Hey all.. TarmacFAZ whats to join the fun

May 23, 2014
Aus
Hey all, new here so ill follow the template and see how this goes...

-What do you drive: Subaru WRX GC8 with grip and corner speed setup.

-Male: Yes

-Picture of you: maybe later

-Location: Perth Australia, im currently in the process of making arrangements to move to KL.

-How you came about to know Zerotohundred.com?: Google

-When was it: Today

-What were you expecting or purpose coming to Zerotohundred.com?: To meet like minded people and find info on all aspects of malaysia and the car scene.

-What do you expect from Zerotohundred.com in the next 1-2 years: To still be a resource for automotive information in malaysia.

-What are you planning to do in the next 2-3years?: Live in KL whilst i work offshore and during my time off, build a time attack car that i can race in amateur events at Sepang.

I was also hoping to get more info on the rental markets and locations and also tuning shops and parts suppliers in and around KL..

hopefully this is a friendly forum and i can meet some new people happy to help out with the details.

Attachments

Last edited:

TarmacFAZ

May 23, 2014
Aus
my00.. ver6
new to the subaru, been a nissan owner (R32) for the previous 6yrs
but i really like the feel of the GC8 setup, unsure what to get when im over there.

are there many GC8's for sale in malaysia?

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
my00.. ver6
new to the subaru, been a nissan owner (R32) for the previous 6yrs
but i really like the feel of the GC8 setup, unsure what to get when im over there.

are there many GC8's for sale in malaysia?
Ver 6 is the latest for GC8...

GC8 not that common in Malaysia. GDB models are the common ones. But GC8 are selling for around 40k to 50k plus in Malaysia Ringgit. Loan not applicable.

TarmacFAZ

May 23, 2014
Aus
wow.. if import duty was calculated on what i paid in Aus id ship mine...
do all the taxes still apply if the car is imported unlic for track use only?
just curious. heh

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
wow.. if import duty was calculated on what i paid in Aus id ship mine...
do all the taxes still apply if the car is imported unlic for track use only?
just curious. heh
From what I know, if your imported car is registered to be use on the road, then yes, import duty will be charged on you. For track cars which is not road legal, import duties won't be charged.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
From what I know, if your imported car is registered to be use on the road, then yes, import duty will be charged on you. For track cars which is not road legal, import duties won't be charged.
Why not? Still importing the car, unless take apart and import as parts but still got taxes to pay....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i now use original VR4 wiring i think i will change it because have many problem ,i think i will change to evo 3 wiring but i scary that will have the same problem like engine just shut off.. ... timing no like shit... so what do i need to do....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience