My experience on OWS Spark Plugs

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I bought a set of not cheap at all spark plugs for my car. The engine is 4A-GE 20 Valve Blacktop. In my opinion, don't waste your time, money and hopes on this brands. It's absolutely trash. RM260 for a set of 4. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

My previous spark plugs were NGK platinum. It was obviously worn out and thus power and fuel consumption is a bit poor. I did not ask for much after changing a new spark plug. Not explosive power. I just want a standard performance.

To my disappointment, my car's FC dropped slightly and the response and power is totally out. It was worse that my previously worn out platinum. I have checked everything else. The resistance in the cables is fine. The readings from the ignition coil is fine.

I then found out that they have a mostly a similar spark plug model for every toyota car. This means that they chose a best compromise design to suite most of the models instead of individually developed design for each engine. To put it short, "as long as it fits in" :thefinger:. This is bad and each spark pug design is very specific for an engine. Even to the point of how many microns does it protrude out into the combustion chamber. It its too high up, the flame front doesn't propagate properly. Look at NGK and Denso. They have very specific spark plugs for different models even in the same carmaker.

I contacted the HQ in singapore to arrange for a refund but to no use.

One more thing people should know about OWS. It's "MARKETED" as a german brand. German company. "APPEARS" to have a german CEO. HQ in singapore? Seriously? May I remind people here that this is purely a marketing firm. The do not produce their own products. They rebrand and repackage standard products with premium labels and premium price.

:listen: Do yourself a good. Love your car. Love your wallet. Do not make the same mistake as i did...

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
Veloc,
Bro... just stick with NGK, it'll do fine.
OWS probably good product for some.
Who convince you to buy this product?

I normally stick with NGK and MOTUL(fluids) for my ride.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Veloc,
Bro... just stick with NGK, it'll do fine.
OWS probably good product for some.
Who convince you to buy this product?

I normally stick with NGK and MOTUL(fluids) for my ride.
I initially opt for NGK too. The seller do not have the exact spark plug model for my engine. So he convinced me to try this OWS. Tell you more when tt la bro.

RM260 is exp man..is this iridium or platinum?
Try adjusting the gap to suit your engine
It's iridium. And therefore, the gap is none adjustable. Set at 0.8 mm. The only next thing i can try to do to normalize the performance is to side-gap it.

Last edited:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
My previous spark plugs were NGK platinum. It was obviously worn out and thus power and fuel consumption is a bit poor. I did not ask for much after changing a new spark plug. Not explosive power. I just want a standard performance.

I feel your frustration, bro Beloc.

Bro, I am honestly not trying to shoot you, but you mentioned that you wanted a standard performance, so why wouldn't you stick with a standard plugs in the first place?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah

I feel your frustration, bro Beloc.

Bro, I am honestly not trying to shoot you, but you mentioned that you wanted a standard performance, so why wouldn't you stick with a standard plugs in the first place?
I wanted a longer service life. Plus, the extra performace (if available) wouldn't hurt. I just didn't expect worse performace than my old worn out plugs. Doesn't make sense coz iridium suppose to have slightly better power. Worse comes to worst, at least standard power.

Sent from my android using Tapatalk.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Phew @rm260 you can already get a Denso/NGK Iridium with still a substantial amount left!
Well lesson learned the hard way, buy products that is already well known & trusted, and don't easily get influenced by marketing gimmicks.

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
fuuu...i feel your pain...if you still keep you old set...have them clean and resuse until you can get a new set...my bet its still better than using that "new" one...which reminds me i also need a new set of sparks...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Sounds like the product was inferior. The packaging looks professional and convincing though.

Still on the subject of spark plugs, is there an expiry date for unused new spark plugs??

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Just be careful of this brand. They buy and repackage with inflated prices. For their oil, i heard that they rebrand Ravenol. If its really true, its okay because Ravenol is good oil. Just that you pay some hefty extra amount because it is called OWS.

As for their spark plugs, I have shared my nightmare experience. Do not buy.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
OWS has spark plugs? Aisayman. There are three major manufacturers that make good plugs, Denso, NGK and Bosch. All others are niche brands with niche 'features' like silver tip or pure copper and all that. You want standard stick with standard brands la. I usually buy from spare parts shops and usually go in with what I want. Don't compromise your decision unless it's the equivalent alternative of a well known brand.

Oh btw, whats the heat range on the plug you bought vs the original?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I initially opt for NGK too. The seller do not have the exact spark plug model for my engine. So he convinced me to try this OWS. Tell you more when tt la bro.

It's platinum. And therefore, the gap is none adjustable. Set at 0.8 mm. The only next thing i can try to do to normalize the performance is to side-gap it.
I wanted a longer service life. Plus, the extra performace (if available) wouldn't hurt. I just didn't expect worse performace than my old worn out plugs. Doesn't make sense coz iridium suppose to have slightly better power. Worse comes to worst, at least standard power.

So is it Iridium or Platinum?

But as bro. 6UE5t mentioned getting NGK or Denso Iridium is so much cheaper and are well known branded plugs

Last edited:

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007

But as bro. 6UE5t mentioned getting NGK or Denso Iridium is so much cheaper and are well known branded plugs
the ows packaging have Iridium printed...but it could be anything but iridium...huhuhuh

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
OWS has spark plugs? Aisayman. There are three major manufacturers that make good plugs, Denso, NGK and Bosch. All others are niche brands with niche 'features' like silver tip or pure copper and all that. You want standard stick with standard brands la. I usually buy from spare parts shops and usually go in with what I want. Don't compromise your decision unless it's the equivalent alternative of a well known brand.

Sorry typo. My old worn plugs are platinum. The ows are iridium

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Heat range 6. Same as my ori spex. Heat range is correct.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

One of the greatest aspects of motorsports is perhaps also one of the angles that the spectators rarely view as they see the racecars shred slicks on the tarmac, and that is the plethora of emotions and effort invested by the team in getting the car to the starting grid in the first place.

Team JPM Dragon-i can attest to that though, as the team very nearly didn’t make it to the starting grid but managed to get...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience