My ceFIRO

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Seizei, have you solve your idle problem? My turn of having the stupid idle problem , goes below 500rpm even when coasting ! Let me know pls as I don't want my mech to start changing all the car parts to identify my car idle problem. I suspect the following defects:-

1) cam sensor

2) afm

3) fuel pump

4) tps

Earlier today , I sprayed some water onto the cam sensor as it was leaking oil onto the crankpulley.

Any input would help...

Last edited:

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Mine happen after engine fully warm up, and drove for minimal 20mins. Think the engine bay heat may have heat up the AFM making it go crazy. The car feel sluggish, and RPM may drop when you try to accelerate from standstill.

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

AAC dirty may cause idling problem too.
Weikee , did you chg the AAC and afm too?

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
My problem solved! Weikee was right ! It was the Airflow meter , after changing it the engine ran smoothly again. By the way the afm cost about rm200-00 Halfcut condition.

Attachments

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Seizei, have you solve your idle problem? My turn of having the stupid idle problem , goes below 500rpm even when coasting ! Let me know pls as I don't want my mech to start changing all the car parts to identify my car idle problem. I suspect the following defects:-

1) cam sensor

2) afm

3) fuel pump

4) tps

Earlier today , I sprayed some water onto the cam sensor as it was leaking oil onto the crankpulley.

Any input would help...
I replaced coolant sensor (engine light on hard to start) and second hand afm (new one thousand plus).

Dropping problem still exist but it dropped till 300~400 this time.

Last edited:

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
I replaced coolant sensor (engine light on hard to start) and second hand afm (new one thousand plus).

Dropping problem still exist but it dropped till 300~400 this time.
Did you try to clean the throttle body and aacv idle valve?

I've actually wasted rm200-00 bucks to replace the afm. I've cleaned the 'spoilt afm' and installed it to my a32 , walau eh, it runs like new !! Now I have 2 spare afms! Since I have the spare afm , I have delete the mash in the afm. Suppose to give more throttle response. Will take it for a spin by this weekend.

Fingers crossed.

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
Actually guys you shouldn't remove the wire mesh, apart from the obvious reason of stopping some rare large debris, its actually there for a more important reason. The reason is to have a laminar air flow through the hot wire sensor, this will allow a more precise and consistent air flowing reading. Laminar flow means a straight and non turbulent flow.

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
I thought the air filter already stop any large debris (or small) from reaching the afm? The air filter is supposed to do the filtering job rite? Hmm, maybe you might be right on the turbulent or the laminar flow theory ... I will find out this weekend.

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
Yes the air filter suppose to stop the debris, but you know some people very smart what, never use air filter wan. You can also easily get a laminar air flow but also using a pack of straight straws and have the air flow through them like what mythbusters did when they needed laminar air flow.

zero_kun

May 23, 2014
sarawak
Hi everyone.. im a new member here.. just bought a cefiro a32 3.0 last month..
Bt d car coming with d idle prob.. its quite serious especilly at morning.. oways sei for
I noe is a comment prob for d vq. So i put it into garrage to repair.. nw its better after sevice bt still will sei for sumtime at d morning during cold car.. i took bck to d sifu ask him help mi to diagnose d prob.. bt he said he cant find d socket/terminal to plug in:sleep:

Any1 here noe wher d terminal/socket hide at??
Thx 1st for reading my loso..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've been thinking that IF I go for a project car in perhaps 5-6 years and given the limited budget, what car would be a good choice and why?

I've been having pretty weird nightly dreams of driving my old Wira around, kinda shows how much I miss having a car I can properly enjoy.

Anyway, what would be your project car, budget breakdown and how would you go about project-ing it?

(Yes - this sounds very much like *another* one of those type of threads. Sorry la)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience