust again
Worse case, open up and service the carb. Since most of the other parts have already been done, like your brake fluid nipple also jammed up already....

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

didn't know adjusting the throttle (accelerator) cable can adjust idling, for my AT deer, adjusting it oni sets the gear changing mechanism to faster @ slower response.
That one is when no adjustment screw. By pulling the cable tight already open up slightly the fuel feed to increase the idling....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Tuning the carb is not for cold start issue. Is For normal driving.

Choke is for cold start but your very minimal so don't bother, just step a bit on accelerator....:biggrin:

Worse case, open up and service the carb. Since most of the other parts have already been done, like your brake fluid nipple also jammed up already....
That one is when no adjustment screw. By pulling the cable tight already open up slightly the fuel feed to increase the idling....
Open up and clean? Can get your guidance ar? I only so far see the carb area that looks like throttle body flap. That part that I posted in whatsapp today. Izso said use carb cleaner to clean that part.

Ya so far only cold start vibrating. Other than that when driving, engine is consider smooth. Maybe can adjust to the best that can save more fuel? LOL!

Last time when it was vibrating more when driving, it saves more fuel. Now adjusted not much vibration but seems I can no longer hit 260km, now only 220-230km full tank LOL! Maybe max 240KM

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Open up and clean? Can get your guidance ar? I only so far see the carb area that looks like throttle body flap. That part that I posted in whatsapp today. Izso said use carb cleaner to clean that part.

Ya so far only cold start vibrating. Other than that when driving, engine is consider smooth. Maybe can adjust to the best that can save more fuel? LOL!

Last time when it was vibrating more when driving, it saves more fuel. Now adjusted not much vibration but seems I can no longer hit 260km, now only 220-230km full tank LOL! Maybe max 240KM
in u'r case, the oni thing I can think of is, when idling u'r rpm is higher coz want to reduce the mounting vibration, when gear engage its rpm is lower but less engine vibration, so the more u'r car idles, the more fuel consumption. I know this coz the same wit my dear + my tachometer reading is like that when idle & engage gear

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
in u'r case, the oni thing I can think of is, when idling u'r rpm is higher coz want to reduce the mounting vibration, when gear engage its rpm is lower but less engine vibration, so the more u'r car idles, the more fuel consumption. I know this coz the same wit my dear + my tachometer reading is like that when idle & engage gear
Ya my mech did tell me that but I didnt know will drop that much LOL!
short of 20-30KM. He afraid he adjusted already no vibration but FC affected slightly.

So might try to adjust DIY and see to a level that I like. See the difference.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Open and clean need mechanic to do. Will take apart and clean the internal so will need carb kit also.
But since it is idling at start only, might as well forget it first until some major stuffs....hahaha:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Open and clean need mechanic to do. Will take apart and clean the internal so will need carb kit also.
But since it is idling at start only, might as well forget it first until some major stuffs....hahaha:biggrin:
Major stuffs? Gonna let it be until it crashes :rofl: Well must be right timing at as when I have the budget :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Your budget must be huge. Repairs, Mira transplant, Jetta BOT, Mini suspension....:smokin::biggrin:
That's the problem. I can't seems to focus on one. All also want to touch. Realised that I have to focus on one 1st.

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
realise is 1 thing, to keep focus is 1 thing but we r not doin oni our ride but oir daily life oso + if long time no touch, it will sure give headache to track back what we've done, so my suggestion, need 2 keep a journal for each car. than oni u can focus even got tonnes of thing 2 do.

wifey lenovo wit tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

Ya my mech did tell me that but I didnt know will drop that much LOL!
short of 20-30KM. He afraid he adjusted already no vibration but FC affected slightly.

So might try to adjust DIY and see to a level that I like. See the difference.

bro SF, there is 2 screw on the right side of the photo, 1 is the bigger size is used to adjust the idling wit the a-con on, the smaller 1 on the right is to adjust the butterfly as to control the vacuum for start up, u can adjust it for easier start, origoinally it uses allen key to turn but since the thread is loose, i change to slightly bigger screw but did not success.end up changing carb.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
realise is 1 thing, to keep focus is 1 thing but we r not doin oni our ride but oir daily life oso + if long time no touch, it will sure give headache to track back what we've done, so my suggestion, need 2 keep a journal for each car. than oni u can focus even got tonnes of thing 2 do.

bro SF, there is 2 screw on the right side of the photo, 1 is the bigger size is used to adjust the idling wit the a-con on, the smaller 1 on the right is to adjust the butterfly as to control the vacuum for start up, u can adjust it for easier start, origoinally it uses allen key to turn but since the thread is loose, i change to slightly bigger screw but did not success.end up changing carb.

Aiks should have sell you my carb and take yours in return as well. That way got excuse to transplant LOL! Just kidding.

Anyway thanks for sharing bro. Will try that. Just want less vibration and also trying to tune till I can get that 260km mileage. Now I just can't reach that mileage. Just have to adjust it to my own liking since got some guidance now :smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i remembered I did saw a pic that shows a kancil with the 1300cc K3-VET engine. I would like to ask is that really possible? No problem with the JPJ?

So one K3-VET + installation worksmanship is how much? I also need BOV, intercooler, turbo timer, piggyback ecu remap and all this dashboard meter thingie.....

So if we can install the engine, what about the gearbox? can install also? I wondered if it has CVT..... Also I would like to ask if we can strengthen the gearbox and install...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience